ATTN METHOD MAN, can we update the look/function on the forum?

I really dont think the mobile site is all that bad tho. My only suggestions on things to add & fix are....
Times of posts
Amount of reps
Picture loading & viewing
Video embedding

Thats really it

A website founded on the principle of excess (albeit that has changed for many) excess and we're going to quibble about pennies. Ok.

Last edited:

paying for power is unfair

we just need a 10k rep club 
nerd.gif
How is paying for advertising unfair? Especially if you want your product to be seen or read about by your demo? How is that any different from the current ad and sponsor set up? However, it does provide a more personalized experience. Look at Random Objects, he's not trying to present himself as some hegemonic street wear brand yet Niketalk done a lot for his career.

I wouldn't even know who Dom Kennedy was if it wasn't for him posting on NT back in the day.

But look at the Hundreds, their brand is going the way of FUBU because they forgot their roots and try to appear larger than life. When in reality their main source of business comes from everyday people like us, and word of mouth. People posting up in front of the Rosewood store skateboarding and chillin'. After than ad went up in Times Square, it was downhill from there. 
mean.gif

Bobby has the big head how.

I love NT but i am NOT paying for the site itself, now if we had a shop section with some NT merch....that would be different lol. Also i co sign on the picture viewing thing. That ish is so annoying
I agree. And as I stated above, imagining buying direct from NT? Dom Kennedy mixtapes, Random Object apparel, marked down "The Hundreds" stuff that can't sell in the store like it used to.

Niketalk could cut out CL and EB, just by charging a percentage on the items sold.

Rep system is broken, it gets boosted too easily. It's unreliable. I've seen way too many prolific posts and posters go unnoticed due to this rep system.

I just want a refresh button on the mobile site so I don't have scroll to the top to refresh the page.

Been saying this for years.

I only use mobile for NT, so I have no idea what goes on in the rep world.
Keeps my NT experience pure.

Not to thread jack but viewing thread photos takes way too long and also starts from the very beginning of the threads photo history, and I don't think that's beneficial to anyone.

On mobile so can't confirm but if you click on the last image on the recent images on the right and then click gallery view, it should be at the end rather than beginning

If youre unnoticed on NT it aint cuz of reps
Case in point as to why money can put an end to a lot of NT's ills.

Look at that Atlanta thread, didn't even know NT had that many Atlantans. But that thread almost didn't happen because people don't have an incentive for cracking down on a lot of the "lame in real life, popular on NT" types.

Grown men talking about marriage and real estate, and dudes come in there like wannabe important members trying to destroy the thread.

Now imagine if a few people in the the thread were real estate agents but also sneakerheads. How crazy would that be? 

But you guys wanna keep letting these people that bring nothing to the table control the conversation climate of NT. 

Somebody said to add a ticker to show a thread is lit. Im thinking like a flame Icon next to thread title would do. So to activate, within the thread, next to "post a reply" at least 5 people gotta hit the flame button for it to appear next to the thread title in the general thread listings. Maybe a max of 3 can appear when 15 unique users activate the lit button. This would represent a top thread. Maybe this could keep it pinned for 6 hours atop the thread listing. But other than that, I think it would be a useful tool to illicit more user engagement and responses (=more add money)

Somebody said to add a ticker to show a thread is lit. Im thinking like a flame Icon next to thread title would do. So to activate, within the thread, next to "post a reply" at least 5 people gotta hit the flame button for it to appear next to the thread title in the general thread listings. Maybe a max of 3 can appear when 15 unique users activate the lit button. This would represent a top thread. Maybe this could keep it pinned for 6 hours atop the thread listing. But other than that, I think it would be a useful tool to illicit more user engagement and responses (=more add money)
nah, a lit button is doing too much extra stuff

just have a little number beside each thread title that shows the number of reps in the thread within the last hour

that way people will know if lobo dropped another 30 rep PS and the thread is lit 

nah, a lit button is doing too much extra stuff

just have a little number beside each thread title that shows the number of reps in the thread within the last hour

that way people will know if lobo dropped another 30 rep PS and the thread is lit 
hmmm.... nah

...that Flame Wars section back in the day, and then the D-League if you tried to roast and wasn't funny 
3V8qFHN.png

I'd pay for down votes & for the gif limit to be upped from 2.5 MB :nerd:

Here's a charity idea btw... making pins for popular emoticons :nerd:

I want a ":stoneface: " bad, b.

