Best Fighting Game? Vol: Ever?

Originally Posted by Ahyoon Chef

Shaq-Fu...
laugh.gif

tekken is my favorite but it gets bashed on so much because its so user friendly

Samurai Shodown II
Mortal Kombat II
Mortal Kombat Trilogy
Street Fighter II (All iterations)
Street Fighter IV
Soul Calibur 3
Rival Schools
Primal Rage
MvC2

I never had a gaming system growing up (no Genesis or SNES), only a Gameboy. I was stuck playing Mortal Kombat II on that, but I remember it being a lot offun, so that gets my vote.

Mortal Kombat II > Street Fighter II>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Rest

Originally Posted by solemunchies

Originally Posted by Uptempo kid

3rd-strike-poster1.jpg
pimp.gif
cosign

i love street fighter so yea i also cosign. lots of runner ups tho.

tekken 3 really set it off back in the day as far as early 3d fighters.
virtua fighter 5...

dreamcast killed it with marvel vs capcom 2 and soul calibur.

smh @ dudes sayin ssb. tekken tag blows. tekken 5 is fire (christie is the best)

Originally Posted by RetroXIII

Image34_01.jpg

This is easily the best fighting game together with...

250px-Vampire_Savior_flyer.jpg

These 2 games require years of skill, dexterity, reaction timing and other character awareness....ie. a noob CANNOT beat an expert whatsoever at either ofthese. Anyone whos been to the arcades in Japan knows whats up....

I'd arguably put the King of Fighters 98 in the top bracket too...games beast at high levels.

Originally Posted by HarlemKickDiva

Originally Posted by sn00pee

Originally Posted by jae oh en
i remember beating that in the arcades
pimp.gif

Tekken will always reign supreme. Killer instinct was also good though.

Yo I thought no1 would remember this, I still remember the commands to make B. Orchid do her finisher...lol

Tekken to me will always be the best tho.....still love Street Fighter 2 tho....
co-sign...cinder is my player in killer instinct btw
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by BostonThreeParty

mortal kombat arcade
/thread

SMH @ this and anyone who says Mortal Kombat. It's the most overrated piece of trash ever. All characters are basically the same character except for 3-4special moves.

My personal favorites:

Street Fighter 2
Street Fighter 4
Marvel Vs Capcom 2
Garou: Mark of the Wolves
Killer Instinct 1 (Arcade)
Samurai Shodown 2
Tekken 4 - People think this is the worst Tekken, but I think it's the best

Killer Instinct arcade might hit Xbox Live Arcade at one point.

Originally Posted by Stay Lurkin

I played tekken 6 in Japan on the arcade and man...........It is a must copp

Hmm, 7 out of 10 in this review doesn't exactly scream "must copp":

tekken6gamestm1.jpg

Originally Posted by Xtapolapacetl

Originally Posted by BostonThreeParty

mortal kombat arcade
/thread

SMH @ this and anyone who says Mortal Kombat. It's the most overrated piece of trash ever. All characters are basically the same character except for 3-4 special moves.

My personal favorites:

Street Fighter 2
Street Fighter 4
Marvel Vs Capcom 2
Samurai Shodown 2

You were doing so well until you got to the last 3 on your list....

Killer Instinct is fun but is a 1 player game - Eyedol & Cinder beat everyone else for free
laugh.gif

Samurai Showdown 2 is miles better, until you fight a good Ukyo then you'll never win a game
frown.gif

Tekken 4 is TRASH, anyone who plays Tekken knows this is the worst one....terrible game play, broken unpunishable moves and Jin is practically unbeatable inexpert hands (JFLS was the best move in Tekken existence, he has the best parry, wall game and ground low attack in D+4).
In one tournament the top 8 placings were Jin, Jin, Jin, Jin, Jin, Steve, Nina, Jin...c'mon now
smh.gif
smh.gif

On a side note.....Street Fighter 3 Third Strike >>>>>>>>>Street Fighter 4, its not even close

Originally Posted by ittakesalittlebitmore

Xtapolapacetl wrote:

BostonThreeParty wrote:

mortal kombat arcade
/thread

SMH @ this and anyone who says Mortal Kombat. It's the most overrated piece of trash ever. All characters are basically the same character except for 3-4 special moves.

My personal favorites:

Street Fighter 2
Street Fighter 4
Marvel Vs Capcom 2
Samurai Shodown 2

You were doing so well until you got to the last 3 on your list....

Killer Instinct is fun but is a 1 player game - Eyedol & Cinder beat everyone else for free
laugh.gif

Samurai Showdown 2 is miles better, until you fight a good Ukyo then you'll never win a game
frown.gif

Tekken 4 is TRASH, anyone who plays Tekken knows this is the worst one....terrible game play, broken unpunishable moves and Jin is practically unbeatable in expert hands (JFLS was the best move in Tekken existence, he has the best parry, wall game and ground low attack in D+4).
In one tournament the top 8 placings were Jin, Jin, Jin, Jin, Jin, Steve, Nina, Jin...c'mon now
smh.gif
smh.gif

On a side note.....Street Fighter 3 Third Strike >>>>>>>>>Street Fighter 4, its not even close

Come on man, all games have some cheap characters. For example, in MvC2 if someone good picks Cable and Juggernaut to do the cheap assist for him and someoneelse cheap as the third player, and just camps in the corner with Cable and fires at you and uses the cheap Juggernaut assist, you don't have a chance.It's mad annoying.

Tekken 4 is definitely not trash and for me, personally it's way more fun with the environment/backgrounds being a factor than the flat endless backgroundsin other Tekken games.

Back
Top Bottom