Are Elite Socks a "fad"?

Ever since I been wearing mine... i'm able to dunk! Thanks to Elite, you're the best!

tumblr_m90l34BhoH1rugunyo1_r1_400.gif
:rofl:

idk bout fashion and all that nonsense but for ball they feel great especially when youre cutting around...no blisters :smokin

ya'll kill me with this talk.

you need to have at least played varsity basketball to qualify to wear these socks? :lol:

do you guys only hate when these type of things make it out to the hood? cats BEEN wearing these 
:rofl: Funny logic.

Same way you MUST only stick your penis in top notch women to have an unfavorable opinion about any other woman.

ya'll kill me with this talk.

you need to have at least played varsity basketball to qualify to wear these socks? :lol:

do you guys only hate when these type of things make it out to the hood? cats BEEN wearing these 

No, you dont' NEED to play or have played ball in them to make an opinion. The thread title speaks for itself and lots of folks are considering the aesthetics of the sock, which is fine. However, you can't completely slander the sock as useless if you're not using it for the intended purpose, in my opinion.

This would be like me, never having played a round of golf in my life, slandering Nike TW golf gloves for not having enough "swag" at its given price point.

Rule #1 about Niketalk

90% do NOT actually play ball (high school Junior Varsity stats do not count)

View media item 267933
this

honestly, everything is about comfort, if youre good, youre going to drop 30 in elite socks or old hanes with holes in them, it really dont stop nothin

but its always a plus when your feet still feel great after youve been owning

they're comfortable, I buy them more for everyday wear since I barely ball. I think they look wild corny with shorts though. If i'm going to hoop and I have a clean pair ill wear them, it's not that serious though. Mostly hs kids I see with them in every color, and going extra with it. Some of these kids wear shooting sleeves though, so that pretty much sums it up

i wear them with dress shoes about 90% of the time and ive never worn em with shorts. perfect padding

$15 for a pair of socks? :rofl:

Sucker born every minute.

EXACTLY what we use to say when I was working at Finish Line. I wasnt going to buy a pair of elite socks with my employee discount.

I got some nike socks on right now, bought a 4-pack for 12.99, feels the exact same.

A lot of these dudes are just fruity bruh.. The amount of Power Ranger/Rugrats socks I've seen with the Toro 4s and Spizikes is ridiculous. Too damn old b.

Last edited:
I just saw Sequelizers are on clearance in-store for $7.50 . . . but looks like $9.99 online (eastbay).

Last edited:
EXACTLY what we use to say when I was working at Finish Line. I wasnt going to buy a pair of elite socks with my employee discount.

I got some nike socks on right now, bought a 4-pack for 12.99, feels the exact same.

A lot of these dudes are just fruity bruh.. The amount of Power Ranger/Rugrats socks I've seen with the Toro 4s and Spizikes is ridiculous. Too damn old b.
I got some nike socks on right now, bought a 4-pack for 12.99, feels the exact same

Lets be serious, they do not feel the same. Whether you believe they are "worth" it is up to you, but to say they feel the exact same? Stop it bruh.

I actually think elite socks look bad. I don't like the dots on the back. Id rather them be plain. I own a pair of regular and a pair of double layer....and honestly my eastbay socks are just as good with me for running/working out/playing pick up

View media item 581602 no dots on back....all black....2 pair for $10....good enough :smokin

Last edited:
I know a bunch of kids, like ages 12-15 really like them. They wore them all summer with lebron slides and stuff. I don't see it as a fad, any more do I see ppl who wear bball shorts with slides, all the time. I think it's just natually more appealing due to look x comfort.

The cushioned dri-fit socks are good enough for me. Maybe if I played basketball i'd buy a bunch of pairs but i don't even like long socks.

It's definitely very trendy to wear these socks and get the limited colors. Almost all the people in my brother's basketball league wear them, the young kids too.

I love em. The padding and comfort is definitely noticeable.

The Nike Clearance store here in San Leandro CA had a bunch of colors, $9.99 then 30% off. Them joints was like 7 bucks a pair, pretty good deal

I hope it's a fad.  Just looks silly and OD in my opinion.  They new ones have an even crazier design and pricetag.  

I only wear them for tennis and hoop.

I was able to find the champion brand ones at target that come in a 2 pack. They feel exactly the same so I picked up some of those to match my tennis outfits. lol.

Back
Top Bottom