batman/Bruce wayne vs Iron man/ tony stark

Sentry > Superman though. He's basically a grown up Franklin Richards that's crazy.

You should probably reread WWH to see what was done in order for Sentry to win/Hulk to lose or at least look up the Sentry to see why your statement possesses a faulty implication.
You really think I don't know who Sentry is? :stoneface: Superman > Sentry.
Then I don't see why you keep posting the wrong thing or maybe you're not aware what > and Superman though. He's basically a grown up Franklin Richards that's crazy.

You should probably reread WWH to see what was done in order for Sentry to win/Hulk to lose or at least look up the Sentry to see why your statement possesses a faulty implication.[/quote]

Whoaaa, did you say Sentry was basically a grown up Franklin Richards? No no no no no no.

Franklin Richards>>>>>>>>anyone in this damn thread, honestly.[/quote]Are ppl simply not aware of what Sentry is capable of? and what he has done in his short time showing up in comics?

Respect the Sentry

Dude is basically silver age Superman, a power manifests for w/e new threat. So if you're gonna say Superman > , you can't be talking about the current Superman. Bring up sun dipped Superman or at least Prime.

Last edited:
Then I don't see why you keep posting the wrong thing or maybe you're not aware what > and < means
laugh.gif

Last I checked molecule manipulation trumps anything Superman can do currently. Not to mention Sentry is the Void and that's a whole other list of super powers.

Simply put, Hulk losing to Sentry doesn't mean he couldn't beat Superman, that's not how it works.
Are ppl simply not aware of what Sentry is capable of? and what he has done in his short time showing up in comics?

Respect the Sentry

Dude is basically silver age Superman, a power manifests for w/e new threat. So if you're gonna say Superman > , you can't be talking about the current Superman. Bring up sun dipped Superman or at least Prime.
Looked up Superboy Prime vs Sentry threads.

Your dude is taking a battering.
laugh.gif

Last edited:
Actually I'm more than clear on what Franklin has done and is capable of (it's basically he can do anything he can imagine) but there isn't any destroying the Sentry :lol: That's been established in continuity for the Sentry.

He doesn't need to destroy him though. He can place him in a pocket universe where he lives the same day over and over again. He can rearrange him on a molecular. Like you said, he can do ANYTHING he imagines. Even if he can't "destroy" Sentry, he can take over his mind (which I think you'd agree is pretty fragile) or simply place him in a different dimension. He's on level with the Celestials. Sentry doesn't stand a chance.

A lot of tom foolery in here

I find it hard how someone who lost to Bane and The Joker could defeat Tony Stark.

:lol: @ the thought of Batman and his military equipment taking on Ironman

People think that just because Bats has a suit that its A STRONG as Tony's.

And as far as Ironman vs Hulk a few pages back...

View media item 358959View media item 358960View media item 358961

Lets not get ahead of ourselves....

There are some things Tony nor Bruce can defeat.

A better battle would be Silver Surfer vs Supes.

Oh yeah, and everyone cut it out with all the "prep tim this" and "prep time that"

You know good as well that if Stark came and started tearing down Gotham, Bruce would have no prep time. Tony's advantage is, he can prep while in battle. Jarvis could find solutions for him while in battle. THAT is what gives Stark the upper hand. He's ready at any moment. His suit is built into.

Thats like saying "Goku could beat Broly if he had 3 years to train". Yeah sure, he COULD. But Broly grows stronger the longer he fights and the angrier he gets.

That puts a flaw in your "training time"

If you give Stark enough time he could build a "bat zapper", hell... Dude could probably build a miniature Nuke that would turn Gotham into ground zero.

So stop with the prep time nonsense. Bruce Wayne isn't the only person who can come up with an effective plan with 10 minutes.

Superboy Prime>>>>>anything in here.

Where does World War Hulk rank for y'all?

WW Hulk is damn strong. He killed the illuminati. I would put him somewhere near Surfer.

goku would murder superman ez

Church.

Goku beats all.

I SAID ALL! No exceptions.

:lol:

Last edited:
what has this thread become? The I know more about fictional heros than you thread.!

OP just set up a poll and lets vote to decide once and for all.  Everyone has already made every possible point about bat/iron man

what has this thread become? The I know more about fictional heros than you thread.!

OP just set up a poll and lets vote to decide once and for all.  Everyone has already made every possible point about bat/iron man

But..but....we're having fun :frown:

Go away,

I find it hard how someone who lost to Bane and The Joker could defeat Tony Stark.

Most versions of Joker aren't even fighters so Batman handles him pretty easily. Its his deranged schemes and obsession that only someone who is equally obsessed and deranged can deal with. Bats only problem is that he won't kill him. Joker would have a field day destroying Tony Stark's life especially since the world knows who he is.

Lets set the record straight on Bane. He knew that a direct conflict with the Bat was futile. He released everyone from Arkham and then let Batman go on an exhausting crusade to capture everyone over the course of a few months. Then when he was completely exhausted he broke in and broke him. After that he was pretty much irrelevant. The dude was juiced like crazy man :lol:

Most versions of Joker aren't even fighters so Batman handles him pretty easily. Its his deranged schemes and obsession that only someone who is equally obsessed and deranged can deal with. Bats only problem is that he won't kill him. Joker would have a field day destroying Tony Stark's life especially since the world knows who he is.

In the Injustice story, Superman accuses Batman of liking the Joker, and he only keeps him alive because of the Car and Mouse games that they play. Batman has no comment.

It really isn't. SS has energy manipulation and absorption, he can suck all the yellow sun energy from Supermans body and convert it to his own energy and simply become stronger. He can manipulate matters, probably make Supermans suit or insides into Kryptonite energy thus killing him.

Then I don't see why you keep posting the wrong thing or maybe you're not aware what > and , you can't be talking about the current Superman. Bring up sun dipped Superman or at least Prime.

Looked up Superboy Prime vs Sentry threads.

Your dude is taking a battering. :lol:
He's not my boy. I'm just stating the facts from the comics. That's why I brought up Prime. They had a whole event over at DC basically dedicated to show how much of a badass he was and how ridiculously powerful he was with no weaknesses. No kryptonite problem, barely any magic problem, and he survived living in the speed force. Took two Supermen to get close to beating him.
Actually I'm more than clear on what Franklin has done and is capable of (it's basically he can do anything he can imagine) but there isn't any destroying the Sentry :lol: That's been established in continuity for the Sentry.

He doesn't need to destroy him though. He can place him in a pocket universe where he lives the same day over and over again. He can rearrange him on a molecular. Like you said, he can do ANYTHING he imagines. Even if he can't "destroy" Sentry, he can take over his mind (which I think you'd agree is pretty fragile) or simply place him in a different dimension. He's on level with the Celestials. Sentry doesn't stand a chance.
He can't destroy him so it's not about need. First off Franklin Richards is a child, he is not a master of his powers and he has not even trained enough for you to be talking like his pocket dimensions are prisons cuz they're not. All of the heroes that "died" in Onslaught escaped it and when Doom stayed behind he managed to teleport the entire planet to his reality. So it would not matter if he shunted Sentry to a pocket dimension, he'd eventually get out. Also since Franklin is not skilled in constructing pocket dimensions that are identical to his actual reality there isn't a chance that Sentry is going to be fooled in to living the same day over and over again.

If he rearranged his molecules Sentry would just rearrange them back. This is what I'm talking about knowing what Sentry is capable of. Sentry was manipulating molecules before he even knew he could. He got blown up and brought himself back then later on he faced Molecule Man, you know super villain that's the actual master of molecules and defeated him, not even through skill just by his sheer will and superior control over molecules.

Franklin could try to mind control Sentry but again he's not skilled in doing that either so it's not going to last, he's a child not Prof. X. We're not even talking about a fight here. You're just saying Franklin could control him and tell him to go away or something. If he put him in another dimension, Sentry would just travel through the multiverse and go back home like he did in Age of Sentry.

