Asics Love?!? Where is it?

Just for discussion. Has anyone notice that asics isn't really that hyped? I know because we are in NT and specifically in this thread so it may seem super hyped but I realized when I was camping out for the Da Vincis I thought at least 100+ would show up for the release. But the line barely reach 100 and only got to the 90s when the shoe was about to drop. This was my 2nd camp out and my 1st campout was for a pair of foams that wasn't like hyped like the galaxies but were the HoH Electric Green foams which was pretty low key but well over 100 people showed up at the camp out. But ofc I live in the DMV so foams are always hyped but idk just my thoughts.

It seems quite possible that MB's will get a restock pretty soon due to Ubiqs sweet 16 collab bracket they've got going. I would most definitely double up if that happens.

It seems quite possible that MB's will get a restock pretty soon due to Ubiqs sweet 16 collab bracket they've got going. I would most definitely double up if that happens.
Wasn't it the winner will get a pair of 2 from the bracket if anyone guess correctly the winner?

I just purchased a pair last night. 155 shipped. Great price imo as i have been seeing them in the upper 100's to low 200's. Retail was 145.

Cant wait for them to come in! 
Wow. That's an awesome deal! I've been looking for a pair for that price for a little while. I really only check eBay though. 

Just for discussion. Has anyone notice that asics isn't really that hyped? I know because we are in NT and specifically in this thread so it may seem super hyped but I realized when I was camping out for the Da Vincis I thought at least 100+ would show up for the release. But the line barely reach 100 and only got to the 90s when the shoe was about to drop. This was my 2nd camp out and my 1st campout was for a pair of foams that wasn't like hyped like the galaxies but were the HoH Electric Green foams which was pretty low key but well over 100 people showed up at the camp out. But ofc I live in the DMV so foams are always hyped but idk just my thoughts.
I agree. But i hope it stays that way. It seems many more people in the states are transitioning to runners. You can really tell based on how tough these last few online releases have been. Im 0/3 this year...

I think Asics are bigger in Europe/Asia... I think a lot of people have discussed the hype etc here and how RF has exposed a lot of people to Asics/runners in general due to his collabs. I think the swoosh rules the majority of shoe collectors here in North America. A local spot dropped the reissue of the Alvin Purples last week and I went just before opening. There was only 1 other guy in line. Ubiq hazards are sitting at shops here. I think the last big release here in Canada was prob the midnight blooms and those went kinda quick.

Wow. That's an awesome deal! I've been looking for a pair for that price for a little while. I really only check eBay though. 
Yeah i found them on the bay. The auction ended unsold as the starting price was 200 so i shot him a message for retail plus ship and he took it. Worn once. 

I think Asics are bigger in Europe/Asia... I think a lot of people have discussed the hype etc here and how RF has exposed a lot of people to Asics/runners in general due to his collabs. I think the swoosh rules the majority of shoe collectors here in North America. A local spot dropped the reissue of the Alvin Purples last week and I went just before opening. There was only 1 other guy in line. Ubiq hazards are sitting at shops here. I think the last big release here in Canada was prob the midnight blooms and those went kinda quick.
100% agree on the nike ruling around here but i dont think the two shoes you mention accurately reflect the market here in the states/canada. Alvins are only OK to me. Could have grabbed on the restock but passed. The Ubiqs are terrible imo. Its no wonder they are on clearance. I wouldnt pay 50 bucks for those. 

Wasn't it the winner will get a pair of 2 from the bracket if anyone guess correctly the winner?
If you go onto the bracket site they have restock 1-4 listed. So I am just guessing the final 4 could all end up as a restock. Shows it up top.

Yeah I agree there is definitely a transition period but I think Zero is right that Nike is still the most hyped and it kinds of shadows asics. Even on campus I see a like 3 people rocking asics? During my whole time here but Idk it seems like while with asics you are 0/3 but I feel like if there is an online release we always have a chance a "coppable chance" but I know for Nike I would be 0/25 right now even with all their releases and less hype releases unless I camp out but that's only if my local is doing FCFS or if they are doing a raffle my chances are slim.

If you go onto the bracket site they have restock 1-4 listed. So I am just guessing the final 4 could all end up as a restock. Shows it up top.
Oooo, that'll make my week if they restock the MBs. also my favorite shoe. 

Has anyone used either Jason Markk Repel or Crep Protect and can comment on the effectiveness? or a better product if there is one out there, I want to treat several suede shoes but my fear is it will change the color/texture too much. 

Has anyone used either Jason Markk Repel or Crep Protect and can comment on the effectiveness? or a better product if there is one out there, I want to treat several suede shoes but my fear is it will change the color/texture too much. 
I stopped by Bodega a couple weeks ago and got the liquidproof branded spray and used it on my 997pr. Pretty impressed overall, the shoe does seem waterproof now. The suede lost a bit of its nap but not a ton, they are still buttery. Overall I probably won't do this to too many pairs, it's expensive and just easier to step carefully.

I stopped by Bodega a couple weeks ago and got the liquidproof branded spray and used it on my 997pr. Pretty impressed overall, the shoe does seem waterproof now. The suede lost a bit of its nap but not a ton, they are still buttery. Overall I probably won't do this to too many pairs, it's expensive and just easier to step carefully.
Thanks, ill check out liquidproof. 

Oooo, that'll make my week if they restock the MBs. also my favorite shoe. 

Man I remember when these first came out it was a zoo. I think the site collapsed and they re-released it later. This was the only (hyped) shoe ive ever managed to grab online.

I heard the instore was release was light and people were hopping back on the line to get more pairs.

Back
Top Bottom