Average Monthly Auto Loan Now $503 @ 68 months

IMO if you cant afford to have a 36-48 month loan you really cant afford the car.

Gonna be bad when this bubble bursts

IMO if you cant afford to have a 36-48 month loan you really cant afford the car.

Gonna be bad when this bubble bursts

I think it depends on the car. If you get a vehicle that has a long history of great resale value, a longer term loan isn't as big of a deal. Especially if you've got a really good interest rate. If you get one of these end of the year 0% financing deals, you're good money. If you're someone who plans on keeping the vehicle for a very long time, it's not as big of a deal either.

I don't know why people assume cars are going to explode once they hit 100k.

I think people just assume buying a used luxury car with 100k is the bad move, which I'm not sure how anyone would disagree. Audi, bmw, etc.

I'm sure everyone would be confident in Honda, and Toyota.

Last edited:
I don't know why people assume cars are going to explode once they hit 100k.
Buying a luxury car at 100k isn't a great idea imo. Usually u get it for dirt cheap but u start getting hit with all the maintenance and that **** expensive as hell.

Cars aren't going to explode at 100k but I personally wouldn't buy a car that didn't have at least 3 years of warranty left.

Buying a luxury car at 100k isn't a great idea imo. Usually u get it for dirt cheap but u start getting hit with all the maintenance and that **** expensive as hell.
Not entirely true. Later model cars have better reliability than earlier model cars for that specific version. 

I think it depends on the car. If you get a vehicle that has a long history of great resale value, a longer term loan isn't as big of a deal. Especially if you've got a really good interest rate. If you get one of these end of the year 0% financing deals, you're good money. If you're someone who plans on keeping the vehicle for a very long time, it's not as big of a deal either.
Also this

only reason i got a car note was because my previous vehicle's motor mounts snap when i got off the interstate one morning. therefore i decided to buy certified used from a dealership at that point.. plus its always nice to build up credit. lucky i have a cosigner, otherwise those APR rates would kill me. initially i regretted the decision because of the monthly car note but mine is bearable/affordable. eventually i gave the vehicle to my mom but i still pay the note...I learned young the downside to the automobile business. because of this i always give advice not get a car loan and DEFINETELY NOT TO BUY NEW. you can easily mess around and get upside down on the loan.  i know someone who recently bought a NEW car, despite my advice, with a loan rate of 17%APR for 5 years & that ish is killer regardless of the car. just do the math...

EDIT: I'm riding this honda till the wheels fall off. odometer says 195k but hasn't worked for years. Maintenance is key.

Last edited:
There's nothing wrong with buying a new car. There is a price you pay if you buy used. You're losing life off the car, period.

If getting a new car is only a few thousand more than buying used, just go new. That is assuming you have a great credit score, steady job, and can afford a car in the first place.

It's not that bad..... my note is $1,307/month and I financed for 108 months. It was a steal!
Yea bro, I think u might've got robbed. My guy Wesley at no credit auto worked it out for me so my note is mad affordable. 2008 dodge avenger, 99k 203 a month for 144 mths, I couldn't beat that deal honestly.

:wow: That was a steal! Who was the salesman? Contact info please & thank you!

I got mine at Jose's Backyard, only good thing about his dealership, they let you finance da warranty!

Thread/.

Financing is a terrible idea, point blank period.

Yea, because buying a decade old Audi with 100k miles was such a great idea.

who did that? :x

DipsetGeneral

Pretty sure I remember seeing the guy who bought a used BMW M3 with 100k miles or whatever (which had the engine blew up) buy it after selling the M3...:rofl:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

let that man live tho....for now :x

:lol: That was cold :lol:

I've had the car for two and a half months and no problems and or complaints. Running very fine.

How much longer do you give it before i start experiencing some BS?

:lol: That was cold :lol:

I've had the car for two and a half months and no problems and or complaints. Running very fine.

How much longer do you give it before i start experiencing some BS?

Two and a half months ain't nothing :lol: if you had to buy a decade old Audi with six figure miles, you simply can't afford it. A Honda Civic better suits you.

Realistically, it depends on the motor and the maintenance done on it. Some of the motors coming out of VW are bullet proof, but you gotta pay to play. Cats using regular gas and doing the minimum intervals for oil changes expecting it to last. Treat your car well and it will treat you well.

Two and a half months ain't nothing :lol: if you had to buy a decade old Audi with six figure miles, you simply can't afford it. A Honda Civic better suits you.

Realistically, it depends on the motor and the maintenance done on it. Some of the motors coming out of VW are bullet proof, but you gotta pay to play. Cats using regular gas and doing the minimum intervals for oil changes expecting it to last. Treat your car well and it will treat you well.
That last paragraph is also the truth. A car with 100k is gonna need some type of maintenance even if it's something light. But u treat that motor right it will treat u better.

Thread/.

Thread/.

Yea, because buying a decade old Audi with 100k miles was such a great idea.

who did that? :x

DipsetGeneral

damn. my old Automotive professor came from da VW group and majority of his job was to handle warranty covered Audis...da random **** that would break on those :smh: :lol:

Last edited:
damn. my old Automotive professor came from da VW group and majority of his job was to handle warranty covered Audis...da random **** that would break on those :smh: :lol:

As a VW owner, the German engineering is sometimes their downfall. They can be great but there is such a thing as being too complex. The Japanese have it right by keeping it simple

As a VW owner, the German engineering is sometimes their downfall. They can be great but there is such a thing as being too complex. The Japanese have it right by keeping it simple

there's motors that flip da windshield wipers so they don't settle on one side... instead of just replacing a stupid wiper blade, da motors of those can go bad and be hundreds of dollars to replace :lol:

there's motors that flip da windshield wipers so they don't settle on one side... instead of just replacing a stupid wiper blade, da motors of those can go bad and be hundreds of dollars to replace :lol:

**** is crazy man :lol:

But the new TSI engines are crazy. I'm getting 230/270 at the wheels all while getting nearly 35 mpg.

Congratulations on being the first VW owner I have met to admit that they are not perfect.

Back
Top Bottom