Bachelor Pad.

Moved into my new apartment. So far just a couch and chair in the living room. Starting from scratch, all new furniture....

Chesterfield couch. Chair bought from a Ralph Lauren sample sale.

^ It was never an option. The place had 3 offers (1 accepted) the first day it was listed and I checked it out just to get an idea of what else was out there.

With regards to a couch, I'm 99% sure I'm going with royal blue (or something similar). The way it looks against brick is :smokin

The question now is contemporary or classic?

Last edited:
Meeting up with our home designer in a couple of weeks to get our new home started. Can't wait!! Will update whenever I can.

^ It was never an option. The place had 3 offers (1 accepted) the first day it was listed and I checked it out just to get an idea of what else was out there.

With regards to a couch, I'm 99% sure I'm going with royal blue (or something similar). The way it looks against brick is
smokin.gif

The question now is contemporary or classic?
contemporary in my opinion.

Got any tips on bedroom furniture brehs? Going for an ultra modern feel.

Pretty much settled on a dark blue/brown/tan color scheme and im considering painting the wall behind my bed a dark blue. Probably the navy blue in this bedroom pic. First thing to get is probably a lamp. The new place doesn't have ANY ceiling lighting in the bedrooms

Go all contemporary especially if you're in a converted warehouse. That classic look would only work if you're in a house and if you're 60 years old.

Agreed that Houzz is awesome. I use their app while on the toilet :lol:

I have nothing. I have to buy EVERYTHING. Except my bed :lol:
I'm single, living alone, so I wanna go for the modern look. But since I have to buy everything now, gotta start off small.
Likely gonna start with basic stuff, possibly from ikea. I know their quality isn't there greatest, but it's a start

Finally got around to mounting the 46" TV to the all and hiding the cables inside the wall, it has only made me want to upgrade to a 55" :smh:

With 4K TV's dipping in price, I may just hold off until next year when everything is a lot cheaper (lord knows I don't have the patience though).

I just don't know if the artwork above works anymore. :nerd:

B E F O R E

A F T E R

I have an entire wall space to the left of the media center, still debating just a stand up mirror and a poster next to it *shrugs

Closing on a house this week
pimp.gif

Will be in here religiously
Nice son 
pimp.gif

i met up with my real estate agent this morning & officially put a offer on a house. The feeling is surreal, never would of thought i would be doing this. 

The only downside is, is that its a short sale as in the bank owns it & they take foreverrrrrrrrr to respond with a counter offer but its a nice crib & totally worth it imo being that im in no rush anyway. 

Gonna play the wating game for a bit. But im stoked 
pimp.gif

Congrats again bro 
smokin.gif

^ congrats but can't you put an offer with an expiry? It's usually 24 hours but I always tell my realtor to make the expiry 4-6 hours in order to put pressure on the seller and let them know I'm serious.

Closing on a house this week :pimp:

Will be in here religiously
Nice son :pimp:

i met up with my real estate agent this morning & officially put a offer on a house. The feeling is surreal, never would of thought i would be doing this. 

The only downside is, is that its a short sale as in the bank owns it & they take foreverrrrrrrrr to respond with a counter offer but its a nice crib & totally worth it imo being that im in no rush anyway. 

Gonna play the wating game for a bit. But im stoked :pimp:

Congrats again bro :smokin

Wait, is it a short sale or bank-owned/foreclosure? Two different things and it's important that you know the difference.

A short sale is technically still owned privately however they're underwater aka owe more on the mortgage than the proceeds from the sale will cover...market value is $500k but the current mortgage(s) are for $600k. The bank will have to approve the loss or amount that is "short". It can be a looong process and if you agree to $480k but the bank appraisal comes back at $540k, they'll attempt to renegotiate. It's more complex than that but that's the basics. There's no guarantee that you'll reach the closing table.

If it's a bank-owned property (has already been foreclosed on, the private owner stopped paying the mortgage and the bank took possession after a different but long process) the bank does respond to offers and that can take a while but the actual time from contract to closing should not be much longer than usual unless there are issues to be corrected.

^ congrats but can't you put an offer with an expiry? It's usually 24 hours but I always tell my realtor to make the expiry 4-6 hours in order to put pressure on the seller and let them know I'm serious.

If it's a bank-owned property...good luck with that.

Is having a roommate looked down upon? I can afford a nice one bedroom by myself. But me and my homie are probably gonna get a 2 bedroom townhouse.

Is having a roommate looked down upon? I can afford a nice one bedroom by myself. But me and my homie are probably gonna get a 2 bedroom townhouse.
why would it be looked down on?

i feel this thread is more about aesthetic/designs than of the living arrangements themselves. some people have the money to live on their own and cool but i dont think they define the thread.

also if you can find an unfurnished spot with your friend, you can decorate how you both want instead of walking into a situation where everything is set up by another room/housemate. 

Last edited:
Stealing some ideas from this thread this weekend, fresh out of school and in in DC area so I'm living with 2 roomies :lol: need to save when I can, BUT I'm gonna hook my room up.

Do you guys use art.com or any of those sites for affordable pieces? Thinking of framing an old school map from the 1900/ of my home city and putting that on the wall but I'm gonna check some options out

Recently moved... This is the view from the new place, Imma keep yall posted with pics of the innards as they come in lol :D

Last edited:
Stealing some ideas from this thread this weekend, fresh out of school and in in DC area so I'm living with 2 roomies :lol: need to save when I can, BUT I'm gonna hook my room up.

Do you guys use art.com or any of those sites for affordable pieces? Thinking of framing an old school map from the 1900/ of my home city and putting that on the wall but I'm gonna check some options out

Never bought anything from them personally, but greatbigcanvas.com has a huge selection of stuff you might like.

why would it be looked down on?

i feel this thread is more about aesthetic/designs than of the living arrangements themselves. some people have the money to live on their own and cool but i dont think they define the thread.

also if you can find an unfurnished spot with your friend, you can decorate how you both want instead of walking into a situation where everything is set up by another room/housemate. 

Just wanted some opinions. Wondering how women feel about it and things like that. I just seen a girl say something like it was a problem.

Just wanted some opinions. Wondering how women feel about it and things like that. I just seen a girl say something like it was a problem.
meh i think certain markets create certain situations. 

the market that im familiar with in DC, its not uncommon for people to have roommates. even the lawyers, a few doctors, and other high(er) earning professionals i know have roommates and the women like them just fine. not saying they all have roommates or that all women think that way, but its not like if you mention that to a girl at a happy hour or night spot, she will walk away from you. 

from my experiences dealing with the DC younger (id say like 23-30 something) professional crowd, if you live IN the District or even Arlington, having roommates is VERY common, so they dont really think much of it, at least among the circles and places ive been around. 

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom