Better Call Saul Season Thread - Season Six - April 18th

Like I said I'm sure Jimmy didn't see it as stealing.

From everything I saw dude do up to now. Takin money from his dad's shop doesn't seem unlikely to me.

Also what you mean the ethics of the ppl he cares about?
laugh.gif
You saying that one ep removed from him screwing over Kim.

You going hard on this Chuck is lying angle like we talking about a guy we know isn't a criminal. That's not Jimmy.
You don't watch the show.

Or you don't understand the subtle hints they've been placing.

Jimmy is a good dude. A Robin Hood type. Taking from his own dad is a blatant **** move, that's not the character they've built.

Plus, he could've robbed those old people at Sandpiper blind. I don't think the thought ever crossed his mind.
Yeah, dude didn't take the money from that dirty politician in season 1 (even though he expressed regrets later) and some people think he'd actually steal from his own dad??
roll.gif

He didn't screw over Kim. She had NOTHING to do with what he was doing. He was trying to impress her by making her think he was kickin ***, he wasn't tryin to get over on her, or take money out her pocket.
What are you talking about?

Kim told Jimmy not to do anything to **** this up because she's the one that vouched for him.

Then Jimmy goes ahead and airs the commercial thinking nothing will go wrong because of all of the new clients earning the anger of the partners, it get backs to Hamlin and she gets totally screwed. How do you miss that that's Jimmy's fault? She doesn't even make it clear that Jimmy lied to her about the commercial just to not throw him under the bus. I don't know what his problem is with her but it's clear what went down.

If you think he stole 14K from his dad, you're completely misreading Jimmy and falling for Chuck's bull ****.
This has more to do with Jimmy and less with Chuck. I think Jimmy is capable of doing this. Going back to Breaking Bad to the entire first season of BCS.

It's not out of the realm of possibility at all.
Which doesn't surprise me one bit. :lol:
I won't ask you to elaborate on this. It often gets tiring.
Like I said I'm sure Jimmy didn't see it as stealing.

From everything I saw dude do up to now. Takin money from his dad's shop doesn't seem unlikely to me.

Also what you mean the ethics of the ppl he cares about? :lol: You saying that one ep removed from him screwing over Kim.

You going hard on this Chuck is lying angle like we talking about a guy we know isn't a criminal. That's not Jimmy.

You don't watch the show.
Or you don't understand the subtle hints they've been placing.
Jimmy is a good dude. A Robin Hood type. Taking from his own dad is a blatant **** move, that's not the character they've built.
:rofl:

I think yall are just forgetting what Jimmy is building towards to.

Robin Hood type? The ****.
Plus, he could've robbed those old people at Sandpiper blind. I don't think the thought ever crossed his mind.
Yall getting confused with the timeline.

Jimmy starts off a screw up, becomes a con-artist with his partner. They scam all kinds of ppl for their own gain. Wife leaves him, ***** in a guy's car while his kids watched and goes to jail. Chuck bails him out and gets him off from doing time. Tells him this is his last chance basically and this is where Jimmy decides to change his life around.

He aims to be a lawyer. Working @ HH&M doesn't work out. This is when he starts putting his con-artist skills and what he's learned as a lawyer to trying to make a name for himself. He's still doing shady **** but he's more on the up and up. This is S1 of this show where he'll use those car accident fraud brothers to get other clients and cuz he has a grudge against Hamlin. When he gets the Sand Piper case it isn't cuz he's trying to help ppl he's regulated to handling wills and ****. He stumbles on it and because he thinks his brother is on his side develops the case in to something huge.

So no he couldn't have robbed those old ppl. They were already being robbed blind. The real money (if he was in it specifically to make bank) was to make the huge case against Sand Piper. Mind you this is coming off giving back the millions from his last client that stole from his company and he only gives it back cuz of his relationship with Chuck and Kim.

Which is why at the end of the season after discovering the truth about Chuck he tells Mike the next opportunity he gets like that he won't pass up. The hang up for S2 is is his continuing relationship with Kim which I won't be surprised if that falls a part eventually.

Last edited:
Yo, that ending.

That reaction said it all.

Also one cool tidbit about the $5000 offer:

A lot of people are thinking that Hector's $5,000 offer was really low, but it wasn't an offer at all. $5,000 was the amount Stacy found in the suitcase and questioned Mike about. It was the money Matty took from the dirty cops. When Hector revealed that he knew Mike was a cop and that they would go easy on him with the gun charge, Mike asked Hector if he was psychic. Hector then responded with the $5,000 figure as a way of saying "I've done my research". Mike is dirty and he knows it.

I thought dude was WW. :lol:
NimbleSpotlessBluewhale.gif

Same waitress:

Last edited:
Are you missing the episode in season 1 when that old lady pulled out that wad of cash? How many older people are like that? He had those old folks wrapped around his finger, he could've talked them into anything.

Being a scam artist and a straight up thief are two different things.

Last edited:
You just kinda ignored everything I said about why Jimmy was there with those old ppl in the first place including what led to that.

:smh:

Forget it.

Yea I can't see Jimmy stealing 14 thousand but not taking the Ketttlemen's up on their offer on some of the stolen money.

I see some of what Zik is saying, but he passes up thousands of dollars IN CASH, but steals from his own father slowly but surely over years?

Naw.

I trust nothing Chuck says about Jimmy.

I didn't ignore anything :lol:

If he was a straight up thief who stole off of his own father, what's stopping him from stealing money from these random old people?

I didn't see that scene as ambiguous or "Is Chuck lying about the money?" Could he be lying? Of course, but I saw that scene not as Chuck manipulating or showing his innate distrust of Jimmy, but giving the characters more backstory and seeing Chuck's POV in regards to Jimmy and their past.

I could imagine Jimmy slowly taking a little bit of money here and there, at first a few hundred for a "business idea" that failed. Another few hundred as a loan to a friend who never paid him back. Another few hundred on vices, etc.

So in this regard, maybe Jimmy never saw it as straight up stealing from his father. Maybe he saw it as investments gone wrong, or that it would be his future business and it wasn't a big deal.

And the Jimmy from the show and the Jimmy from back in the day aren't the same person. So him turning down the money from the Kettleman's doesn't factor in to what he did in the past. Zik explained the timeline and flow of his character very well. 

A bit confused about Kim's scene, what was she doing highlighting/using post-it notes?

Why yall ignoring the flashback scenes in S1 where Jimmy is in jail for Chicago sunroofing dude and Chuck doesn't just bail him out but makes it so he doesn't do time? Jimmy then moves to work at Chuck's firm in the mail room promising that Slippin Jimmy is dead and he's gonna change his ways?

The whole reason he didn't take the Kettleman's offer was cuz of his relationship with Kim and wanting to do good in Chuck's eyes and make him proud. I mean after he finds out it was Chuck that didn't trust or believe in him is why Jimmy tells Mike the next time he has that opportunity he's going to take the money.

What show yall watching? The sequence of events are all laid out in S1 that tells you why Jimmy didn't take the money then.
I see some of what Zik is saying, but he passes up thousands of dollars IN CASH, but steals from his own father slowly but surely over years?

Naw.

I trust nothing Chuck says about Jimmy.
One happened after the other though.

I won't argue with the Chuck is a liar part. He may in fact have lied or not told the whole truth or fudged it or told the truth as he knew it.
I didn't ignore anything :lol:

If he was a straight up thief who stole off of his own father, what's stopping him from stealing money from these random old people?
:lol: Asking this question shows you either completely ignored what I said or don't understand what I said.

Peep the pic/gif timeline to better understand why Jimmy didn't steal from the old ppl especially if you think taking petty cash from old folks is on par with 14k.

I laid it all out in picture form in order of events :lol: :

Slippin Jimmy the con artist

View media item 1952668View media item 1952670

Wife cheats on him and he gets revenge on the guy banging her

View media item 1952671View media item 1952673

Slippin Jimmy gets arrested and makes a promise

View media item 1952676View media item 1952677
aaaf3103-2049-653b-f366-0139946a360e_BCS_103_0709_UC_0017.jpg

View media item 1952679View media item 1952680

Slippin Jimmy changes his ways

View media item 1952683View media item 1952701

Mailroom Jimmy tells Chuck he's going to be a lawyer

View media item 1952709

Mailroom Jimmy loses his job/realizes he has no future @ HH&M thinking it's cuz of Howard

View media item 1952714View media item 1952715View media item 1952716

Jimmy goes solo as a lawyer

View media item 1952719View media item 1952721View media item 1952730View media item 1952732View media item 1952734View media item 1952736View media item 1952737View media item 1952738View media item 1952739

Jimmy loses a friend which sours him a bit on the whole con artist lifestyle prompting him to stay on his path

View media item 1952740View media item 1952706

Jimmy passes on the money (and why)

View media item 1952761View media item 1952759View media item 1952752View media item 1952753View media item 1952764View media item 1952760View media item 1952765View media item 1952766View media item 1952770View media item 1952771View media item 1952772View media item 1952773View media item 1952774

Jimmy learns the truth and changes again

View media item 1952776View media item 1952775View media item 1952777View media item 1952778View media item 1952779

Now if some of yall are still like why didn't he hustle a bunch of old ppl you're ignoring what the show is telling you. Straight up saying ep after ep in S1 that Jimmy was trying to be a better person and lawyer. It's the whole reason ppl were complaining about wanting Jimmy to turn in to Saul right away.

Last edited:
That all makes sense, taking a dump in dudes car, slipping Jimmy, con artist, all line up. But stealin from his own father doesn't line up, at all.

Especially comin from Chuck, TOO Kim.

Chuck to Howard, Chuck to the camera, Chuck to Mike, maybe. But Chuck to Kim seals it for me, he's lying. He's feeding her. We witnessed how he didn't like Jimmy in his own home with his own wife. Clearly we've seen him belittle Jimmy always. No way I buy his story to Jimmy's girl, Chuck's employee.

Not til we hear Jimmy cop to it, or they show proof of it in a flashback.

That all makes sense, taking a dump in dudes car, slipping Jimmy, con artist, all line up. But stealin from his own father doesn't line up, at all.

Especially comin from Chuck, TOO Kim.
Well obviously I can't pluck pics of eps about that yet :lol:

But if anything that happened before he went to jail and Chuck told him that was the last straw. That's like all of his 20s and maybe a good deal of his 30s being Slippin Jimmy. Keeping in mind the money was taken while Chuck was in college but it's not clear if that's undergrad or law school. If it's law school, Jimmy is like in his 20s and is Slippin Jimmy, very capable of doing what Chuck said.

As for this Chuck and Kim thing a lot of yall acting like Jimmy. Chuck don't give a **** about Kim. He aint punish her, he aint try to throw shade or unjustly impede her progress at the firm. That's all Howard and her bad decisions when it comes to Jimmy. It's one thing to say Chuck is bias, jealous, and a hater when it comes to Jimmy but you can't just outright assume Chuck is just a scumbag altogether to everybody. He's never shown her any ill will.

So right now I don't know why Chuck would lie to her about that unless he's so insanely jealous he wants to break them up but it's not even clear he knows they're in a relationship more than friendship.

Chuck to Howard, Chuck to the camera, Chuck to Mike, maybe. But Chuck to Kim seals it for me, he's lying. He's feeding her. We witnessed how he didn't like Jimmy in his own home with his own wife. Clearly we've seen him belittle Jimmy always. No way I buy his story to Jimmy's girl, Chuck's employee.

Not til we hear Jimmy cop to it, or they show proof of it in a flashback.
Well I look forward to this coming back up in the story whether it's Jimmy's side of it or a flashback.

Last edited:
i think in all actuality their dad gave the money to chuck for law school :nerd:
:lol: That would take all the air out of Chuck's story.

He'd feel terrible if that was the truth. The whole time assuming Jimmy stole it.

Chuck's been portrayed as a hard worker that had to work for everything which he has said when comparing himself to Jimmy. I actually think it would be okay to assume Chuck earned a scholarship to Yale or Harvard or wherever he said he got his law degree.

I hear ya, this may be something later, or it may be a throw away line. But we all know, nothing is throw away for Vince and co. :lol:

Chuck added more, Jimmy cried and cried after his dad's death. Chuck insinuates he feels guilt for stealing the 14K.

IF that were true, that would have snapped Jimmy to change. To honor his father. To change what his life had become, atone for what he did to his father.

He cared enough to change for Chuck, I'm to believe he wouldn't fix himself if he had wronged his father?

I don't buy that.

He worked at his father's store all that time, he cried when he died, but wouldn't change to make up for it?

But does for Chuck, over ******** in some douche bags sunroof?

Don't add up.

Maybe jimmy did something to cause chuck's wife to divorce him. This is Chuck's way of getting revenge by making Kim spite him and end their relationship? Who knows, I'm just excited to see it all play out. Loving the show so far.

As soon as I heard that bell and saw the silhouette in the door of the diner in quick succession, I thought of Salamanca

I don't think Zik is understanding what dudes are saying here.

The way Chuck told the story to Kim....he made it seem like Jimmy was a completely untrustworthy dude that would do something as low as steal $14k from his hard working Dad who trusts and loves him. In Chuck's POV.....Jimmy is an untrustworthy dude at his core nature. This is what he wants to drive home to Kim who feels burned by Jimmy as well...even tho Jimmy's clear "intention" was not at all malicious or to hurt Kim.

Jimmy, even as a con artist was a very loyal and good natured person. He works the "grey area" a lot....but never intentionally wrongs the people that are close to him. Dude is the definition of a lovable loser. It could very well be that a younger and more naive Jimmy saw an opportunity to invest his fathers money...grow the business and make his pops proud (without giving discretion).....and it failed. The same way that he ran the commercial without the "OK".

Chuck....is jealous of Jimmy's charm and likeability. Chuck also sees himself as a morally upstanding, by the rule book guy....so out of spite and his own nature, he will never try to UNDERSTAND why Jimmy does the things that he does. Even if it's reasonable to us, it isn't reasonable to chuck....or even the guys at HHM. Chuck told the story like Jimmy is a snake that will steal 14k from his own loving father and he ultimately can't be trusted. That's Chucks POV. We know there are two sides of the story. Nothing Jimmy has done...even as "Slippin Jimmy" shows us he could do something malicious like that. We'll find out Jimmy's side eventually.

I think this show tries to show how the lines are blurred between what is right and wrong. Chuck does everything "right"...but can still be villainous. Jimmy does things that can be considered "wrong",(like soliciting the old people on the bus, bribing the lady with the Beanie baby, running the ad) but is ultimately helping people.

Back
Top Bottom