Black Culture Discussion Thread

Simone Manuel becomes first African American woman to win swim gold 

CpoDroDUsAEFOuC.jpg

I'm a black man and as of lately I've been really into white women especially with black girls shapes/bodies.
smokin.gif
One thing I notice with sistas is that anytime a black man wants to date or like a white woman they automatically assume you hate your mother,sister, grandmother, etc. But as soon as a black woman gets with a decent looking/successful white man sistas be like yes girl you go girl these brothers don't be treating us right he gonna treat you like a queen. I just don't understand the double standards.
black guy here, dating a white girl for almost 2 years now. ive found that generally most of the black women i know personally and that i meet have no issue with interracial dating. the issue they do have, and id say i have as well, is when black men and women date outside of their race AND tear down, demean, and overall look down other black people along with it. People that date outside of their race and say their own race is inferior and say "black men/women aint sh*t". As is using their perceived inferiority of their own race to justify their dating preference. I cant get down with that and I hope no one does.

I'm a black man and as oflately I've been really into white women especially with black girls shapes/bodies. :smokin One thing I notice with sistas is that anytime a black man wants to date or like a white woman they automatically assume you hate your mother,sister, grandmother, etc. But as soon as a black woman gets with a decent looking/successful white man sistas be like yes girl you go girl these brothers don't be treating us right he gonna treat you like a queen. I just don't understand the double standards.

to be honest, i could definitely understand why black women would find that statement problematic

Last edited:
to be honest, i could definitely understand why black women would find that statement problematic

Yep that's definitely a red flag. I mean you like what you like but it's a wild statement but I understand it, just wouldn't say it.

The whole thing really becomes history man, you can't erase the history and the reasoning why the feelings exist. You either live with it or bounce.

Last edited:
I'm a black man and as of lately I've been really into white women especially with black girls shapes/bodies. :smokin One thing I notice with sistas is that anytime a black man wants to date or like a white woman they automatically assume you hate your mother,sister, grandmother, etc. But as soon as a black woman gets with a decent looking/successful white man sistas be like yes girl you go girl these brothers don't be treating us right he gonna treat you like a queen. I just don't understand the double standards.

Ain't nothing wrong with having a preference for or being attracted to white women. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise

As a black man who is into the culture and history 110% am I the only one who Thinks the hotep brothers and stay woke people on social media are Wack
150% agree with you.

the problem now a days is that a lot of people love to be "enlightened" but dont want to learn a damn thing for themselves. so when all these "Woke" dudes come into the picture on social media they present their junk science thinly coated with factual stuff so it makes sense on the surface.

I'm a black man and as oflately I've been really into white women especially with black girls shapes/bodies. :smokin One thing I notice with sistas is that anytime a black man wants to date or like a white woman they automatically assume you hate your mother,sister, grandmother, etc. But as soon as a black woman gets with a decent looking/successful white man sistas be like yes girl you go girl these brothers don't be treating us right he gonna treat you like a queen. I just don't understand the double standards.

Yep that's definitely a red flag. I mean you like what you like but it's a wild statement but I understand it, just wouldn't say it.

The whole thing really becomes history man, you can't erase the history and the reasoning why the feelings exist. You either live with it or bounce.

Well that's what I like I love my sistas and I date them as well but soon as I step out with a white woman I sold out. It could be because I have a nice house/successful career,decent looking, and no nonsense. I love shapely women, I like my Jill Scotts, Serenas, that's my preference. I'm not one to throw them under the bus like many clowns do I hold them in high regard just like they should be.

Last edited:
I find it very discouraging how people are now using "Hotep" as a means to ridicule those who are trying to spread knowledge and information. I think the bigger problem is many black people don't understand the proper methodology to accurately absorb and sift through real history and information.

Its so much crap information out there its sometimes hard to know what is right or wrong. No one reads and really studies so we're left with a community full of dudes regurgitating pseudo-science from YouTube videos. There are actually grown adults who think the Earth is flat . I just ignore them and go about my day.

