Bachelor Pad.

Just got my floor lamp.

So I recently moved into an apartment, and man its so much rug. I like it, but I feel I need something to break up the color; what do you all feel about rug on rug?

bruh..

I'm SO happy i have cement floors.

potty training a dog w/ carpets would be :x :x

So I recently moved into an apartment, and man its so much rug. I like it, but I feel I need something to break up the color; what do you all feel about rug on rug?
A rug on top of carpet? Go for it.

I've done it before, definitely helps to break up all that beige (assuming it's like most apartments). I had one in my living area and one in the bedroom.

A rug on top of carpet? Go for it.

I've done it before, definitely helps to break up all that beige (assuming it's like most apartments). I had one in my living area and one in the bedroom.
right, area rug on top of carpet. The carpet is beige and I'm just concerned about the area rug starting to bunch up, or the corners flipping up or something. I feel like I've seen it before

right, area rug on top of carpet. The carpet is beige and I'm just concerned about the area rug starting to bunch up, or the corners flipping up or something. I feel like I've seen it before
You shouldn't have any issues like that with a decent quality rug, the back should "grip" against the carpet.

Need help picking art for my kitchen. I've narrowed it down to a couple Warhol prints. I know they both been used a lot but I like them

First option 4 of these in a small collage

or just one big print of this one

Glad this thread is still alive and well. Moving into a new spot at the end of the month. Starting from scratch all over again. I re-looked at almost every page in this thread again. So many great ideas. So anxious/excited to have a project to work on.

I'm going to be refinishing some furniture I've had in storage for awhile. Really old stuff that I love. Also have an idea for a coffee table I'm going to build/re-purpose as well. I'll def take pictures as soon as I'm settled. Thanks for the ideas!

Thanks for the suggestion. I will look into it.

Should I be concerned about the weight of the TV, the thickness of the wall, etc? Or are these wall mounts pretty well designed so that they distribute weight equally. I should mention that I'm also in Cali, and we get earthquakes sometimes... hehe.

Should I be concerned about the weight of the TV, the thickness of the wall, etc? Or are these wall mounts pretty well designed so that they distribute weight equally. I should mention that I'm also in Cali, and we get earthquakes sometimes... hehe.

Find a mount that is designed for a 70-80" TV. Go to a hardware store and buy better lag bolts than whatever cheap ones they include with the mount hardware. I would assume you would want to mount to 3 wall studs if the mount will span that distance 32-48" back plate depending on if your wall studs are 16"-24" on center. Drill pilot holes into the studs then ratchet in the lag bolts. Just make sure get the bolts into studs. That's going to be a pretty heavy and expensive tv not to install correctly. Then I'd get on amazon and order these http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007ST09T8/?tag=niketalk0e-20 it makes it easy to hide the cords in the walls and it looks finished. Just my suggestion

I would hit some one off craigslist . Usual its dudes from best buy or magnolia that do it on the side for less than what the store charges . Most will have everything u need when I call them up , anchors , mounts , stud finder , etc.

Back
Top Bottom