Asics Love?!? Where is it?

Looking for Da Vinci's in 10 if anyone wants to swap for a DS Dirty Buck in 10. PM me if interested. Was able to double up on bucks but stuck out on Da Vinci's.

The Dirty Bucks came with 3 laces: brown flats (came laced), tan/off white flats, and tan/off white rope laces.
That's what I thought.  Went to wear them  and I noticed I was missing the rope laces.  Contacted the guy I bought them from on ebay and he said he never even opened the box.  Wonder if the Packer store has extras?

Any one else feeling these? I think these looks pretty nice, good summer shoe.
Reminds me of one of those returned pairs of 8 Balls from CNCPTS ... 
happy.gif

I was thinking aof trying to do the same. Only problem is white sockliner on the mossad. Never done a custom but information in here suggesets turtlefeathers/angelus paint for leather is best bet for the midsole and suede dye for the uppers, would have to be trial and error to get the right green.

Yea I would leave the inside orange. Tbh, going from Orange to white seems hella difficult.

To the guys that are good at making customs. How should one approach this job? II'm trying to replicate the RF mossad from the recent olive greet glv that released earlier this year.

Thanks guys.[/quote]
So, heres what im thinking.

The upper: The green on the mossads is going to be very tough to get for one reason. The green that comes on the outdoor pack pair is darker than the mossad green. With suede dye it is basically impossible to lighten a color (Unless you know a color removing technique...i dont. Ive heard bleach but that stuff is nasty and will burn the materials imo). The suede dye just covers the original color and adds a different pigment. One alternative would be to add a light grey or tan to the green you have to make it more of a dull green. It would still be darker than the desired color tho.

The midsole: The easy part. Just get a brown leather paint (I use angelus) and add reds or greens to get the shade you want. Id add a duller to take away the shine and then a sealer to keep it safe from scuffs and such. 

The sockliner: Going white is a waste of time imo. Even with thinned air brush paint white would take a million coats. Brown would be easier. Ive used dye on sock liners in the past and ive had good luck. Just put a couple coats of dye on and youll be good to go. WARNING it will bleed onto your socks and slightly fade over time (you can always just do another coat later). Paint can also be used on sockliners but a thinner and a airbrush is typically used. I dont have experience with that but if done right that may be the best. 

Hope this helps fam. 

I keep hearing people say they gave up. There's no giving up with shopify. You try until you can't add your sz to cart anymore.

Not going to lie, it's very upsetting how hyped the DaVinci's became. I know many of us here on NT had been waiting for a long time for these to release only to get shafted by them being "limited"

If they truly don't release in other shops (which it doesn't appear they will), then that sucks. Oh well, on to the next.

Walter..

Last edited:
Exactly. We were excited from day one cause we liked the shoe. Sucks when the hype kills what you love. I wish they we a gr sitting on the sale racks over this sh*t

I have a lot of GLVs and they all fit slightly differently...some are tight some are loose (all sz 12). Can anyone tell me how the sages fall on this variable scale im looking for a 12 but would also like to look for a 12.5 or 11.5 depending on the fit to widen my market? Thanks bois

I have a lot of GLVs and they all fit slightly differently...some are tight some are loose (all sz 12). Can anyone tell me how the sages fall on this variable scale im looking for a 12 but would also like to look for a 12.5 or 11.5 depending on the fit to widen my market? Thanks bois
Sage fits a little tight, you could probably do 12.5.

Yup Sages are snug width-wise, but in terms of length they are the same as all other GLVs. So if you're looking for a more comfortable fit and don't mind the extra length, then 12.5 should be good for you.

I too go with size 12 for all my GL3's and GLV's. I say you'd be fine with a 12. My 12 fits fine. But agree, they are a bit snugger than others. 12.5 wouldn't hurt..either or I think would work for you depending on how you like the fit.

Walter..

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom