Besides the obvious in Beasley, Rose .. who else do you think will have a great NBA career?

nba_anderson_ryan_195.jpg

RYAN ANDERSON

I'm just not buying Kevin Love as an NBA star. He can stay one more year in college, but it won't help. He is 6'9" and has zero elevation.He's Nick Collison, at best.

Originally Posted by dmbrhs

I'm just not buying Kevin Love as an NBA star. He can stay one more year in college, but it won't help. He is 6'9" and has zero elevation. He's Nick Collison, at best.

i agree, i dont see him becoming an all star but when some other NTer compared him to brad miller, after watchin him play, i thought that was very goodcomparison

Originally Posted by FeelMode

And OJ's game needs some fine tuning , ill be the first to admit, BUT his natural talent is going to give him a chance. He also needs to stick around another year to get his game ready as well IMO.

How funny... I was just telling some friends, don't be surprised if Mayo doesn't come out. I'm expecting it, as well as EVERYONE else in theworld, but it wouldn't be a shocker to me if he didn't.
Originally Posted by TheHealthInspector

its wierd cause one of the things i ask myself is - what is this guy? i mean, i know hes got tons of talent but i dont know what he is in terms of the nba. is he a 1 or a 2? is he too undersized for the 2? i think so, does he have enough pg skills for the next level? i dont know, im sure people want to say that hes the next allen iverson in terms of that undersized combo 1/2 who will be a star but i dont know, iverson was a rarity for the last generation

laugh.gif
That was another topic of discussion... 1 or 2? Or just like Gilbert?

And to answer the question:
GREAT:
Mayo
Augustin

SOLID:
CDR
Dorsey
Westbrook
Love
Hansbrough

Love will have a long career as will Hansbrough.

OJ will be fine.

Rose will be nice.

didn't get to see enough of Bayless.

don't expect much from Lawson.

and Dfresh, i don't know why the stoneface for Calethes, kid can play. big gaurd, lead the league in assists i think. had a triple-double the other nighttoo.

wildKYcat do you think pat patterson is declaring this year and if he doesn't how good do you think he could be

i didn't get a chance to really see him

also another guy that has talent but idk if he can do it because of his size is jai lucas. he's 5"11 120 pounds

i still think mayo will be the best out of this group. the way he played in the first round v. KS was very under control. as he continues to learn, he'lldominate.

beasley ain't gonna get off. rebounds and scores with ease like he does in the college game. he got like 10 of his pts off off. reboudns and putbacks v.USC. but he'll be a star though.

I don't really know about great, but these guy will be good.

Joe Alexander- I think he is underrated a bit and if he can learn how to shoot. He could have a good career.

Joey Dorsey- Ben Wallace type of guy

James Hardin

Patrick Patterson

Corey Fisher

Jamont Gordon

Marreese Speights

Originally Posted by redstorm24

wildKYcat do you think pat patterson is declaring this year and if he doesn't how good do you think he could be

i didn't get a chance to really see him

also another guy that has talent but idk if he can do it because of his size is jai lucas. he's 5"11 120 pounds

Pat's staying, he's done said. but if he played 4 years he could be one of the best players in UK history, seriously. he was only like 40 pointsfrom Rex Chapman's freshman scoring record before he got hurt. but dude's an absolute work-horse.

and Jai Lucas wishes he was 5'11"

Mayo will be a star in the NBA,
Curry- is just another shooter, probably be a decent bench player. that it.

I mean really you guys all named pretty good players. But its gonna come down to them getting lucky with the right team and right system.

mayo should stay another year so he has a shot at going #1. since grade 7 or 8 he has been ranked at #1 for his age group. i would just stay be the man of thecampus, hit up some more groupies and try for the #1 spot in 09. beasley is pretty much a lock right now for the #1.

Question for the NT analysts: Is Joe Alexander lacking the finesse for the 3 and the size for the 4? This guy is athletic as all hell though.

And why hasnt Mario Chalmers been brought up? At 6'1 he's small as all hell but this guy can do a lot on the court, and has the most underrated defensefor that Kansas squad. Thoughts?

Oh and I can see Stephen Curry being a lot like Daniel Gibson, someone who would be perfect on the Lakers / Cavaliers that you could give open looks for the 3.

Originally Posted by D723

I think Thabeet has the ability to be immediately good with his defensive presence .. And I still feel like OJ can become a superstar in the L.

Thoughts?

wow...EXACTLY my thoughts...
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

thabeet just needs to improve his offensive presence.

Originally Posted by Roscoe P Wallace

Won't pan out in the league, AKA Bust Bucket
Thabeet has always struck me as too lazy

I think Hibberts touch and footwork will be negated by his lack of athleticism

Love just seems to find a way in college.... but so did Corliss Williamson.

I'm sorry, Corliss wasn't the player he was in college but he was not a scrub in the league by any standard. He had a solid career plus a 6thman award.

Originally Posted by Clutchshooter

overrated:

oj = larry hughes at best.

gordon

big roy

guys who wil have solid careers:
sherron collins.
mario chalmers.
brook lopez.
darren collison.
hasheem thabeet.
jerryd bayless.
tyler hansbrough
dj augustin
kyle weaver.
jeff adrien.

pimp.gif
this man knows the game of basketball.

DJ Augistin is legit. Watching the game last night, he ran the game! he's got the speed needed for the NBA.
Thabeet seems soft still. He can block of course cuz his height, but that won't get you anything in the league.

Back
Top Bottom