Only person that was shown to be on the level of Celestials was future Franklin and even then he needed to make Galactus his herald cuz he's one of the cosmic being that can face celestials and Sentry already beat Galactus by himself so......

The Iron/Bat talk is pretty much done. It's pretty clear ppl who want Bat to win want to give him enough prep time and strip Tony of his suit cuz they think he's helpless without it. What's going on now aint bad at all, still a vs. thread, still about comicbook characters.

Last edited:

Lets set the record straight on Bane. He knew that a direct conflict with the Bat was futile. He released everyone from Arkham and then let Batman go on an exhausting crusade to capture everyone over the course of a few months. Then when he was completely exhausted he broke in and broke him. After that he was pretty much irrelevant. The dude was juiced like crazy man :lol:

My point in that though, is that Ironman wouldn't waste any time with those fools. He'd just kill them. Much like Batman. If Stark went ape **** and attacked Gotham, he wouldn't hesitate to murk Bruce on sight.

In an on sight match, Bruce has no prep time. He has no idea who Tony is, so he wouldn't know how to handle the fight.

Tony on the other hand doesn't need to know who bruce is. His suit can break down all of Bruce's equipment and tell Tony what he needs to know to defeat him. Bruce needs intel and experience to reflect back on before handling the situation.

Essentially, Tony needs no prep time or handicaps. Bruce does.

All Batman fans bail him out with excuses and what he's done in the past. Tony on the other hand doesn't need that.

Tony has all of the tools he needs at all times. And if you do give him prep time, he'll come back with a stronger, faster, more powerful suit. Something you weren't prepping for.

We all know how Tony is. He has a garage of suits. Each for different battles.

It'll go down like how Vegeta killed Android 19... Android 19 only had intel and information on Vegeta's past encounter on earth... He had no idea that Vegeta had new tricks the next time he came back.

Stark would handle Bruce the same way.

It really isn't. SS has energy manipulation and absorption, he can suck all the yellow sun energy from Supermans body and convert it to his own energy and simply become stronger. He can manipulate matters, probably make Supermans suit or insides into Kryptonite energy thus killing him.

Hey, I was TRYING to give Supes the benefit of the doubt. :lol:

I already knew SS had the ability to do so, but I was trying to give someone in this thread some hope for DC comics :lol:

Last edited:
Not all of Iron Man's suits are for battle guys....

He doesn't have to adjust that much :lol:

A lot of them are made for scientific exploration.m

I may have missed the pages but Iron Man can't beat Hulk. The Hulkbuster armor was never actually successful. It's not beating the Hulk if you get him to revert to being Banner.

What happened in WWH with Tony's new armor was cuz he had help from the Sentry and again he used a technology to revert Hulk to Banner, He never actually beat him.

I may have missed the pages but Iron Man can't beat Hulk. The Hulkbuster armor was never actually successful. It's not beating the Hulk if you get him to revert to being Banner.

What happened in WWH with Tony's new armor was cuz he had help from the Sentry and again he used a technology to revert Hulk to Banner, He never actually beat him.

What about before WWH where Iron Man had to beat Hulk? He was in normal armoir for that i believe. Hulkbuster was made during world war hulk. What I was saying ; if you put tony in the hulk buster, batman wouldn't stand a chance.

He's not my boy. I'm just stating the facts from the comics. That's why I brought up Prime. They had a whole event over at DC basically dedicated to show how much of a badass he was and how ridiculously powerful he was with no weaknesses. No kryptonite problem, barely any magic problem, and he survived living in the speed force. Took two Supermen to get close to beating him.
He can't destroy him so it's not about need. First off Franklin Richards is a child, he is not a master of his powers and he has not even trained enough for you to be talking like his pocket dimensions are prisons cuz they're not. All of the heroes that "died" in Onslaught escaped it and when Doom stayed behind he managed to teleport the entire planet to his reality. So it would not matter if he shunted Sentry to a pocket dimension, he'd eventually get out. Also since Franklin is not skilled in constructing pocket dimensions that are identical to his actual reality there isn't a chance that Sentry is going to be fooled in to living the same day over and over again.

