background checks for jobs

I've been arrested for domestic violence or assault and it's a misdemeanor , and i don't think i have committed a crime. I am released on bond andI dont know when the hearing will be. But in the mean time i need to get a job, I have not been convicted of anything and im looking for retail jobs, and Iknow you put no for a question where it asks you, "have you ever been convicted of a crime".

However, I remember from job interviews they go through a background check, would anything about me getting arrested and be released on bond show up? i havenot had any prior record of anything except speeding tickets.

I am confident that this case will get dropped because the "victim" is my father and he was not injured at all and didn't press charges but thestate picked it up.

anyone care to share stories of similar stituations?

lol most would say the number one rule for applying for a job is to lie...
and thats up to u

If the case is fresh you should have no problem getting past by answering no to that question.

If the case goes on, try to plea for a deal that will withhold adjudication (sp?). This basically means nothing will come up on a background search.

I had no problems passing backgroud checks until last month when Primerica red flagged me for a DUI and MJ charge back in 04.

Good luck!

Originally Posted by AntBanks81

If the case is fresh you should have no problem getting past by answering no to that question.

If the case goes on, try to plea for a deal that will withhold adjudication (sp?). This basically means nothing will come up on a background search.

I had no problems passing backgroud checks until last month when Primerica red flagged me for a DUI and MJ charge back in 04.

Good luck!

indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by TimelessFlight

Good luck!

indifferent.gif

Why are you stonefacing him?

Good luck!
i know that i can put no on the part of the application where it says " have you ever been convicted of ...", however after theinterview they usually do background checks, and i was wondering if an arrest will show up and that i have a pending case.

Whether it's dismissed or not, it may still show up on your record. It's probably still too early to show up now though. Wait until the case isfinished. Background checks check your arrests and convictions. The only way an arrest won't show up is if you weren't indicted. It you get itdismissed you can get a lawer to get your arrest removed.

Abovetherim, I guess it really depends on how quickly the move after hiring you. Plus the legal system is full of mess so a lot of things dont get entered asfast as we might think. I had recently got home from a probation violation and still got hired. I hope it all work out both with the job and in your familylife.

Timelessflight, someone has got to do it. I believe there is opportunity there because my dad's frat brother been doing it for 20+ years and he is eatingwell in ATL. I am trying to find full time work elsewhere anyway

Back
Top Bottom