Bachelor Pad.

Why not just get a bigger rug?
either a bigger rug or maybe look into replace wires, assuming they are the standard coaxials at which point you can just run them around the perimeter of the room, maybe even staple them down and out of sight. Just a thought.
awkward spacing to find a rug that length/width that would fit but Ill keep an eye out for it. and yea Ima prolly just do the perimeter thing and make it look discreet as possible. preciate the help/suggestions fellas.

You guys into scents and aromas? I'm a real sensual guy, so mood lighting and aromas are right up my alley. I go in at bath and bodyworks. The panties just fall off bros. They love when you have a clean, good smelling spot. Real big on candles and scented oils n ****. Just plugged in a bunch of wall flowers today. I'm telling you bros, it'll change everything for you. Scents make everything better. If you're dressed nice, cologne makes it that much better. Same with your home.

Candles are a must for me. I have them in my bathroom and in my bedroom, certain aromas definitely have a calming effect. I get the best sleep of my life when I have candles, a made up bed, and fresh laundry :lol:

Man I'm so damn happy and exited. Furniture came today - it looks amazing. The apt is finally coming together. By next week I should be moved in fully.

I'll have a ton of before and after pics for you guys. I'm really really really happy. It's such a great feeling

Candles are a must for me. I have them in my bathroom and in my bedroom, certain aromas definitely have a calming effect. I get the best sleep of my life when I have candles, a made up bed, and fresh laundry :lol:

checkout moonlight path from b&bw. its sooo necessary. lavender and some vanilla, smells amazing and masculine. been rocking with it for years. I use some of the sweeter joints here n there when i want a change up but moonlight path is something i keep in the stash.

Man I'm so damn happy and exited. Furniture came today - it looks amazing. The apt is finally coming together. By next week I should be moved in fully.

I'll have a ton of before and after pics for you guys. I'm really really really happy. It's such a great feeling

Great stuff buddy. I'm happy for you! you'll be in your new spot before you know it

Just when I was getting my place straight down here in San Antonio a position in Dallas and New Orleans opened up. The temptation to move to one of those cities is hella strong plus New Orleans is practically home .

Also this little card is gonna drain my pockets even more

I was joking since he was rambling. :lol:
It's all good. I had a good laugh about it. Here's too many pics to go with my excessively long commenting:

BEFORE:

AFTER:

edit: just want to add, that one of the things that i love about NT is seeing a variety of opinions and perspectives. this place is MY ideal bachelor pad, but it doesn't have to have all white everything, hidden cables, or mega screen tv's. this is one of my favorite threads because we really get to see what people do, and what they're interested in.

Last edited:
I was joking since he was rambling. :lol:
It's all good. I had a good laugh about it. Here's too many pics to go with my excessively long commenting:

BEFORE:

AFTER:

edit: just want to add, that one of the things that i love about NT is seeing a variety of opinions and perspectives. this place is MY ideal bachelor pad, but it doesn't have to have all white everything, hidden cables, or mega screen tv's. this is one of my favorite threads because we really get to see what people do, and what they're interested in.
That's a nice pad. Its real different and shows off your personality.

awkward spacing to find a rug that length/width that would fit but Ill keep an eye out for it. and yea Ima prolly just do the perimeter thing and make it look discreet as possible. preciate the help/suggestions fellas.
If you can run the wires around the perimeter and hide them well enough then by all means go for it. But I'd keep it simple and just get a bigger rug. Get one that's large enough to run ~3-4" under the bed and dresser and you're set.

Could use an extra set of eyes or opinions on a cube shelve unit. Looking for shelve unit exactly like this one in grey:

All I'm finding is black and browns... I also had the idea of getting these two from Ikea and painting/staining them:

Anybody have experience recoloring Ikea furniture?

I'd love to have a bachelor pad, but as long as I got my man cave which is pretty dope and my goalrilla I'm straight, wifey can do whatever she wants with the rest of the crib. I'll live through y'all pics vicariously!! Bachelor pads are temporary because every decent woman is checking for a man with a decent gig, a clean whip, a crib and some style... So if you got it all laid out, love it why you got it! Ladies is pimps too

Currently working on my bedroom 

still in HS, no bachelor pad yet 
laugh.gif

Bought a new kingsize bed and need to finish painting my room tonight

Mattress comes in on wednesday 

will post pics once I'm all done 

lots of 
pimp.gif
  inspo in here though 

def will be using some of these ideas 

Last edited:
My place in Austin is far from done, but might as well go ahead and share some pics. I have lots of art ready to go for the yellow wall by the dining table, but I'm waiting on my girl to get out here and assist with that. Same with the yellow bedroom wall, the pictures there are just temporary. These shots really don't do it any justice, but anyways...

Living

Kitchen (left of front door)

Dining

Kitchen (from dining)

Bathroom #2 (off living/kitchen)

Master bath (shower/toilet to the right of the vanity)

Bedroom

Capitol view to the East

UT Tower to the North

Hills to the West

Thanks, everyone. I still need to get a buffet/credenza for the yellow dining area wall (and get all those pictures up), that will get the printer off the floor and free up some kitchen cabinet space, etc. The cardboard box by the entertainment unit is full of records that desperately need some sort of storage solution, too. Overall I'm very pleased with it since I've been here less than a month.

I'll be sure to post more photos as the space comes along.

@Edshoecator  I'm just renting - it's not cheap by any means, but it's quite a bit less than many of newer luxury buildings here in Downtown Austin. All utilities besides cable/internet are included in the monthly rent along with two attached garage parking spaces, so it's a good deal overall.

Last edited:

Thanks, everyone. I still need to get a buffet/credenza for the yellow dining area wall (and get all those pictures up), that will get the printer off the floor and free up some kitchen cabinet space, etc. The cardboard box by the entertainment unit is full of records that desperately need some sort of storage solution, too. Overall I'm very pleased with it since I've been here less than a month.

I'll be sure to post more photos as the space comes along.

@Edshoecator  I'm just renting - it's not cheap by any means, but it's quite a bit less than many of newer luxury buildings here in Downtown Austin. All utilities besides cable/internet are included in the monthly rent along with two attached garage parking spaces, so it's a good deal overall.
Nice.

Contemplating moving and Austin was one of the places....but if the home prices are Los Angeles prices..might have to move to WACO lol

Back
Top Bottom