If he rearranged his molecules Sentry would just rearrange them back. This is what I'm talking about knowing what Sentry is capable of. Sentry was manipulating molecules before he even knew he could. He got blown up and brought himself back then later on he faced Molecule Man, you know super villain that's the actual master of molecules and defeated him, not even through skill just by his sheer will and superior control over molecules.

Franklin could try to mind control Sentry but again he's not skilled in doing that either so it's not going to last, he's a child not Prof. X. We're not even talking about a fight here. You're just saying Franklin could control him and tell him to go away or something. If he put him in another dimension, Sentry would just travel through the multiverse and go back home like he did in Age of Sentry.

Only person that was shown to be on the level of Celestials was future Franklin and even then he needed to make Galactus his herald cuz he's one of the cosmic being that can face celestials and Sentry already beat Galactus by himself so......
The Iron/Bat talk is pretty much done. It's pretty clear ppl who want Bat to win want to give him enough prep time and strip Tony of his suit cuz they think he's helpless without it. What's going on now aint bad at all, still a vs. thread, still about comicbook characters.

First off, we have NO idea of the conditions Sentry defeated Galactus is in. The battle was off-panel and Galactus could have been in a hungered state. We've seen other characters beat Galactus while hungered, but at full power he wipes the floor with Sentry completely. Furthermore, Adult FR resurrected Galactus, yes, but used his own power to kill some of the Celestials. So although he needed Galactus for help, he took out his own fair share by himself.

Second, Franklin IS on par with the Celestials. He created Counter-Earth and the only reason the heroes were allowed to leave was because it was part of his deal with Ashema. I can't find the scans myself, but he has been said to be as strong as or stronger than the Celestials multiple times. But you're right, Franklin is a child who does not have full control over his powers, meaning he can do drastic things if hurt or surprised. That's basically how he created his pocket universe. As soon as Sentry does anything malevolent towards him he will change reality so that he'll beat him. Scans to prove his power is on level with Celestials. Even if the Celestial is lower ranking, they are most likely more powerful than Sentry.

View media item 359043
View media item 359044
So really, if we don't take Galactus's defeat at the hands of Sentry (which we really have no real info of right now because it's word of mouth from Spiderman and we have no idea if Galactus was full power or not) into consideration, Sentry really doesn't have much of a chance.

In the Injustice story, Superman accuses Batman of liking the Joker, and he only keeps him alive because of the Car and Mouse games that they play. Batman has no comment.

That was hinted in Death of the Family as well.

So you don't think tony would kill the joker if put in the situation?

Tony would have to deduce his schemes first. Joker isn't just gonna show up and try and fight dude that has never been his style. Pepper would probably be dead then he would kill Joker :lol:

First off, we have NO idea of the conditions Sentry defeated Galactus is in. The battle was off-panel and Galactus could have been in a hungered state. We've seen other characters beat Galactus while hungered, but at full power he wipes the floor with Sentry completely. Furthermore, Adult FR resurrected Galactus, yes, but used his own power to kill some of the Celestials. So although he needed Galactus for help, he took out his own fair share by himself.

Second, Franklin IS on par with the Celestials. He created Counter-Earth and the only reason the heroes were allowed to leave was because it was part of his deal with Ashema. I can't find the scans myself, but he has been said to be as strong as or stronger than the Celestials multiple times. But you're right, Franklin is a child who does not have full control over his powers, meaning he can do drastic things if hurt or surprised. That's basically how he created his pocket universe. As soon as Sentry does anything malevolent towards him he will change reality so that he'll beat him. Scans to prove his power is on level with Celestials. Even if the Celestial is lower ranking, they are most likely more powerful than Sentry.

View media item 359043
View media item 359044
So really, if we don't take Galactus's defeat at the hands of Sentry (which we really have no real info of right now because it's word of mouth from Spiderman and we have no idea if Galactus was full power or not) into consideration, Sentry really doesn't have much of a chance.
Son, how you gonna say we don't know if Galactus was hungry or not when Sentry beat him and then say Galactus would beat him if he was full? :lol: Where is the logic in your statement? How do you know Galactus wasn't at full power when Sentry beat him?

