Aqua 8s Black Friday 2015

Why when they released (just like most of the retros or hot sneakers) does NDC, FA, and FL freeze up then say they are in peoples carts or sold out when obviously there not and you can check them out hours later or days even?
Because there is only so traffic a server or servers can send out before canceling out to come back online refreshed

Flimsy straps? I'm sure most people complaining about this wear there 8's unstrapped.

Last edited:
I'm not referring to what is more premium.

Durabuck is durable so that's why I'm always going to prefer that over nubuck or suede.

Classic OG models... Black cement 4, Metallic 5, Infrared 6, Bordeaux 7, Playoff n Aqua 8s ALL durabuck

This couldn't be further from the truth. If you look at those OG models, Durabuck breaks down horribly. It's super tough to restore OGs with Durabuck because of those materials. You can search some YouTube videos and see even the best restorers attempt to sole swap. The material sucks and Nike should've used raw materials then.

kobe.gif

You're referring to 20+ year old shoes... If you drop something on durabuck you could always wipe it off with out damaging it.

So Nike should've made the 4, 5, 6, 7 n 8 OGs all with that crowd pleasing Ashy Larry material... :lol:

Seems like aside from the shape n Nike Air branding you prefer the 2010 Black Infrared 6s, 2011 Metallic 5s n 2012 Black Cememt 4s...

Last edited:
I'm returning mine when I get them from NDC. I have the '07's, but I just went to the mall and checked them out in person. The grey suede material on the back of the shoe was already messed up on all the models in each store that was an immediate sign on the durability of these and the shoe buckles are much more flimsy than my '07's. There is a reason these are sitting. Disappointed because I really like this colorway, but not worth $190 with those issues. When I buy shoes I want to wear them to last.

You were bashing this retro from the jump once you saw the grey material :\ now you came back to complain some more :lol:

I've owned two pairs of the 2007s n still would put these ahead of those. You want to talk about durability but the 2007s crack horribly

"There's is a reason these are sitting" :lol: the 8 model were never popular to begin with... 2007s sat as well. The Bugs Bunny, Suns n Playoff all sat in 2013. Btw the Chromes are going to sit as well :rolleyes :lol:

Last edited:
Why when they released (just like most of the retros or hot sneakers) does NDC, FA, and FL freeze up then say they are in peoples carts or sold out when obviously there not and you can check them out hours later or days even?
I'm guessing it's due to EXTREMELY high website traffic. Millions of people who really want them all tryin' at once, with the FEAR of them selling out quickly.
eastbay shipped mine out 1 hour after i placed my order they was like nope not gonna let you cancel your order
laugh.gif
Same here @NobleKane
laugh.gif
, they were like "Nah you gon TAKE these JAYS!!!"

I'm guessing it's due to EXTREMELY high website traffic. Millions of people who really want them all tryin' at once, with the FEAR of them selling out quickly.
Same here @NobleKane
laugh.gif
, they were like "Nah you gon TAKE these JAYS!!!"
laugh.gif
  Got the UPS My Choice "You have a package coming" with the quickness!!

Last edited:
kobe.gif

You're referring to 20+ year old shoes... If you drop something on durabuck you could always wipe it off with out damaging it.

So Nike should've made the 4, 5, 6, 7 n 8 OGs all with that crowd pleasing Ashy Larry material... :lol:

Seems like aside from the shape n Nike Air branding you prefer the 2010 Black Infrared 6s, 2011 Metallic 5s n 2012 Black Cememt 4s...

Yes I am referring to OGs because the 4s, 5s and 6s had that material. I'm not talking about the retros. Whatever they are throwing on retros nowadays is not Durabuck. It's either nubuck, suede or synthetic leather. At times we've seen real leathers on retros but they throw on a pu coating.

Last edited:
My girl placed an order on Finish line for me, but then called to cancel the order. The CS rep said they would cancel the order and it was cancelled, this was round 2pm. Now it's 8:40 and my girl got an email saying they were already shipped out, there's still a pending charge on her account.

I wonder if they remove the charge Monday and she still gets the shoes

You were bashing this retro from the jump once you saw the grey material :\ now you came back to complain some more :lol:

I've owned two pairs of the 2007s n still would put these ahead of those. You want to talk about durability but the 2007s crack horribly

"There's is a reason these are sitting" :lol: the 8 model were never popular to begin with... 2007s sat as well. The Bugs Bunny, Suns n Playoff all sat in 2013. Btw the Chromes are going to sit as well :rolleyes :lol:

These 2015 Aqua's won't last longer than the 2007's I can bet you that. From the flimsy buckle to the back of the shoe grey suede midsole will be worn out after a few wears. If you guys don't believe me go to your local mall and see for yourself. I wish I took pics to better illustrate. My 2007's haven't cracked.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by CGunesq  

laugh.gif
  Got the UPS My Choice "You have a package coming" with the quickness!!
laugh.gif

I know right @CGunesq, I think that is the QUICKEST I've ever got an UPS Shipping Notification...

I should be receiving mine on Tuesday.

I'm returning mine when I get them from NDC. I have the '07's, but I just went to the mall and checked them out in person. The grey suede material on the back of the shoe was already messed up on all the models in each store that was an immediate sign on the durability of these and the shoe buckles are much more flimsy than my '07's. There is a reason these are sitting. Disappointed because I really like this colorway, but not worth $190 with those issues. When I buy shoes I want to wear them to last.

everything will eventually break down Nothing lasts forever so squeeze a couple more yrs out your 8 yrold shoes while I wear my brand new pair.

Last edited:
This couldn't be further from the truth. If you look at those OG models, Durabuck breaks down horribly. It's super tough to restore OGs with Durabuck because of those materials. You can search some YouTube videos and see even the best restorers attempt to sole swap. The material sucks and Nike should've used raw materials then.
learned that when I foolishly bought the Infrareds from 2000 in 2010. Nubuck suede is way better for the long haul

My girl placed an order on Finish line for me, but then called to cancel the order. The CS rep said they would cancel the order and it was cancelled, this was round 2pm. Now it's 8:40 and my girl got an email saying they were already shipped out, there's still a pending charge on her account.

I wonder if they remove the charge Monday and she still gets the shoes
Nope EB don't play around like that. Trying to pull a fast break huh :smh: :smh: :rolleyes

Last edited:
Nope EB don't play around like that. Trying to pull a fast break huh :smh: :smh: :rolleyes

Nah not even. I ended up getting a pair off swoosh, and then when I told her she was like "wth, i tried to surprise you and ordered them for you" and she showed me the email confirmation from Finishline that she ordered em earlier in the AM.

Back
Top Bottom