biggest reality check life gave you.

I'm a good natured humble assertive blunt direct personality.

Women and men feel my stance within an hour of meeting me.

Its easy to make clear that I will not be taken advantage of or disrespected in any way while being a generally nice down to earth person.

You know who taught me to be this way??

The father in my life.....

All you guys chirping in with being "assertive", having "boundaries" and "feeling my stance" I'm betting have no real life experience. Big talk.
Being nice doesn't mean being a pushover or being weak - sometimes it's doing/acting morally while others with less scruples don't. In the real world, people will lie, cheat and steal to get ahead. And when you choose not to act that way, you can get left behind or passed over, simply for living to your personal expectations.
However, there is a lot to be said about laying your head down at night with a clear conscious.

Was #TeamRaw for a minute.

Then my girl hit me with the "I'm late". It was my life was over, my realtionship with my dad was ****, I dunno how to be a dad. I'm not done with school, how I'm I gonna take care of this kid, I'm linkedwith this female for the rest of life. :smh:

I didn't sleep for days. When she hit me up with false alarm direct connect, it was like being born again

Was wildin up at my Community College

View media item 695033

Last edited:
All you guys chirping in with being "assertive", having "boundaries" and "feeling my stance" I'm betting have no real life experience. Big talk.
Being nice doesn't mean being a pushover or being weak - sometimes it's doing/acting morally while others with less scruples don't. In the real world, people will lie, cheat and steal to get ahead. And when you choose not to act that way, you can get left behind or passed over, simply for living to your personal expectations.
However, there is a lot to be said about laying your head down at night with a clear conscious.

Mines on its way as I type 
mean.gif
 I'll be better off for it tho I do know that

Expecting some experience behind a Masters is a given.

have a teflon mind. dont let emotions control you.

Prayformojo could learn from this. Understanding how certain games are played doesn't mean you have to compromise who you are. How much "Bill Gates is an ahole" stories have you heard?

The biggest reality check life gave me is the realization that no one but myself is responsible for the world around me. For a very long time, I always thought friends/family are what is important, but at some point it hit me that unless you can first take care of yourself you are in no position to be a "good person" in the current capital driven world we live in. Being nice, altruistic, and considerate are only positive traits if you combine them with confidence, foresight, an unerring work ethic, and the ability to secure your own future.

At the end of the day, nothing matters. However, until you get to that day, everything matters. Every day you wake up and decide to do what you are doing you establish it as a habit for your life. It is our own responsibility to either pick habits that end us feeling helpless or feeling in control. As Mike Tyson so eloquently puts it, "my world changed when I went from victim to executioner."

Source on the Tyson quote? I like it , wanna use it, but need verification.

General:

Never put ANYTHING past ANYBODY
If you fall in love, you are going to lose some of what you thought were your best homies
Love is a huge risk, period
Doing things alone is extremely efficient

To be honest, graduate school and love have been my biggest reality check. Undergrad I was the man and got away with so much reckless behavior and still flourished to have a great experience that I would not go back and change. Grad school at an elite program has taught me:

-Being yourself may not always win you the popular vote, but it will gain you legitimacy and trust
-Your BRAND can be forever misconceived as one slip up
-At some point, if you BS'in, it will hit the fan
- A lot of people lack courage
-Sometimes your love interest may not match you on the surface, but if you're DEEPEST connection is with that person then she may be the one for you after all
-The older you get, the more that only YOU will know your true life vision, and you have to be the advocate for this even if no one else sees this

So having boundaries yet being assertive equals out to No life experience ??

Getting used or taken advantage of doesnt always happen directly to your face - it goes on behind the scenes, sometimes you are never even aware of it happening. In fact, I would say the overwhelming majority of it happens behind your back.
So acting like you are Mr Tough Guy and being assertive and letting everyone know your boundries is pointless. And that you think if you do those things then no one will screw you over tells me you havent had enough experience yet in dealing with this type of behavior. I hope you never will either - but it is rampant and it is everywhere.

A lot of kids go straight through school with 0 experience. Get their BS (no internships) then go straight to MS (no internships) expecting to get a job after.

Its a given for us ,but for people that don't know how the real world works its not.