As for Franklin is a child and can do drastic things if Sentry gets violent that's all bull ****. This is just like the Superman and Batman thread. If Sentry is aiming to kill Franklin (and that's more likely than Superman wanting to kill) he'd swoop down and take Franklin's head off before he knew what happened. This is not to ignore the fact that currently Franklin does not have any of his powers, he's locked them away as told by his parents & future self and needs to be in a special room to use them unless he's allowed to use them elsewhere. Most of the time now when danger happens Franklin has to run in to a safe room with his sister when trouble starts. So the way I see it Sentry is much more likely to kill Franklin than Franklin is to harm him.

This whole Sentry "most likely" can't beat celestials is just guess work by you to try and say he can't beat Franklin simply cuz Sentry hasn't been shown to beat them yet and only future Franklin has. I shot down all those other scenarios you put forth and now your left with talking about celestials that you have no evidence that Sentry can not beat and talk about future Franklin's accomplishments.

There's a difference between current Franklin and future Franklin. I don't get how you can talk about the actions of one and apply it to the current child version.

Last edited:
Son, how you gonna say we don't know if Galactus was hungry or not when Sentry beat him and then say Galactus would beat him if he was full? :lol: Where is the logic in your statement? How do you know Galactus wasn't at full power when Sentry beat him?

As for Franklin is a child and can do drastic things if Sentry gets violent that's all bull ****. This is just like the Superman and Batman thread. If Sentry is aiming to kill Franklin (and that's more likely than Superman wanting to kill) he'd swoop down and take Franklin's head off before he knew what happened. This is not to ignore the fact that currently Franklin does not have any of his powers, he's locked them away as told by his parents & future self and needs to be in a special room to use them unless he's allowed to use them elsewhere. Most of the time now when danger happens Franklin has to run in to a safe room with his sister when trouble starts. So the way I see it Sentry is much more likely to kill Franklin than Franklin is to harm him.

This whole Sentry "most likely" can't beat celestials is just guess work by you to try and say he can't beat Franklin simply cuz Sentry hasn't been shown to beat them yet and only future Franklin has. I shot down all those other scenarios you put forth and now your left with talking about celestials that you have no evidence that Sentry can not beat and talk about future Franklin's accomplishments.

There's a difference between current Franklin and future Franklin. I don't get how you can talk about the actions of one and apply it to the current child version.

Fair enough, I can't say Galactus could beat him if he was full. I'm just saying most of the time Galactus was beaten by lower level heroes (below Universe warping) it was when he was hungry. He very well could have been full, but I HIGHLY doubt that, and I think trusting Spiderman's testimony when he's not one of the go-to space heroes is dubious at best.

Furthermore, look at the scans I posted. Celestial shoots lasers at Franklin with intention to kill him and he not only has the presence of mind to block them, but he changes the beam to FLOWERS. I'm not saying he can do drastic things as a cop out, I'm saying when Sentry comes at him with intent to kill he's going to nullify whatever attacks he's going to do. The scans above are not Adult Franklin btw.

Also, just because his parents put him in a safe room doesn't mean he's not a threat. He's ABOVE omega-level. Sue and Reed put him in there because he hasn't controlled his powers yet--this doesn't mean he won't--and hasn't--used his powers when he is in danger or when he feels strongly about something. If anything, them putting him in the safe room is protecting the universe as much as it is protecting him. Sentry comes at him with killing intent and Sentry is sent to a world of rainbows and sunshine.

I'm saying Sentry can't beat the Celestials because we haven't seen him do anything to indicate that he would be able to face the Celestials yet. And don't say Galactus because, like I said, we have no idea what the conditions of that fight are. There's really no evidence to say he's at their level at all, whereas with Franklin we can clearly see he matches up to them, even if they are not the most powerful Celestials.

Back
Top Bottom