Aqua 8s Black Friday 2015

I just saw a person on Twitter say the 2015s are trash compared to the 2007s.

I can't agree to that at all. I used think 2007s were better but after comparing both up close.....nah. They grey really isn't even that light like people complain about.

My only complaints are the straps are flimsy and thin and I'm not a big fan of the glitter. Other than that these > 2007s as far as looks.

It's so strange how the grey looks in person compared to pictures that make it look so light.
Not gonna lie, I was team '07 in the beginning when the early pics surfaced. The NDC pic with all the 8s was promising but you know how they do with the glamour shots. I don't know if it was the lighting, filters, or what (GM?), but all the subsequent pics with the '15 pair looking all light grey was no bueno. The OGs weren't like that but people kept insisting its a good look and if people disagreed, they called em haters or unknowledgeable.

Fast forward to pics with proper lighting and in hand/on feet accounts of the darker grey panel and I can honestly say I can't wait for these to come in. The Suns 8 treatment would've killed these for me, but thankfully Nike did em just right. I don't care if these sit, I hope they do so I can double up for the low later. Now when I see the 07s next to the '15 in good lighting, the '15 blows them away without question
This should be the official pic of the 2015 Aqua 8s
nthat.gif
nthat.gif
nthat.gif
nthat.gif

​
 ​
mean.gif
 ​
Man I'm convinced some people say stuff, just to try and start some ****.
 ​
I HIGHLY doubt that the 2015's midsole will ever crack (if it does) as bad as the 2007's...
 ​
I guarantee who ever said that, has NEVER seen the OG's...
 ​
H***, they probably think the 07's are the OG's
 ​
laugh.gif
 ​
 ​
And the glitter that EVERYONE'S complaining about, is not even all that LOUD IMHO...

Last edited:
Do you guys think these will hit disco? They were still sitting at my local spots this afternoon

I honestly think that as december comes around and winds down these will sell out. The ppl that will miss out on the hyped releases in december will end up buying these cuz of all the positive reviews that everyone has given them. Sort of like a consolation. Also these post xmas money will dripped on these. Ppl have itchy hands and cant hold on to money when they see a pair of Js around

Man... I thinked I got the only weird pair in the world. LOL. for some reason, they had weird silver paint like... globbed on the side of them. It wiped right off the midsole, but I cant get it off the sides. So dumb.

It's crazy, the first 2 pairs of 8's I could get (which was in 2008) didn't even have retro cards! You all may not care but that was so important to me. My orange blaze and I've blue pairs came with nothing.

Now that I finally have these in person ......My 2007s look so bland in comparison. The 2015 pair kills them, I'm shocked.
let's not forget that the 2007s were still a great looking shoe. I'm happy with the 2015 pair immensely, and I don't think that people should have passed on these because they were different from the OG pair, but I still believe the 2007 pair was beautiful

Last edited:
I got the Aquas on Sunday, no waiting in lines or anything. Just walked into the Footlocker, tried them on and copped them.

Did a quick gamestop run in them and I love the form and fit. May be the first shoe I will triple with and call it a year......until I remembered the maroons. Then I'm out.

Hey guys old user, new screenname. And long time Nike talk reader.

I love my pair without question!

I ordered a pair from bounce wear and then went to the mall to actually check them out and I was amazed at how so many was sitting later on that night.

I'm a former employee from footlocker, I know how everything goes in every operations procedure.

I can say this might be the best release jordan brand did in a long time for a Black Friday.

I also remember back in 2010 when the flints came out we got a s*it load of them.

I enjoy reading you guys everyday.

Much luv to Nike talk and the sneaker community.

Hey guys old user, new screenname. And long time Nike talk reader.

I love my pair without question!

I ordered a pair from bounce wear and then went to the mall to actually check them out and I was amazed at how so many was sitting later on that night.

I'm a former employee from footlocker, I know how everything goes in every operations procedure.

I can say this might be the best release jordan brand did in a long time for a Black Friday.

I also remember back in 2010 when the flints came out we got a s*it load of them.

I enjoy reading you guys everyday.

Much luv to Nike talk and the sneaker community.
Welcome Back [emoji]128076[/emoji][emoji]127997[/emoji][emoji]128076[/emoji][emoji]127997[/emoji][emoji]128076[/emoji][emoji]127997[/emoji]

I like these but was crying laughing when I checked them out in store today & they legit had glitter on the midsole lmao Legit picked the shoe up & the thing goes sparkling in the light at champs.

let's not forget that the 2007s were still a great looking shoe. I'm happy with the 2015 pair immensely, and I don't think that people should have passed on these because they were different from the OG pair, but I still believe the 2007 pair was beautiful

Oh yeah no doubt 2007s are still beautiful.

Their just the bastard son now to me haha

Back
Top Bottom