Last edited:
Prayformojo could learn from this. Understanding how certain games are played doesn't mean you have to compromise who you are. How much "Bill Gates is an ahole" stories have you heard?
WTH are you taking about? Who said anything about compromising who you are? My point was about NOT compromising who you are, but that others will, just to get ahead.

General:

If you fall in love, you are going to lose some of what you thought were your best homies

I found this one to be the other way around

I lost two good homies to controlling women, who totally warped them and made them shrug homies like me off.

So I took it as these fools weren't built like that in the first place, flakey when they fall in love.

Totally distracted from true friends and family.

I mean damn of course we cant kick it like we used to...but you just don't cut off contact with your closest homies because your too consumed by a relationship.

I dont get down with people like this...I see it as a weakness.

Last edited:
I'll leave that one alone, seems pointless.

General:

I found this one to be the other way around
I lost two good homies to controlling women, who totally warped them and made them shrug homies like me off.
So I took it as these fools weren't built like that in the first place, flakey when they fall in love.
Totally distracted from true friends and family.
I mean damn of course we cant kick it like we used to...but you just don't cut off contact with your closest homies because your too consumed by a relationship.
I dont get down with people like this...I see it as a weakness.

It will bite them in the end. They'll realize the closer they get, the more they need their own time or risk driving each other nuts. Then who are they gonna call?

No matter how close we are as friends,
Be comfortable with yourself. If you aren't, then learn how to be. Whether that be changing your style, getting in shape, or even just embracing how you already look and think. Life is too short to be self conscious about yourself. Most people don't even notice the "flaws" you might notice.

"It's never too late to be what you might have been."

I slacked off a lot early on in my life, but over time, I've come to realize a lot of what I could become. Everyone has unrealized potential that they can tap into if they choose to do so.

Real.

A girl will never like you twice.

TRU!!!!!! you leave the game just as fast as you get in….

here mine tho

-Help and opportunity are TWO DIFFERENT THINGS….YES theres overlap but they stand alone as well. (one bases your success on someone else vs yourself...)

-STOP RUNNING WITH THE HELP!!!!! you can accomplish a lot on your own! (do you and believe in that)

-We all have a hard struggle, just make sure your never get muscled, and PLAY AS SMART as the cards are shuffled! (play the game and don't complain)

-If you know the game but aint got the change to play it… what do you really know??? (thats a guy that knows too much...)

-Aint nothing wrong with plucking a few feathers… (cut your losses and anything that cause hurt/suffering/L's)

MY FAV RIGHT HERE...
-If you can't win at home don't you ever go on the road. (think about it the odds are in your favor when you are comfortable but as soon as the fans start booing you gotta play through that…. KEY example smashing chick at home should be easy!!!! but smashing on the road expect some turbulence along the way)

BTW
-Sales is a great way to break out your shell and see life in different light.
its given me soooo much insight on ppl… its crazy… like someone else said common sense really aint common, theres def leaders and followers, and there def power in words and non-verbal cues…. COmmunication is a significantly undermined field cause it don't pay squat unless you work for a broadcasting company but in regards to social interaction… sales tripled my {()} rate, shot up my confidence, work ethic, and how to work with snakes. if you can work with snakes and not get bit… that means something… sales really tested my drive and gave me the mindset" I like what i like… imma make my budget conform to my lifestyle… not the other way around" and nonetheless **** the next man and solidify yours first before overextending your hand.

Mines on its way as I type :smh:  I'll be better off for it tho I do know that
masii....Fei tama ho Kau mea? .... fefe toko..
Getting used or taken advantage of doesnt always happen directly to your face - it goes on behind the scenes, sometimes you are never even aware of it happening. In fact, I would say the overwhelming majority of it happens behind your back.
So acting like you are Mr Tough Guy and being assertive and letting everyone know your boundries is pointless. And that you think if you do those things then no one will screw you over tells me you havent had enough experience yet in dealing with this type of behavior. I hope you never will either - but it is rampant and it is everywhere.
Idk... I believe you can still be assertive and empathtic at the same time. You'll confuse the **** outta those that seek your down fall

Last edited:
A grip. The most recent revelation was to quit drinking so I didn't die. :lol: I'm good now though. Hopefully it's relatively smooth sailing now that that's out of the picture.

Back
Top Bottom