Are you ever too old to wear sneakers cqasually?

Like someone else mentioned, you get to a certain age and stop worrying about what others think of how you dress.

Personally, I'm 32. Wife, kids, mortgage, real job; basically, I'm an adult. At my job, I supervise a small team (3 people, including one guy I hired from NT) and I wear sneakers, jeans, and a polo. Most of time it's roshe runs or grey new balance 99x, but I occasionally wear Jordan's, air maxes, etc because I like them.

I would venture to say dudes that "grow out" of wearing sneakers weren't really into sneakers, and it was just a phase.

When I'm 60, I'll still be wearing sneakers.

I've been diggin the dress shoes with jeans look...might have to try something similar sometime...
I'M WEAK  
laugh.gif

I only really wear runners now.

Got a couple of Nike basketball kicks for the gym and under a handful of Jordan's that get absolutely no burn now

Sneakers definitely aren't a priority in my wardrobe. J's get burn in the summer

Similar here, mostly runners. Wear them year round though, I have a few J's I wear here and there but bulky for the clothes I wear. Flyknits in the cold suck though. :lol:

Similar here, mostly runners. Wear them year round though, I have a few J's I wear here and there but bulky for the clothes I wear. Flyknits in the cold suck though. :lol:
This is me. Loves Js but too bulky for my pants most of the time and some colors clash with my top which are mostly button ups and sweaters. So now I'm mostly wearing boots, dunks, and air maxes and Js when wear hoodies and tees.

Last edited:
still rocking sneakers. i work in education leadership. sneakers a must and have been for years. apart from stuff like pocket t-shirts and plain zip hoodies, i seldom buy my clothes off the rack. i live overseas where, luckily, tailoring is reasonable and par-for-the-course.

in my travels to places like milan, paris, and tokyo; you see older money still rocking sneakers, jordans included. you will be amazed what you can pull off and make work when the overall look becomes more curated and refined. think things like: selvage denim, a high-quality pocket tee, and a fresh timepiece and kicks.

Aren't sneakers meant to be worn casually?

I'm lucky enough to work work job were I can dress however the hell I want including Pajamas depending on the week/day.

I range from suit to business to business casual to scrubs to a shirt and sweatpants.

Back
Top Bottom