Atlanta Hawks Josh Smith?

Why do the hawks Continue to put him at the 4? He's Way more effective at the three to me. Only of the only players that can match-up with LeBron

Why do the hawks Continue to put him at the 4? He's Way more effective at the three to me. Only of the only players that can match-up with LeBron

they don't have a real starting center so they have to put smith at pf and horford at center, also if smith played sf what would marvin do?

they don't have a real starting center so they have to put smith at pf and horford at center, also if smith played sf what would marvin do?

Originally Posted by diew its james

I think they don't want to admit that they made a mistake by drafting Marvin @ #3

I think they don't want to admit that they made a mistake by drafting Marvin @ #3

they should just bench marvin and put josh at the 3 and al at the 4 and that european guy at center... forgot his name

they should just bench marvin and put josh at the 3 and al at the 4 and that european guy at center... forgot his name

Originally Posted by Remi23

actually i think he was #2
ohwell.gif

Lebron treated Josh Smith like a woman two years ago in the playoffs. Physically and athletically they match up...but that's only half the battle.

Lebron treated Josh Smith like a woman two years ago in the playoffs. Physically and athletically they match up...but that's only half the battle.

Originally Posted by Remi23

actually i think he was #2
ohwell.gif

Josh can't play the 3. In 2006-07 he floated on the perimeter way too much and showed he wasn't an effective 3 point shooter/wing player. If I could wish for Josh to "be like" any another player it would be Gerald Wallace, then he could play the 3.

Josh can't play the 3. In 2006-07 he floated on the perimeter way too much and showed he wasn't an effective 3 point shooter/wing player. If I could wish for Josh to "be like" any another player it would be Gerald Wallace, then he could play the 3.

Josh Smith is athletic but he feels, looks, and moves as if he is 50 lbs heavier than what he is. Other than when he is flying (dunks/blocks/running in transition, he never seems to be look athletic. He isn't quick enough to guard 3's on most nights. But when he tries he is cool, but he doesn't seem to put much effort in non-spectacular defensive stop opportunities.

He is is weird athlete. The same with J Rich. Kenny touched on that before. J Rich is the most unathletic athlete ever. He has bounce but he isn't fast at all or quick.

Josh Smith is athletic but he feels, looks, and moves as if he is 50 lbs heavier than what he is. Other than when he is flying (dunks/blocks/running in transition, he never seems to be look athletic. He isn't quick enough to guard 3's on most nights. But when he tries he is cool, but he doesn't seem to put much effort in non-spectacular defensive stop opportunities.

He is is weird athlete. The same with J Rich. Kenny touched on that before. J Rich is the most unathletic athlete ever. He has bounce but he isn't fast at all or quick.

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

He's one of my favorite players in the L and what you said up there is right. He is athletic but he doesn't have the lateral quickness to stay with sf's. But josh is still appreciated
pimp.gif
only when he doesn't make bone headed moves 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

He's one of my favorite players in the L and what you said up there is right. He is athletic but he doesn't have the lateral quickness to stay with sf's. But josh is still appreciated
pimp.gif
only when he doesn't make bone headed moves 
laugh.gif

And to think he was compared to Tmac coming out of high school... still a solid player though. The Hawks just need to get rid of Marvin

And to think he was compared to Tmac coming out of high school... still a solid player though. The Hawks just need to get rid of Marvin

Originally Posted by jsmith42

laugh.gif
which 6'7-6'9 athletic small forward wasn't compare to T-Mac back in the days?

Back
Top Bottom