Arian Foster Let It Be Known That He Is A Non-Believer

Deflecting ?

There are hundred, possibly thousands of Bible scholars but you take the agnostic attention seeking guy findings as the definitive resource?

Scripture like Hebrews 8:13 is attributed by many to say the New Testament supersedes the Old Testament.

Theres also a school of thought that parts of Bible was corrupted by man and Satan indirectly

But honestly do really want to discuss the Bible to gain understanding of religion or just to mock it?
So which parts if the bible have been perverted?

Do you see Christians still making animal sacrifices to God? No because they don't want to. Believers don't mindlessly follow all the religious texts because they have to.

Why wouldn't they do that if it's something that's commanded by God?

Maybe it's because they think it's wrong to ritualistically sacrifice an animal?

If so, wouldn't that mean that they have a sense of morality that's been formed separately from the tenets of the religion?

"Believers don't mindlessly follow all of the religious text because they don't have to"

But, the Bible was "inspired" by God. If that's the case, you all who read the bible must follow it word for word? Correct? If not you all are going against God's word. Am I right?

Just curious, for all the Biblers

"Believers don't mindlessly follow all of the religious text because they don't have to"

But, the Bible was "inspired" by God. If that's the case, you all who read the bible must follow it word for word? Correct? If not you all are going against God's word. Am I right?

The old testament and the new testament are separate parts of the same word. Because we live in the era after Christ, we go by the teachings of the new testament.

Yes, you want to follow it as closely as possible.
No one will keep it perfectly ( cept for Yeshua/Jesus).
But we are to do our best with a good spirit
(be happy to obey His commands as a sign on love.
We don't have to, hence freewill). Where we genuinely fall short, there is grace.

Last edited:

Yes, you want to follow it as closely as possible.
No one will keep it perfectly ( cept for Yeshua/Jesus).
But we are to do our best with a good spirit
(be happy to obey His commands as a sign on love.
We don't have to, hence freewill). Where we genuinely fall short, there is grace.
jesus followed the old testimate perfectly? 

i thought he was a good person though 

If the bible was inspired by God, then why did God inspire them that the earth was a circle, has 4 corners and sits still doesn't move?

Religion is all around the world not even including the religions that try to convert like Christianity and Islam

Dont act like the only way religion spreads is thru force

Show me where I even remotely insinuated that.

By me acknowledging that religion was and to some effect still is spread by force?

:lol:

You love to mince my words.

Fact is religion was globalized largely in part of conquest. That's not to say that was the only way religion was spread. I shouldn't have to spoon-feed you that tidbit for you to realize that I know that. You can try to misrepresent my argument in an attempt to prop yours, but it won't do you much good.

Tales of atheist empires.....Communism...communism tried to spread it but it did not last because people see the positives in religion...Love, hope and other relative truths.

Funny, I guess Cubans didn't get that memo (that they're Atheists) since they're mostly Catholic, nor did North Koreans since they're mostly Buddhist, or VIetnam, Laos and China...Since every remaining communist nation has religion.

You know what WOULD help your argument, if you actually had even one iota of a clue as to what you're talking about.

Joseph Stalin is not the face of communism, as much as you want him to be. He doesn't represent communism as a whole. What he did doesn't speak for other communist regimes.

Communism =/= atheism. Period. No matter how bad you want to lump the two together.

Evil ****** disguise themselves behind religion and got the rest of yall like this..

Last edited:
Whats your take on the Hadiths and Sharia law?

There are numerous Authentic hadiths that are backed by many scholars throughout history and are valid.
There are numerous hadiths that aren't authenticated so sometimes there can be confusion especially for those who aren't knowledgeable.

A Muslim will follow sharia law if its stated in the Quran, and authentic Hadith.
Anywhere from allocations of money if divorce happens, how to clean oneself, how to treat your parents, neighbors, silbings, people in general. How a man should treat his wife/ wife to her husband so on and so forth.

There are a few laws that are taken out of context. A man should never hit his wife. violence is not tolerable unless it is in defense. Arabic has many root words and some are taken out of context.

Y'all really gonna push this thread to 100 pages? 
roll.gif

Don't know how you guys still have the will to continue going at it with someone as uncomprimising as Friendly 
laugh.gif

People should be able to believe whatever they want to believe. The slander is unnecessary. I have my faith, you have yours.

People should be able to believe whatever they want to believe. The slander is unnecessary. I have my faith, you have yours.
Most in this thread believe the same though.

The slander is mostly aimed at the religious texts themselves and their various interpretations or reinterpretations over the years,not really at specific people. At least from my pov

Last edited:
Most in this thread believe the same though.

The slander is mostly aimed at the religious texts themselves and their various interpretations or reinterpretations over the years,not really at specific people. At least from my pov

I see, thanks for the clarification.

Back
Top Bottom