Last edited:
I'd pay for down votes & for the gif limit to be upped from 2.5 MB :nerd:

Here's a charity idea btw... making pins for popular emoticons :nerd:

I want a ":stoneface: " bad, b.

think gif limit is 250 kb. 2.5 mb is pretty big tbh.

Last edited:

Not to thread jack but viewing thread photos takes way too long and also starts from the very beginning of the threads photo history, and I don't think that's beneficial to anyone.
I agree with this one completely.  That's a feature they produced without soliciting advanced without consulting any of the Huddler communities.  It's pretty obvious their test environments and imagined use cases were for SMALL forums.  It doesn't work in "megathreads."  The person who I believe was primarily responsible for the design choices on that is no longer with the company.  I'm hopeful that this is something that can be addressed in the future, but I can't make any promises regarding the image galleries.  There are larger priorities out there.  

If Meth is reading this, Xenoforo. Thank me later.
nthat.gif

Thanks, but we're good.  I looked at xenforo when evaluating our Yuku alternatives.  Having a pretty forum is nice, but features don't mean anything if the site doesn't perform well.

I think we've had a very favorable performance record with this site since moving to the Huddler platform - especially when you consider what we came from.  Software is only half of the equation, at best.  
There is no way Niketalk would charge for extra features again.

I think.
We never did.  "ezsupporter" and "community gold" were ezboard/yuku initiatives.  We didn't see a penny of it.  
It's 2016 but the design of the site is stuck in ios 6 2012.

There have been advancements in UI/UX

Can we have photos that span the width of the screen?

Can we finally have an app?

I'm sure some one is willing to do it for free and you can charge for it, the money made can be given to charity

Ad Blockers exist in mobile browsers now, so it must be hurting the funds that keep NTs light running

People WILL buy it

For an example of a more modern elegant look may I point you to

chowhound.com
What do you even want from a mobile app that the current mobile site doesn't offer?  I can see the value in push notifications, but the value drops off pretty far after that.  App development is very expensive.  The platform's developers need to see a clear cost benefit for that investment, and I'm not sure we're there yet.  Maintaining an app is a huge commitment. 

It's something we'd love to give you guys, but we'll just have to wait until Huddler/Wikia build it into the platform.  I'm not going through another full system upheaval just for a smoother mobile menu transition animation.
I got more important **** to spend money on than an NT app b
Me, too.  

Children in Bangladesh deserved a library more than we needed an update to our 3 & 1/2 year old mobile site.  Children in South Africa deserved an original children's book in Xitsonga more than we needed a revamp of our gallery function.  An innocent prisoner on death row deserves a lawyer more than we need push notifications for subscriptions.  

No offense, but if you compare what we have now to what we were using five years ago, the ask list here reads like a "first world problems" meme.  

We'd like the site to be the best it can possibly be, but some of these requests are very costly and difficult to justify.  This isn't a multi-million dollar operation.  We can control which platform we use, but we can't control how those platforms are managed.  I have tremendous faith in the people at Huddler and Wikia and I trust them to keep the platform up to date.  It may take a little longer than we might like, but we have to set realistic expectations for our site development.  We can't overhaul everything every two years to try and keep up with the biggest players in the industry.  We're going to continue to do the very best we can within our resources to provide you with the best possible community experience, but please keep in mind that we don't have unlimited resources to play with.  

Rather than a huge sprawling wish list, it's more useful for us to get a sense of what is MOST important to you right now and why.  What is the single biggest technical problem that currently hinders your enjoyment of the site?  What is the ONE feature you'd most like to see?  I can't get 100 development wishes granted within the calendar year, but if there's one thing that would make a huge difference to everyone, I can promise you that we'll put our full weight behind it and will lobby hard to see it added to the development schedule. 

I appreciate everyone's patience and support.  

We've barely been on Huddler and honestly this is the best the forum has ran by far compared to Yuku and ez. Plus NT mobile is the **** you guys remember how tough it was to navigate on your phone before that?

Back
Top Bottom