Arrogant Elitist Politicians FTL: "Could you say 'senator' instead of 'ma'am?'"

"Could you say 'senator' instead of 'ma'am?' It's just a thing. I worked so hard to get that title. I'd appreciate it."

--Sen. Barbara Boxer (Democrat-CA) to Brigadier General Michael Walsh during Senate hearing Tuesday, when he the general repeatedly said, "Yes, ma'am," and "No, ma'am," when answering Boxer's questions at hearing she chaired on New Orleans' levee system.

Brigadier General Michael Walsh oversees the Mississippi Valley Division of the Army Corps of Engineers.

indifferent.gif

Shut up Boxer you idiot. Lucky he was even saying Ma'am.... who are you?
You serve the people, calm down.
You aren't some Queen in 1500 & we don't need to kiss your feet.

And politicians wonder why the public hates them and only 50% of the country votes in our elections..... which is quite sad.
It's partially because of people like Boxer.

We need better term limits.
The senate needs its members changed up WAY more often.... get rid of all these old, tired out Washington cronies & get some real people from America inthere, some new blood.
And that goes for Republicans, Democrats, and Independents. All of them.

Gotta love the YouTube comments
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

TBONE95860 wrote:
"Could you say 'senator' instead of 'ma'am?' It's just a thing. I worked so hard to get that title. I'd appreciate it."

--Sen. Barbara Boxer (Democrat-CA) to Brigadier General Michael Walsh during Senate hearing Tuesday, when he the general repeatedly said, "Yes, ma'am," and "No, ma'am," when answering Boxer's questions at hearing she chaired on New Orleans' levee system.

Brigadier General Michael Walsh oversees the Mississippi Valley Division of the Army Corps of Engineers.

indifferent.gif

Shut up Boxer you idiot. Lucky he was even saying Ma'am.... who are you?
You serve the people, calm down.
You aren't some Queen in 1500 & we don't need to kiss your feet.

And politicians wonder why the public hates them and only 50% of the country votes in our elections..... which is quite sad.
It's partially because of people like Boxer.

We need better term limits.
The senate needs its members changed up WAY more often.... get rid of all these old, tired out Washington cronies & get some real people from America in there, some new blood.
And that goes for Republicans, Democrats, and Independents. All of them.

Gotta love the YouTube comments
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

dumb perra. she should be out along with natzi pelosi and much more morons like them.

?!? all that hate based on the fact that she wanted someone to address her by her proper title? granted im at work and they blocked out youtube clips so maybeur rant is justified.

from what i've watched of C-Span etc senators are always referred with their proper title in official capacities, as are generals etc.

anyone have a link so that i can watch this on a blackberry?

What's next, the police are gonna want us to call them officer? Teachers in college are going to make us call them professor? Medical professionals andpsychotherapists say they wanna be called doctor?

Madness I tells ya

^usually people don't even say ma'am or sir, when they are at one of those hearings.
the General probably said ma'am as a matter of habit.

Some women are weird about the ma'am thing. Not that she had any right to call him out like that or anything, but the Target cashier called me ma'amlike 20 times and I was bout to slap him upside the head. I'm 26, not 66
laugh.gif

How is this any different than a doctor wanting to be referred to by their title? Or a general or captain wanting to be reffered to as such? They put in thetime and effort to reach their position so I don't see what's so crazy about wanting to be addressed in that manner. I've heard doctors ask peopleto refer to them as Doctor so and so as opposed to Mr. or sir. I've heard professors do the same. Was it awkward? Yeah but she didn't seem like she wastrying to be disrespectful or anything.

My opinion on this isn't because she's a Democrat or because I'm from California
laugh.gif

This reminds me when this Doctor told me to refer to as Doctor then his name over the phone when he was asking me a question about something.

how are you a lakers, yankees and giants fan??

I can understand yankees and giants if you from ny but lakers too??

Originally Posted by Nawth21

Some women are weird about the ma'am thing. Not that she had any right to call him out like that or anything, but the Target cashier called me ma'am like 20 times and I was bout to slap him upside the head. I'm 26, not 66
laugh.gif
But its nothing to do with age,more so respect
ohwell.gif

I say ma'am..I wonder if I offend people.

Originally Posted by Boys Noize

How is this any different than a doctor wanting to be referred to by their title? Or a general or captain wanting to be reffered to as such? They put in the time and effort to reach their position so I don't see what's so crazy about wanting to be addressed in that manner. I've heard doctors ask people to refer to them as Doctor so and so as opposed to Mr. or sir. I've heard professors do the same. Was it awkward? Yeah but she didn't seem like she was trying to be disrespectful or anything.
it would be different if dude said Ms. Boxer...and then she corrected him.....but he said "Ma'am" of all things.
I dunno about you...but that's usually taken as a sign of respect in my book.

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

wow....I didn't know Senator was a title.
Senator McCain?
Senator Obama?
Senator Biden?
Senator Palin?

Was this not the way you often heard these people be reffered to?
indifferent.gif

Spoiler [+]
dont ban me

She didn't EARN the title "Senator", she was elected. The General however earned his title.

Back
Top Bottom