Bay Area NTers...Need Your Input Thnx

Man this is good info.
I dont want to spend more that $2000/month on rent. I am only going to rent...had a bad experience buying a home plus cant afford it in The Bay anyway. I will be working close to the San Jose Airport.
if you're working nearby to mineta, try sunnyvale or campbell. 

I
Stay in North San Jose if you can. you have easy access to everything, and it's not ghetto. and not over priced. and that is where the airport is. 
traffic is bad here, in the morning, everyone is trying to get into San jose, and in the evening everyone is leaving san jose. i work around the area and live in north san jose. 

other places worth looking, "milpitas & fremont" you could also look into "Alviso" its a small town outside of milpitas and san jose. close to the new niners stadium. there is two versions of the east side. the side that is referred to as "ESSJ" or "Evergreen area", so when people say "East Side" find out what area they are talking about. you dont want the ESSJ side unless you are about that life. the "Evergreen" area is the area you wont be able to afford. South San Jose is really far and youll be in traffic all the time. I don't know much about west san jose. 
what kind of an area are you coming from so its easier to situate it?

I have lived in DC, Denver, Santa Fe NM, and LA. Coming from LA now. Outside LA there are still cool neighborhoods where they BBQ and have the jumpers outside and people still say hello to each other. I think richer area are where people dont talk to each other and shut their garage door. Wealthier usually means older too. We would like a house but an apartment is cool. It always seems that when I rent an apartment i find out later i coulda had a free standing house for the same price.

Last edited:
ESSJ isn't that bad, especially around the Evergreen Area. Places like Aborn and White Road, Tully and Flint, etc. My parent's house would have been perfect for you since they have it up for rent, but sadly, they're putting it up for sale soon. It's in ESSJ, but up in Tully Road area, close to the mountains, Tully Rd/Ruby.

East side SJ was hood 15 years ago before tons of engineers built their homes there. My parents live in the hilly area past Silver Creek High where every house is 1.2 mil+ and it's nothing but well off Vietnamese and Indian people. The worst parts of east side SJ are low income, not hood. I'm out there at 3-4am all the time to get food without any trouble

Last edited:
Fremonts starting to get expensive but you can still find deals. All the crappy apartments in Fremont have been repainted and they raised the prices. My boy just rented a 4bed 2 bath townhome here for $1800 a month and my other friend has a 3 bed 2 bath apartment for $1500.

Back
Top Bottom