best rice cooker/steamer?

Anyone have a :pimp: kanji/congee recipe? I'm talking about the over cooked rice soup. I'm sure it's all over Asia under many different names.

U tombout Arroz Caldo pimpin' ?

Been making this the past week at work. Congee with shrimp, yam, ginger and kimchi on the skewer. The shrimp have a dashi marinade. Not cooked in a rice cooker obviously. I'm terrible at food pics.

View media item 1311886For sticky rice it should never touch water after it's initial soak. Then I just throw it in a steamer basket old school and it's done. @jthagreat that's at least how I was taught to do sticky rice. Throw a pinch of salt in the water when you soak it. :pimp:

Last edited:
I was all about the super fancy rice cooker until I got married. My wife and I started using a stone bowl on the stove and haven't looked back! 

ILC303-1.gif
:lol:

sorry to grave dig, thinking about copping that Zoji pressure cooker joint for $300 (retail is like $500)

anyone have it?

man i bought a $30 joint at target which came out to like $12 with that $20 dollar jig from last year

been clutch for me

My mom brought back a Zojirushi pressure rice cooker from Japan a couple years ago to replace our old one. Think it was around $200. 5.5 cups.

Model number is NP-YA10.

All the rice cookers my fam has owned have been Zojirushi's though.

I took the old one down to college. It was like 15 years old :lol: These things are tanks/buy it for life.

we have a small 3cup Zojirushi, and hands down the best rice cooker ever. Does white/brown rice. Also has a "quick" setting, where rice is done in approx 12-15min. When in warm mode, rice doesn't get all dry like them other cookers even after 2 days.
Yup, it's legit.

Back
Top Bottom