Better Call Saul Season Thread - Season Six - April 18th

As soon as I heard that bell and saw the silhouette in the door of the diner in quick succession, I thought of Salamanca

tumblr_lmj86hBQo31qe8u4ho1_500.jpg

Maaaaaaan **** chuck
**** hhm
**** Kim for losing faith in jimmy
**** that 2 year law girl who all over jimmy back
**** jimmy's current bosses
Dude ain't never out here tryna hurt nobody
But folks always hating on dude

[quote name="had pants"][quote name="rck3sactown"]As soon as I heard that bell and saw the silhouette in the door of the diner in quick succession, I thought of Salamanca[/quote]
tumblr_lmj86hBQo31qe8u4ho1_500.jpg
[/quote]WHHHHAAAAAAATTTTTT???!?!?!!! :wow:

*mind: blown*

"You've got animals in there. I can hear 'em!"

:lol:

Son had a penguin in the fridge. :lol:

I want to smack the **** out of anybody who is glad they made basically the whole last episode about Kim. This ***** needs to get kidnapped by Nacho or die quickly in order to give this show some damn juice.

I want to smack the **** out of anybody who is glad they made basically the whole last episode about Kim. This ***** needs to get kidnapped by Nacho or die quickly in order to give this show some damn juice.
This show doesn't have it though. I'm still watch waiting. But still not really feeling it. 

This show doesn't have it though. I'm still watch waiting. But still not really feeling it. 

It's ridiculous...I keep watching each week waiting for SOMETHING to happen. This is a damn glorified soap opera right now, this isn't what I'm tuning in for. I have no idea how we went from a great first season to this crap. The only exciting things about this season has been when there's been Breaking Bad references, a couple funny things that have happened including the interrogation room scene and a couple different events involving Mike.

I hear ya, this may be something later, or it may be a throw away line. But we all know, nothing is throw away for Vince and co. :lol:

Chuck added more, Jimmy cried and cried after his dad's death. Chuck insinuates he feels guilt for stealing the 14K.

IF that were true, that would have snapped Jimmy to change. To honor his father. To change what his life had become, atone for what he did to his father.

He cared enough to change for Chuck, I'm to believe he wouldn't fix himself if he had wronged his father?

I don't buy that.

He worked at his father's store all that time, he cried when he died, but wouldn't change to make up for it?

But does for Chuck, over ******** in some douche bags sunroof?

Don't add up.
He said he discovered 14k missing, implied Jimmy took it, their dad wouldn't entertain the idea Jimmy took it, he's forced to sell at some point, 6 months after selling he dies, Jimmy's crying like a baby at the funeral.

Now if Jimmy did steal it, that has nothing to do with crying at your dad's funeral. Chuck just said it as if Jimmy was laying it on thick with the tears at the funeral. Doesn't mean Jimmy thinks taking the money caused his pop's death either.

If you think Chuck is lying, he'd come up with a better lie than Jimmy felt guilty but still didn't change. If you think he's lying you probably shouldn't put any stock in how the funeral went down.
I don't think Zik is understanding what dudes are saying here.
I don't think so but go on.

The way Chuck told the story to Kim....he made it seem like Jimmy was a completely untrustworthy dude that would do something as low as steal $14k from his hard working Dad who trusts and loves him. In Chuck's POV.....Jimmy is an untrustworthy dude at his core nature. This is what he wants to drive home to Kim who feels burned by Jimmy as well...even tho Jimmy's clear "intention" was not at all malicious or to hurt Kim.
I'm with you on this for the most part.
Jimmy, even as a con artist was a very loyal and good natured person. He works the "grey area" a lot....but never intentionally wrongs the people that are close to him. Dude is the definition of a lovable loser. It could very well be that a younger and more naive Jimmy saw an opportunity to invest his fathers money...grow the business and make his pops proud (without giving discretion).....and it failed. The same way that he ran the commercial without the "OK".
Well just like you said Jimmy doesn't intend to hurt family or friends when he does his scheming and cons. That scenario is very reasonable. Either way that would count as theft though it's just he thought he'd be able to double the money or w/e and give it back to his dad without him knowing.

So if you think this could've happened then at least you'd agree with me that Jimmy is capable of doing this.

Chuck....is jealous of Jimmy's charm and likeability. Chuck also sees himself as a morally upstanding, by the rule book guy....so out of spite and his own nature, he will never try to UNDERSTAND why Jimmy does the things that he does. Even if it's reasonable to us, it isn't reasonable to chuck....or even the guys at HHM. Chuck told the story like Jimmy is a snake that will steal 14k from his own loving father and he ultimately can't be trusted. That's Chucks POV. We know there are two sides of the story. Nothing Jimmy has done...even as "Slippin Jimmy" shows us he could do something malicious like that. We'll find out Jimmy's side eventually.
Well of course Chuck is not gonna tell the story in a light that favors Jimmy. He's telling Kim a tale of caution when it comes to being Jimmy's friend basically saying this is what he's done to his own family. Not to mention Chuck makes it clear he wasn't even around and it was only after coming back from college that he discovers the missing money. So he clearly does not know the details and was not around for Jimmy to sell the idea of why he took the 14k.

I'm not saying Chuck's POV is 100% right and Jimmy callously stole from his father and spent the money on booze and hookers. I'm saying it's not out of Jimmy's nature to take the money at that point in his life at all. He's very capable of it and most likely if it was shown how he went about it I'd probably agree with it. I'm not siding with Chuck on his view of Jimmy just saying that could've happened as said if you just look at the facts of the story and ignore the parts where Chuck brings his negativity to it.

I think this show tries to show how the lines are blurred between what is right and wrong. Chuck does everything "right"...but can still be villainous. Jimmy does things that can be considered "wrong",(like soliciting the old people on the bus, bribing the lady with the Beanie baby, running the ad) but is ultimately helping people.
I agree here. I've said before even in BB there's just two ways to approach this when we were dealing with Hank vs. Walt. Hank is technically 100% in the right but I was not rocking with dude. BCS is even better at playing in that gray area cuz Jimmy isn't changing to be something else he's struggling against his nature. If you look at the world a bit more black and white, Chuck is right about Jimmy for the most part.

dude's watching this show thinking it's going to be breaking bad and being disappointed. you have to watch this show for what it is.
stop watching and go re-watch breaking bad or the wire instead. i'm glad that this show is different.

dude's watching this show thinking it's going to be breaking bad and being disappointed. you have to watch this show for what it is.
stop watching and go re-watch breaking bad or the wire instead. i'm glad that this show is different.

No....you're failing to realize how different this season is compared to Season 1. Last season was awesome and just like Breaking Bad it had you on the edge of your seat waiting for what was going to happen in the next episode. This one I'm waiting every week just for something to happen other than over dramatized BS involving Jimmy and Kim.

it's more character-driven and paced differently. also, i remember in the breaking bad thread (i watched it from season 1 real time - no binge) where similar complaints (they're dragging it out) were made. i agree that kim is not a compelling enough character to warrant that much attention as of now but i'm willing to see it play out. jimmy, on the other hand, mannnn i'm loving every slow-paced detail being revealed about him. it's like the christopher walken story of the watch in pulp fiction - they didn't need to devote a longass scene to why willis had to go back and get the watch, but it made the movie/story that much richer.

S2 of BCS is different than S1 but I wouldn't say it's bad at all.

Plus after ep 1 or 2 I think there was an interview or comments posted with Vince or the show runner or other co-creators saying again if you were expecting this to be the season of Saul you would be mistaken.

I actually like this season better than season 1.
I do appreciate the character development for Jimmy S1 though. I just like to see the supporting characters fleshed out and see what they are thinking/doing. Vince is so great at aligning the pieces and when the times right...checkmate. I like how the entire cast is utilized down to the smallest detail and situation and you see a ripple effect because of it.

plus it makes you miss certain characters when you don't see them for long stretches. I think in that way it's comparable to BB, like when they wouldn't show gus, hank, mike, and even jesse for awhile, you'd be like "WTF are they doing?" but them not being on screen or having scenes was def part of the plan and it shows...great storytelling for sure

I've stalled on my theories just gonna enjoy it for now, maybe season 3-4 come up with some stuff when I actually have a feel for whats going on

Last edited:
I was pissed at the Kim calling around and sticky notes scene. Absolute filler.

We sat thru 6 whole minutes of commercials (I counted) to watch Kim call people for 5 minutes :lol:. That scene was way too long.

Last edited:
I don't mind Kim, not sure how ya'll want her to act when Jimmy's immature, maverick approach is getting her in trouble. It's his thing, but don't mess people up in the process. I'm not a fan of her teenage boy puberty voice though.

RIGHT?! I'm watching 10-15 minutes of NO dialogue. Just Kim with her fart smelling face, crossing off notes on cards and highlighting words. Eff outta here with that. I'd rather watch Mike stare at cars passing through the parking to the courthouse for 50 minutes than watch Kim and her white girl/ first world problems *** self :rofl: :rofl:

Back
Top Bottom