• Team nekkid

Votes: 119 26.3%
  • Case

Votes: 279 61.6%
  • Nekkid with occasional case

Votes: 55 12.1%

• Total voters
neither bro.
if anything goes wrong with your phone... apple will replace it free of charge for one year...
just be careful your second year... and then after that its time for an upgrade anyway.

but overall, if you had to pick, i'd say best buy... heard they do swaps with no questions asked.

Best Buy for sure! I got my Space Grey 32 GB 5S from there.

They give you a free replacement charge if you lose yours, and it is only like $10 a month for insurance.

$50 cheaper than Apple's replacement fee in the second year.

Still Debating if I want to take this one back and get the gold.

Yeah I learned my lesson. My 4 lasted three years. Finally died and found out my Bby plan runs for two years only.

I was reading up on it earlier and that 64-bit chip actually means something pretty important.

It basically means that when Apple moves into "the future" to make everything faster and optimized for 64-bit and/or putting a bigger GB of RAM(requiring a more powerful chip than the 32-bit) into their phones, the only phone of ANY generation out now or made until this point that will work up to par will be the 5S. It'll probably have a long lifespan(meaning you won't see the forced lag due to new software that overworks hardware) compared to the other phones that Apple has made, which really puts butter on my biscuits. That 64-bit chip basically guarantees that you'll be able to run iOS 7-9, and maybe even 10 (depending on the GB of ram that they decide to start putting in their phones) fine. :smokin

The 5 is running fine now, but sadly once they release the 6 and optimize EVERYTHING in the OS completely for 64-bit architecture, the 5 is going to be completely out of date, forcing EVERYONE to upgrade. And i know what you're thinking- "Yeah, yeah. It's the same with the old iphones now.." but seriously- look at how well the 5 is running now, and you're probably gonna see it completely fall off when the move from 32-bit to 64-bit happens. Pretty crazy. This is the biggest step Apple has taken to really move ahead of other brands/phones..

People are saying that this phone is "an absolute powerhouse" and "future proof" because of this thing + A7 chip. :x

I was reading up on it earlier and that 64-bit chip actually means something pretty important.

It basically means that when Apple moves into "the future" to make everything faster and optimized for 64-bit and/or putting a bigger GB of RAM(requiring a more powerful chip than the 32-bit) into their phones, the only phone of ANY generation out now or made until this point that will work up to par will be the 5S. It'll probably have a long lifespan(meaning you won't see the forced lag due to new software that overworks hardware) compared to the other phones that Apple has made, which really puts butter on my biscuits. That 64-bit chip basically guarantees that you'll be able to run iOS 7-9, and maybe even 10 (depending on the GB of ram that they decide to start putting in their phones) fine. :smokin

The 5 is running fine now, but sadly once they release the 6 and optimize EVERYTHING in the OS completely for 64-bit architecture, the 5 is going to be completely out of date, forcing EVERYONE to upgrade. And i know what you're thinking- "Yeah, yeah. It's the same with the old iphones now.." but seriously- look at how well the 5 is running now, and you're probably gonna see it completely fall off when the move from 32-bit to 64-bit happens. Pretty crazy. This is the biggest step Apple has taken to really move ahead of other brands/phones..

People are saying that this phone is "an absolute powerhouse" and "future proof" because of this thing + A7 chip. :x

What are people runnig on their phones that requires so much ram?

No idea, but apparently it's the ENTIRE WORLD to Android users because it's the only thing I hear when they talk crap about iPhones. We only have 1GB of ram and Droid phones get 1-3 depending on model.

Like "So why my phone run smoother than yours?..." :lol:

No idea, but apparently it's the ENTIRE WORLD to Android users because it's the only thing I hear when they talk crap about iPhones. We only have 1GB of ram and Droid phones get 1-3 depending on model.

Like "So why my phone run smoother than yours?..." :lol:

Truth. Probably the same folks who hate on Macs for having lower ram than some PCs. People love a good resource hog.

Copped the 5s gold in store yesterday finally! The store only had one 16GB

sad to say I was on the hype train and now that I have it I miss my Black iphone 5

will be returning my gold today to get the black 5s

It basically means that when Apple moves into "the future" to make everything faster and optimized for 64-bit and/or putting a bigger GB of RAM(requiring a more powerful chip than the 32-bit) into their phones, the only phone of ANY generation out now or made until this point that will work up to par will be the 5S. It'll probably have a long lifespan(meaning you won't see the forced lag due to new software that overworks hardware) compared to the other phones that Apple has made, which really puts butter on my biscuits. That 64-bit chip basically guarantees that you'll be able to run iOS 7-9, and maybe even 10 (depending on the GB of ram that they decide to start putting in their phones) fine.
smokin.gif

People are saying that this phone is "an absolute powerhouse" and "future proof" because of this thing + A7 chip.
sick.gif
multiple tabs of BBros

Last edited:
Copped the 5s gold in store yesterday finally! The store only had one 16GB

sad to say I was on the hype train and now that I have it I miss my Black iphone 5

will be returning my gold today to get the black 5s

true. repped cause I feel the same way about the gold one; i swear the gold looks awesome in pics but way too feminine in person!
now idk why on earth they didn't release a black/gold version... but i know for a fact if they did, i'd be all over that, and i'm sure a lot of others would too.

The gold is dope to me..... I've had every iphone since the first one ... I have had the blacks and the white /silvers for years now... Feels good to be looking at something different ... I really like the look of the gold.... I went to the apple store to see it before I purchased it... Feel sorry for the people who only bought it because of the hype tho

No such feature exists drew. I could be wrong but never seen that on IOS. On android yeah.

Anyone know how to turn on delivery confirmation for text messages? :nerd:

-Drew
You mean like read receipts? The other person you're texting has to have that on to see what time they viewed the text.

Thanks fellas. I repped both of you.

I could've sworn I saw delivery confirmations on my father's 3GS a few years back though? :nerd:

I wish it was a feature we have.

-Drew

I'm still looking for a good clear case .. i mean why buy a gold version if you dont show them off somehow

^why get a case at all?

Haha at treating your phone like it's an accessory.

It's a phone. I don't understand the reasoning behind showing it off. I understand personalizing it.

I'm rocking the black leather case Apple makes.. Str8 butter

Same with me. The black case actually looks really nice with the gold. I'm going to get the beige case next. Looks way too clean with that color.

I had to scoop up apple care yesterday for this phone. I'm way too worried of cracking the screen. Just gives me peace of mind.

-Drew

Back
Top Bottom