as a kid, who had the best bedroom on TV?

Arnold has the best room on swagger alone.

After that I'd give it to the kid from smart house because he had the LCD walls that could turn your room into any place on earth and space. Too legit. Waking up to the sunrise on the beach = instant morning sex.

I'd give it to Corey Mathews third because he had he tree house right outside the window. Definitely the coolest thing to have as a child.

Richie Rich and Dexter don't count imo cause they're just on another level. Richie is rich, and Dexter can pretty much just make anything he wanted in his lab. So they automatically got the cheat codes to life.

This got me thinking, who's neighborhood did you want to live in when you watched TV growing up?

Off top, I'd definitely would have wanted to live in the Rocket Power neighborhood, Arnolds block, and Dougs neighborhood. They just seemed to have the coolest kids on their blocks.

arnold's or the sandlots

The truth. As a 8 to 13 year old I (and most kids my age) were outside if you were a boy. Not sure what the girls were doing, but I assume they were outside somewhere playing as well. Basically, this is what went down...get home from school, eat some food, watch a bit of tv and about 5 pm someone or another comes by rings your doorbell and asks if you can come outside to play. Can you come play? was that day's version of How's it going?

Literally took me down memory lane. If you weren't doing this as a kid, you lost.

The truth. As a 8 to 13 year old I (and most kids my age) were outside if you were a boy. Not sure what the girls were doing, but I assume they were outside somewhere playing as well. Basically, this is what went down...get home from school, eat some food, watch a bit of tv and about 5 pm someone or another comes by rings your doorbell and asks if you can come outside to play. Can you come play? was that day's version of How's it going?

Literally took me down memory lane. If you weren't doing this as a kid, you lost.
truu

truu

Dawg. The feels though... :pimp:

things like this is why I feel bad for a lot of today's youth. they're buried behind iPads, iPhones, wii's and Playstations... no knock on the technology as i understand it's the time that we're in... but kids nowadays don't know what it's like to get scraped up or come home all dirty after an afternoon out with the friends.

we didn't have that stuff back then. all we had was our friends. the only way you made friends? by going outside and riding bikes or skateboarding... playing tag at the park... or ANYTHING as long as you were outside.

I had to raise my daughters in apartments for about 9 years. Nothing brings me more joy than for them to be able to just run outside and play in front of the house... or hear the sound of the garage opening and them hopping on their bikes or Razor scooters and just enjoying themselves OUTSIDE of the house.

are kids nowadays going to be more technology savvy than we were at their age? sure. but that doesn't mean they can't go outside and run around. i'll even catch myself and reminding my daughters to "go outside, get in trouble, get some scrapes and scratches on yourself" :lol:

Seriously the only pic online of RR's bedroom? Still :pimp: though... DAD LINK!

View media item 910184

Arnold was also poor, I like how they didn't make that an issue on the show. My dude Oskar Kokoschka tho...
He grew up in Hell's Kitchen. It was a lower income area but not a hood. He was being raised by his retired grandparents so of course he was poor but not toooo poor

After that I'd give it to the kid from smart house because he had the LCD walls that could turn your room into any place on earth and space. Too legit. Waking up to the sunrise on the beach = instant morning sex.

I'd give it to Corey Mathews third because he had he tree house right outside the window. Definitely the coolest thing to have as a child.

Richie Rich and Dexter don't count imo cause they're just on another level. Richie is rich, and Dexter can pretty much just make anything he wanted in his lab. So they automatically got the cheat codes to life.
Off top, I'd definitely would have wanted to live in the Rocket Power neighborhood, Arnolds block, and Dougs neighborhood. They just seemed to have the coolest kids on their blocks.

Problem with Cory's room is that he shared the room with his brother. Imagine having to share a room with Eric Matthews of all people? Dude would hog the bathroom combing his hair, singing his Good-looking detective theme song in his sleep, or you wake up to him fapping to Polaroid pics of his girlfriends.

p.s. Then you look out your bedroom window and you got Feeny planting some damn Hydrangeas while keeping all the balls you used to have that went over his fence.

NO THANKS.

Problem with Cory's room is that he shared the room with his brother. Imagine having to share a room with Eric Matthews of all people? Dude would hog the bathroom combing his hair, singing his Good-looking detective theme song in his sleep, or you wake up to him fapping to Polaroid pics of his girlfriends.

p.s. Then you look out your bedroom window and you got Feeny planting some damn Hydrangeas while keeping all the balls you used to have that went over his fence.

NO THANKS.

Never thought it about it like that :lol:

Back
Top Bottom