Apparantly, Brewers owner is upset and thinks there needs to be a Salaray Cap.

Originally Posted by Kn0wledgeable

610x.jpg

hank: hey dad you think they mad

george: of course no one on the corner got a swagger like us haha
SCHIPHU016004%7ECurt-Schilling-Randy-Johnson-2001-World-Series-Co-MVP-s-Posters.jpg

22530177.jpg

Willis10-25.jpg

1142958384_6094.jpg

AAGS212%7EOzzie-Guillen-Celebrating-with-2005-World-Series-Championship-Trophy-Posters.jpg

bill-brett_boston-globe-image-of-2007-world-series-film-release-party-copy.jpg

610x.jpg

Swagger?
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

Originally Posted by TBONE95860

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

Man I'm leaving this thread before I starting getting angry
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
You are leaving because you are a Yankee fan, and you don't have a decent argument for why baseball should be the only league that should continue to operate without a salary cap.
You really want to get an arguement with me?
Please.
You don't stand a chance.
I'll spare you.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Please, I'm waiting. You are on the wrong playing field.

gladiator-crowe.png

03d25cf42171e656bd0f8c4038e3c5f56251c01.gif

Oh my gosh, there is so much twisted logic in here, it's ridiculous (and expected).

#1. Say the Brewers sign Teix. Does that make them better than before? Sure, a little; he's good. And... say CC doesn't stay with the Brewers (becausethey can't afford him; more on that in a second), so he goes somewhere else. We'll say... the Royals. Does that make them better than they were before?Sure, a little; he's good. But more important than the Brewers and Royals being a little better by picking up Teix and CC is the fact that EVERY team had achance, knowing that if they threw major dollars at one of them, that would most likely be the ONLY major signing they would be able to afford; the twowouldn't go to one team, a team already carrying some OTHER heavy contracts without consequence.

#2. There's not a Yankee fan out there that would be perfectly fine with the Red Sox picking up Pujols, K-Rod, Manny, A-Rod, and CC while keeping Beckett,Pedroia, Youkilis, etc.

If you even think about saying you'd be perfectly fine with that, you are lying just to keep consistent with your argument.
laugh.gif

#3. Having rules is not freaking communist, kiddies.
roll.gif

In Seattle they getting like 27,000 people at games...
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Fixed

When we are in last place too.... that = Real fans

Most winning teams can't pull that many people.

I think some of y'all Yankee fans need to chill. I don't think anyone is blaming or hating on the Yankees, and if they are, there stupid. The Yankeeshave the right to spend all the money they want, because that is the playing field in baseball. If there is no cap, then you have the right to outbid everyone.BUT I BLAME baseball for this. IMO they definitely need a cap to even out the playing fields. It isn't fair that a team can have a payroll over $200million. I mean, A-ROD made more than the ENTIRE Florida Marlins team.
laugh.gif
That is ridiculous. I think a salary cap would make the sport much more competitiveand evened out. Plus, I'm an A's fan
laugh.gif
smh.gif

^^^^^ I really dont like the A's (its an AL West team) but i always feel sorry for you guys when good players leave you
tired.gif

Originally Posted by FIRST B0RN

610x.jpg

hank: hey dad you think they mad

george: of course no one on the corner got a swagger like us haha
SCHIPHU016004%7ECurt-Schilling-Randy-Johnson-2001-World-Series-Co-MVP-s-Posters.jpg

22530177.jpg

Willis10-25.jpg

1142958384_6094.jpg

AAGS212%7EOzzie-Guillen-Celebrating-with-2005-World-Series-Championship-Trophy-Posters.jpg

bill-brett_boston-globe-image-of-2007-world-series-film-release-party-copy.jpg

610x.jpg

Swagger?
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

eyes.gif

hankdad.jpg

"HE CANT BE SERIOUS"

ok i see you with that and i raise you this

trophy_2.jpg

WE RUN THIS

AND BTW YES WE DO GOT SWAGGER. GET FAMILIAR WITH OUR PINSTRIPES

i'd just like to echo the sentiments of Nowitness, First Born, IronMan, and Ska.

Nowitness put it very well up there...and check your pm too my man.

Y'all are probably right, the MLB does need a cap. Parity has gone by the wayside.

But as long as it keeps benefiting my team, I'll keep arguing against one.

Just had to keep it real there.
laugh.gif

This is what every single Yankee fan brings up when losing an argument.

26 26 26 26 26.
laugh.gif

TBone don't want it with Iron man I'm sorry, he actually watches other teams play.
tongue.gif

Originally Posted by wildKYcat

i'd just like to echo the sentiments of Nowitness, First Born, Iron Man, and Ska.