As for dating white women.... I myself don't condone it becasue I'm at a point in my life where I realize the importance of building a strong black family. It's more of a cultural thing for me. I want my children to be African centered and to continue in that tradition. But at the end of the day I say do what makes you happy. Just as long as you don't lose yourself and become a self hating C**N.

the issue they do have, and id say i have as well, is when black men and women date outside of their race AND tear down, demean, and overall look down other black people along with it. People that date outside of their race and say their own race is inferior and say "black men/women aint sh*t". As is using their perceived inferiority of their own race to justify their dating preference. I cant get down with that and I hope no one does.

people lowkey do this all the time, without even being aware...espousing a generally negative perception of black folk in general, who is or ain't "woke, that we "need to do better," etc., it is very revealing of how they think...

I like white girls, especially the yesjulz built white girls not really the Taylor Swift's. Sistahs will always be #1 though. The way they carry themselves, how they talk and act, it's just more of a connection. I was messing with this white girl last year, she was cool with a nice thick body but it just wasn't the same. Interracial dating is crazy where I live it's crazy, It's A LOT of interracial couples. Mixed kids everywhere.

I heard Dr. Umar say since it's been legal in all states that black men have married outside of their race more than anybody. We got to be honest about it. Now women of other races love us but it's a lot of self hating brothas that buy into that BS that white women are great and black women are bad. It's brotha's that will get with any more stomach than ***, BAWG just to say they got one. It's a lot of us who date white girls cuz we been brain washed and basically trained into thinking a certain way and we might not even know it. Some of these dudes get a white girl and loose their mind. Start thinking racism don't exist and other BS. I think interracial relationships ok if you are doing it for the right reasons. But those self-hating, looking for a pat on the head, looking for status, OJ Simpson type of dudes are clowns. Me personally I can't see myself in a serious relationship with a white girl, like I said the connection just ain't the same. Physically and personality wise Sistah's will always be queen to me.

Last edited:
I find it very discouraging how people are now using "Hotep" as a means to ridicule those who are trying to spread knowledge and information. I think the bigger problem is many black people don't understand the proper methodology to accurately absorb and sift through real history and information.

Its so much crap information out there its sometimes hard to know what is right or wrong. No one reads and really studies so we're left with a community full of dudes regurgitating pseudo-science from YouTube videos. There are actually grown adults who think the Earth is flat . I just ignore them and go about my day.

As for dating white women.... I myself don't condone it becasue I'm at a point in my life where I realize the importance of building a strong black family. It's more of a cultural thing for me. I want my children to be African centered and to continue in that tradition. But at the end of the day I say do what makes you happy. Just as long as you don't lose yourself and become a self hating C**N.
QFT

though you might be referring to the(or your) specific context of those who ridicule people who use "hotep," I don't really understand why black folk need to be singled-out as lacking understanding related to "the proper methodology to accurately absorb and sift through real history and information" when that is true of MOST PEOPLE generally??? MOST PEOPLE aren't super informed on their own history, much less any one else's, MOST PEOPLE don't have a strong financial literacy, one might say these things are especially detrimental in communities of color but to single out black people would seem to be revealing of 1 of 2 things: not enough meaningful interaction with other cross sections of people and/or a negative view of black folk generally...

i'm not sure there is anything more likely to be met with dismissal/oppsition than condescension...even when well intentioned or unintended

Well said. I concur man.

We gotta stop looking down and judging man...educated your "hotep brother" if you feel they using bad sources, put them onto your sources.

I literally learn sumn new every day about black culture man...I hear alot of silly shhh too, it comes with the territory. I try and see the silver lining.

These "hotep brothers" are on the right path to consciousness man, they're taking a conscious step in bettering their understand And gaining knowledge. That's never a bad thing, no matter what field you apply it too...we all gotta start somewhere fam.

Tldr; -don't judge. Instead, spread love it's the Brooklyn way.

I'm listened to like 15 mins of this, and as an economist (not a great one by any measure) the libertarian BS, and revisionist history is making my head hurt.

I try to listen to it all the way through tomorrow but just by skipping around I can tell it is not going to get any better.

Black people, especially poor blacks, need good functioning social democracy. A robust well managed welfare state that is biased in the favor of lower classes and minorities, not upper middle class and wealthy whites

very well said

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom