Are you ever too old to wear sneakers cqasually?

While i still rocks my jordans and sb dunks for casual occasions

im starting to lean towards luxury brands for certain events where i dress down but am around clients and staff.

Never too old and you do you but I’m not gonna lie, sometimes I’ll see a dude who looks like he’s in his 50’s and looks like he just robbed Fabolous closet and it’s a hard pass for me. I’m talking like Bred 11’s, past the knee Fubu cargo shorts, MJ jersey, bulls fitted, and the Jesus piece.

If grown men can wear thong flip flops year round with any outfit regardless of their location you can wear whatever you want at any age.

This question reminds me of that Jidenna classic man time period. Wearing a suit for no reason dudes type dudes are annoying

Last edited:
Yeah I wear Sperry top-siders often.

Catch me in the grocery store wearing a Whatever Forever hoodie with a bunch of weed/hash/acid references on it, some basketball shorts, and some boat shoes. :lol:

Retail California: Ralphs, the Big Lebowski, and Shaping the American  Shopping Experience – Tropics of Meta

I wear driving loafers pretty regularly to run errands 🤷‍♂️

I mean driving loafers are really for…driving, but do you lol. I’m just giving you a hard time but I tell my friends who wear those that all the time. Folks love tods (I blame Rick Ross).

I wear loafers (with a .5 in heel not drivers) casually all the time. But I also wear sneakers (nikes/adidas and high end sneakers) all the time. Like another poster said, it really matters what you wear with the sneakers.

Never too old and you do you but I’m not gonna lie, sometimes I’ll see a dude who looks like he’s in his 50’s and looks like he just robbed Fabolous closet and it’s a hard pass for me. I’m talking like Bred 11’s, past the knee Fubu cargo shorts, MJ jersey, bulls fitted, and the Jesus piece.
That’s a lot of gear.

Funny how a few of the anti sneaker as an adult users accounts are banned or haven't been on this site in years.

Aren't sneakers meant to be worn casually?

I'm lucky enough to work work job were I can dress however the hell I want including Pajamas depending on the week/day.

I range from suit to business to business casual to scrubs to a shirt and sweatpants.

word. and, exactly, sneakers are meant to be worn casually and by anyone. throwing all these generalizations, age specifications, etcetera in to the mix make things way more complicated than necessary.

i am in education, precisely at a french school. they are very laissez-faire about dress code. you will see suits, designer labels, band t-shirts (e.g., de la soul), crocs, you name it! attire is the least that they think about. however, it's cool to vibe with fellow colleagues (and, even students) who appreciate the sneaker culture.

keep doing your thing, ladies and gents.

I'm 33 still rock Jordans and nikes and Joggers when I'm on my casual ****. It's a time and place for certain ****. I got dress shoes too. I guess if you look old and flabby jordans and nikes would bad on you. I don't look my age. If you keep yourself in good shape you can almost wear any style and make it work.

I'm 33 still rock Jordans and nikes and Joggers when I'm on my casual ****. It's a time and place for certain ****. I got dress shoes too. I guess if you look old and flabby jordans and nikes would bad on you. I don't look my age. If you keep yourself in good shape you can almost wear any style and make it work.

i am a tad older. i agree that keeping it fit and together helps your cause, for sure.

you will see all kinds of old heads (men and women) in paris rocking the low, mid, and high aj1s like it is nothing. folks like their sneakers there.

can't go wrong good quality pair of dress shoes. i still have a pair of kenneth cole brown handmade wingtips from 20 years ago, back when kc's quality was much better and their shoes were made in Italy. easily a favorite in my whole shoe collection.

I turned 36 a few weeks back and have a few grays in my beard, but my personal sense of style is the most eccentric yet comfortable it’s ever been. I’ve never looked at myself so much in the mirror and said ‘this just feels right’ the way I do now. Whether that’s acceptance or wisdom, I couldn’t tell you, and the same applies for sneakers in that I know which have a defined space in my wardrobe. Shattered 1’s low? Absolutely. Lightning 4’s? Maybe. NB 550 whatever’s, nah. Undefeated olive Air Force 1’s? Yes please.

just wore purple Vans to a wedding last week, got compliments from the bride herself.

just do you, you're too old to do anything else.

Back
Top Bottom