Nowitness put it very well up there...and check your pm too my man.
I would like to also echo all the sentiments of you guys. Logic is way more thought out, the points are very well put together and presented.

My quick take....

I wouldn't care if there was a salary cap, but think about the players....they would hate this...if there was a damn salary cap then the players would notnearly have the contracts they have now....Obviously some of it is the Yankees fault for overpaying, but if there is a salary cap half of these players wouldbe getting way less money.

Originally Posted by jrp44

My quick take....

I wouldn't care if there was a salary cap, but think about the players....they would hate this...if there was a damn salary cap then the players would not nearly have the contracts they have now....Obviously some of it is the Yankees fault for overpaying, but if there is a salary cap half of these players would be getting way less money.

that's not necessarily true...you just wouldn't have 3 of the 5 highest paid players on the same team.

eyes.gif

hankdad.jpg

"HE CANT BE SERIOUS"

ok i see you with that and i raise you this

trophy_2.jpg

WE RUN THIS

AND BTW YES WE DO GOT SWAGGER. GET FAMILIAR WITH OUR PINSTRIPES

Typical lame response from a Yankees fan. It's obvious you completely missed the point of my response. Keep spending money like it's going out of styleand get used to other teams hoisting up the trophy in October while you're at home salty.

Typical lame response from a Yankees fan. It's obvious you completely missed the point of my response. Keep spending money like it's going out of style and get used to other teams hoisting up the trophy in October while you're at home salty.

NEW YORK GIANTS
It's probably stupid, but this combo makes me so uncomfortable.

Some of you just DON'T get it.

Yall are the worst fans on this forum at times, worse than Laker fans, Cowboys fans, etc.

Same people on here saying others are crying were the first people to blame a loss on bugs

Originally Posted by wildKYcat

Originally Posted by jrp44

My quick take....

I wouldn't care if there was a salary cap, but think about the players....they would hate this...if there was a damn salary cap then the players would not nearly have the contracts they have now....Obviously some of it is the Yankees fault for overpaying, but if there is a salary cap half of these players would be getting way less money.

that's not necessarily true...you just wouldn't have 3 of the 5 highest paid players on the same team.
yeah i guess thats true, but still the players wouldnt have contracts as high as they have them now.

Originally Posted by allen3xis

Some of you just DON'T get it.

Yall are the worst fans on this forum at times, worse than Laker fans, Cowboys fans, etc.

Same people on here saying others are crying were the first people to blame a loss on bugs

No one blamed the loss on bugs dude.

Relax.

Dudes are so quick to pile on.
smh.gif
Popping in mentioningthings that happened 2 years ago. Really?

When Fede is gona call out my team and say they flat out suck...the same team that beat yall in the post season just 2 years ago.

yeah, I'm goin bring that up

(check the knick thread httb
laugh.gif
)

Originally Posted by allen3xis

When Fede is gona call out my team and say they flat out suck...the same team that beat yall in the post season just 2 years ago.

yeah, I'm goin bring that up

(check the knick thread httb
laugh.gif
)

embarassed.gif
laugh.gif

allen3xis:
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

And why are you acting like no Yankees fan... no Yankees fan on NT... was salty, mad, and whining over the bugs?
laugh.gif
Why are you even trying to insult our memories like that? Heck yeah some ofyour Yankee faithful were whining over bugs.

But I see the problem, you can never get good on a small budget.
you can get good, but never consistently...and if you did (Oakland A's of the past) you have to keep a revolving door.

It kinda sucks that I know I Only will get to watch Grady play CF through 2012...and then he's gone. No question about it. Probably to the Yankees.

Then what? Gota re develop some talent. Small market teams will have to keep developing while major market teams keep plucking.

Like I said, more power to the Yankees...but it's gota come to an end at some point.

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

allen3xis:
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

And why are you acting like no Yankees fan... no Yankees fan on NT... was salty, mad, and whining over the bugs?
laugh.gif
Why are you even trying to insult our memories like that? Heck yeah some of your Yankee faithful were whining over bugs.

Yeah, I whined about the buigs too, because they obviously effected Joba negatively. When an outside factor hurts us, it bothers me. Especially in the playoffswhen Andy pitched a gem.

But I don't blame that loss on the bugs. We should have scored more than 1 run.

I highly doubt that if your guy was pitching great, then once he was swarmed by bugs he threw wild pitches all overe the place, it wouldn't bother youat all. So please spare me.

Man, I swore I'd never get into this debate again.
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom