Bachelor Pad.

Apartment Therapy Again

http://www.apartmenttherapy.com/magali-barts-apartment-therapy-aphrochic-remix-house-tour-206219

Check the links underneath this write up as well.
i like...can never go wrong with wood floors...also the bare walls and natural light make it look larger...

when people clutter up their walls with art 
sick.gif

Last edited:
I'm leaning towards a slate blue for my living room color...falling in love with the color and the possibilities with grey furniture

Anyone else watch House Hunters?

Boy does this show grind my gears.

Not only are all these people buying huge houses with their "150,000" budget, they nit pick the silliest things...."I don't want sea shell sinks"

giiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiive me a breakkkkkkkkkkkk

the show is usually staged from what I read. Most of these people have already chosen the home they want or have already closed on the home.

Im going to clean the room and take actual pictures to show the whole room. The room is not small at all. its actually fits about 6 people in there comfortable. Maybe I was premature and should have taken better pics lol my bad, but I would love some input when I do.

Just got a 2 bedroom apartment in SW Washington, DC.. I'm by myself, what should I do with the other room?

Just got a 2 bedroom apartment in SW Washington, DC.. I'm by myself, what should I do with the other room?
just got a house in NW with a few homies

I have the top floor loft which is ample space to take some you guys suggestions in this thread.  First time dealing with an open space to design.

just got a house in NW with a few homies

I have the top floor loft which is ample space to take some you guys suggestions in this thread.  First time dealing with an open space to design.

Yea I wanted to live uptown, but my job is on the southside

Do y'all have extra pillows on your bed or is that more of a woman thing?

I love looking through restoration hardware but can't afford anything in that place lol

I throw all the extra pillows on the floor at night that my wife puts on. They look good when the bes is made though.

Went furniture hunting today...

Fell in love with a bedroom set at Bob's Furniture. I've never been in there and found this 8 piece Bedroom set for $1,599. For that price and the design, I was really blown away. It felt good, looked even better.

-------------------------

I went to Macys Furniture and they wanted $2,700 for 3 piece bedroom set.

Also Ashley's Furniture is the worst customer service place I've been to

--------------------------

With the price of that, I feel like I can spend a little more on the couch...so I went to La-Z-Boy and saw this amazing grey sectional that was a lot more than I originally set out to spend, but it was unbelievable comfortable. $3,090 but for something is so essential I find it hard to skimp.

La-Z-Boy ASPEN Sectional

Last edited:
Good ****, Venom. Congrats on getting that closing date set, too. I used to be a Realtor, so I know all about the struggles homeowners face throughout the closing process. So much stress, but so worth it once you get a place you can actually call your own.

As for your paint question, I'm a bit biased because my dad works for them, but I would go with Benjamin Moore paint. A little bit more expensive, but it covers area really well and won't take as many coats to get a solid look. (I've done a few side jobs with my dad using different brands, and you could definitely tell a difference.) I'm not sure about the perception of the brand up there in the NYC area (they market it a hell of a lot more than they do down here in Texas), but it's good stuff. They also have some really nice "custom" colors in collaboration with Pottery Barn.

Last edited:
Good ****, Venom. Congrats on getting that closing date set, too. I used to be a Realtor, so I know all about the struggles homeowners face throughout the closing process. So much stress, but so worth it once you get a place you can actually call your own.

As for your paint question, I'm a bit biased because my dad works for them, but I would go with Benjamin Moore paint. A little bit more expensive, but it covers area really well and won't take as many coats to get a solid look. (I've done a few side jobs with my dad using different brands, and you could definitely tell a difference.) I'm not sure about the perception of the brand up there in the NYC area (they market it a hell of a lot more than they do down here in Texas), but it's good stuff. They also have some really nice "custom" colors in collaboration with Pottery Barn.

This is the brand I'm currently using to paint my new place. I love the richness of the hues

I currently have been looking through sherwin williams color wheel but ill keep BM in mind. Appreciate the kind words

Hey guys can you help me figure out what to put in my mancave/office? It's kind of blan. Are there any dope colors that could go, pictures, book shelves? Something lol.
[/IMG]

It's a small space so try and reclaim as much of that back as possible. Wall mount that TV and all your A/V equipment. And I know you probably love those recliners but there's a company called love sac that makes piece by piece sofas that can be rearranged as well as the covers of the pieces. That allows you to be more flexible with your space.

question why did you stop selling homes?

Hey guys can you help me figure out what to put in my mancave/office? It's kind of blan. Are there any dope colors that could go, pictures, book shelves? Something lol.
[/IMG]

It's a small space so try and reclaim as much of that back as possible. Wall mount that TV and all your A/V equipment. And I know you probably love those recliners but there's a company called love sac that makes piece by piece sofas that can be rearranged as well as the covers of the pieces. That allows you to be more flexible with your space.

thanks outlaw yeah i think imma mount the tv as you stated and check out those sofas, but I cant give up my recliners they are so comfy! lol

Went to sleepys yesterday to look at mattresses...

best one I tried was the iCOMFORT "Brilliant" EFX for $2199.

I feel like you really can't skimp on a mattress and Sleepys isn't going to sell me a crappy one. Comes with 25 yr warranty and it's really amazing. Plus the pillows are heaven.

Back
Top Bottom