Arrow TV

Season 1

Season 2

Maybe I'm stretching 
laugh.gif

Devon Aoki will play Katana in season 3. Makes perfect sense IMO

"Arrow" will add more DC Comics characters to the show in its upcoming third season: Deadline reported Tuesday afternoon that Devon Aoki will play Katana, one of Oliver's mentors in the Hong Kong-set flashbacks.

Katana was created by writer Mike W. Barr and artist Jim Aparo, and first introduced in 1983's "The Brave and the Bold" #200. Frequently depicted as part of the Outsiders team, Katana was the titular star of a 10-issue solo series that ran last year, and part of the main "Justice League of America" cast.

Also known as Tatsu Yamashiro, in DC's comics Katana is known for wielding the Soultaker sword -- which, just like it sounds, takes the souls of its victims. The character has also appeared in "Batman: The Brave and the Bold," and was a main character in recent animated series "Beware the Batman."

Aoki's time on screen has been limited in recent years, with her last credited role in 2009's "Rosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Undead." She played Miho in 2005's original "Sin City" film, based on Frank Miller's series of Dark Horse Comics graphic novels, though the role will be played by Jamie Chung in sequel "Sin City: A Dame to Kill For," scheduled for release in August.

View media item 1057545

:nerd:

What's Stephen Amell up to at San Diego Comic-Con? The Arrow star will be part of the panel for his series, of course, but today he teased much more is in store.

During a longer Facebook post, Amell wrote the following:

You know I'm going to be at San Diego Comic-Con International this year, but you have no idea what I'm going to be doing. The Arrow panel on Friday evening is the literal tip of the iceberg. Feel free to speculate. There are (at least) 3 more things on my schedule. Big things. Needless to say, I plan on winning Comic-Con this year. Captain Style.

The comments on that Facebook status immediately began to fill with speculation on what Amell's other SDCC commitments could be - and quickly turned to a lot of pondering about whether we might get a reveal that he is part of Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice and the Justice League movie, something many fans hope will occur. Of course, there's no guarantee that is the case, and is being fueled by a prevalent fan desire that Amell's Arrow will be tied into the DC Comics movies, but it's certainly difficult not to wonder what Amell means by "big things."

In addition, Amell wrote:

Heading to a new city this September to meet some friends. Announcement is coming Tuesday.

Crossovers between Arrow and The Flash are almost a certainty -- the trailer for The Flash has already revealed Amell has a guest appearance in the pilot episode -- so that could be the Tuesday announcement. But we will have to wait and see.

:nerd:

'Brandon Routh', Former Man Of Steel, Cast as 'The Atom' in CW'S 'Arrow' [/SIZE=5]
routh-the-atom-arow.jpg

Brandon Routh, who played Superman on the big screen in Bryan Singer’s 2006 tentpole Superman Returns, has joined the cast of the CW’s superhero drama Arrow as this season’s main recurring guest star.

He will play Ray Palmer, a scientist and inventor who will play an unexpected role in the lives of Oliver Queen and Felicity Smoak as the new owner of Queen Consolidated.In the DC Comics mythology, Palmer is known as The Atom, making Routh a two-time DC superhero. We hear the deal will span 14 episodes, and that he will be a love interest for Felicity.

Routh just completed an arc on TBS’ The Exes and recently wrapped the indie 400 Days opposite Dane Cook, Tom Cavanagh and Ben Feldman. Arrow‘s season premiere is October 8.

http://m.deadline.com/2014/07/brandon-routh-arrow-casting-ray-palmer-the-atom-cw/

Last edited:
I wonder how they'll use special effects to show his powers and if it'll look good onscreen.

Official description of Season 3/the first episode of season 3

Obviously Spoilers in the Spoiler link...

"In the aftermath of this victory, Season 3 opens with Arrow now a hero to the citizens of Starling. Crime is down, people feel safer, and Captain Lance even calls off the Anti-Vigilante Task Force. Basking in his success, Oliver believes he can finally have a private life and asks Felicity out on a date. But the second Oliver takes his eye off the ball, a deadly villain reappears in Starling, forcing Oliver to realize that he can never be Oliver Queen -- not as long as the city needs The Arrow.

I hope they take Roy all the way through to the Arsenal story arc. So much they can do with this show.

:pimp:

So happy this show has been killing it. Seems like they're trying to take the TV DC world to the next level with season 3 & Flash :pimp:

DC Comics [emoji]10004[/emoji] @DCComics
Follow

One of the Season Three episodes will focus in Felicity's backstory. Episode Title? "Oracle." #arrow #wbsdcc #dcsdcc
6:32 PM - 25 Jul 2014

Looks like oli is playing with her emotions again. She deserves someone who will love her for real.

:pimp:

love this show man

btw no romo but i just realized who roy is in real life. mad chicks on my ig post him as MCM lmao

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom