Bachelor Pad.

Still debating on whether I should get an ottoman or a coffee table.
To those who have coffee tables do you ever put your feet on them, and to those with ottomans
do you put a plate on it and eat from it?

Originally Posted by FlipnKraut

I might be moving to the Cupertino, CA area for work. Anyone know some decent places around that area? I'm trying to look myself but I don't know where to look. I'd like less than 30-45 minute commute if possible either by public transit or by car. If anyone knows that area that can help I'd appreciate it. Looking for at least a 1br/1ba, a studio would probably not be big enough for me.

Edit: Also I don't know how much I'll be making, I'll be using the prices for places as a basis on what I would accept as a salary offer.

where you from?  i live in an apt complex in sunnyvale and it's definitely more of a family-oriented place (as is most of the silicon valley).  you can check out apartments around santana row in san jose if you want to be by the nightlife. 

Originally Posted by yanks7384

Originally Posted by 4wrestling

Sofa has arrived after 3 months.  My white living room is complete 
happy.gif
4wrestling, where did you get that area rug?  online, or somewhere local to you?

http://www.overstock.com/Home-Garden/Hand-tufted-Erima-Blue-Wool-Rug-5-x-76/5202674/product.html

Originally Posted by DAYTONA 5000

To those who have coffee tables do you ever put your feet on them, and to those with ottomans

I was also deciding between the two.  Ultimately went with the coffee table.  Glad I did because it's cheaper for the size, I use a keyboard/mouse on the table and I don't think I could've done that on the ottoman, and I don't know if I would've been comfortable putting drinks on an ottoman, since they're usually not perfectly square/solid.  I'd be afraid of spillage.  I don't put my feet up on it too much at all.  I did last night for about 5 mins, but only because I was watching a movie.

Get a small table if you don't have much space to work with, a multi-purpose one (with a hidden drawer) would be useful as well.

Originally Posted by Based Mod

Originally Posted by FlipnKraut

I might be moving to the Cupertino, CA area for work. Anyone know some decent places around that area? I'm trying to look myself but I don't know where to look. I'd like less than 30-45 minute commute if possible either by public transit or by car. If anyone knows that area that can help I'd appreciate it. Looking for at least a 1br/1ba, a studio would probably not be big enough for me.

Edit: Also I don't know how much I'll be making, I'll be using the prices for places as a basis on what I would accept as a salary offer.

where you from?  i live in an apt complex in sunnyvale and it's definitely more of a family-oriented place (as is most of the silicon valley).  you can check out apartments around santana row in san jose if you want to be by the nightlife. 

I'm in Austin, Tx right now. The place I'm going to be working at is in the 95014 zip code, right next to 280. I know anything relatively close is going to be $$$$, so how far away mileage-wise should I look for a place that's not a ridiculous commute?

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

Get a small table if you don't have much space to work with, a multi-purpose one (with a hidden drawer) would be useful as well.

I've got a set of 4 storage/tray ottomans (these in black & red, paid quite a bit less for them) that I use for foot rests, coffee/side tables, extra seating, TV trays, etc. - if I remember, I'll take a pic when I get home.

Originally Posted by OnTheNephs

Yea i can see fine, they dont make screens this size. And if i get it custom it will be a lot of money so for now the wall is good.

Actually I can help you out with that get at me on PM if you want to see what my friends and I did.

Originally Posted by brettTHEjett

Originally Posted by Physicx

how many sq ft is your guys' places?

heres something im looking at right now

son, WPP is single handedly thee best location for an apartment in all of Edmonton

I don't care if it's a closet for $800/mnth - get in if you can....

dat UofA tail 
pimp.gif
$800/Month in NYC hardly gets you a nice room.  Where is this located?  What state?  

Back
Top Bottom