Black guy hair cuts

Barbers be giving the haircut THEY wants you to have

The truth, the whole truth, && nothing but the truth. Ain't nothing like telling your barber to keep your (attempted) beard wide, only to get the mirror handed to you 20 mins later just to find out you got some paper thin chinstrap, word to DJ Augustin. :smh:

If he EVER wonders why I only go to him every 6-8 months or so...

This annoys me to no end. Not a single barber understands wide. Mine grows like the dude from supernatural, the little gap between the beard and mouth on both sides which I'm cool with but dudes always feel te need to make it connect.

my haircut is on the expensive side at 25 after tip. its in times square tho. i get a mean cut. simple and clean, 1.5 all around with line and taper. 20min tops. with the razor finish. and no irritation/pain free. and my hairline is straight. expensive nonetheless i admit.

but some barbers imo aren't about that design life. the barbers that are truly great are the ones that do designs for their clients. truly nice with the blades...so those are the type of barbers that you can show a picture and they'll give u that.

LL

Curious but what is this cut called? My barber went up on the price of haircuts and if i'm going to be paying him $20+ I need more than a usual dark caesar

im less a fan of heavy waves (natural ones excluded) and more into simple clean lines and tapers. just me tho. just seems like a process to maintain after a while.

LL

Curious but what is this cut called? My barber went up on the price of haircuts and if i'm going to be paying him $20+ I need more than a usual dark caesar

That's most definitely a bigen it's done very tastefully so I can't hate. He probably paid 50+ for the cut/dye

To the dude with the waves, us big boys look better with full beards. Leave the micro chin straps to the petite cats

Last edited:
That's most definitely a bigen it's done very tastefully so I can't hate. He probably paid 50+ for the cut/dye

To the dude with the waves, us big boys look better with full beards. Leave the micro chin straps to the petite cats

Quoted For Truth!

Quoted For Truth!

Thats funny you say that cause I decided to let my beard grow out to see what it lookes like. I got a line up sat and I'm liking the way it looks. I'm going to keep it till my job says I have to shave it. That pics is 6 weeks old now my beard is completely full

So when I hit the shop ask for a bigen cut and I can't get the beard like that cause my facial hair game is on maximum struggle 

Dray here

Mfw this older white lady says to me, "I see you have the rounds"
Confused I asked what she means. She was referring to my hair and how my waves are spinning. Then proceeds to ask to touch my hair, because she never touched hair like mine before. Then says its nice "our hair can't do that I wish my sons could".
The whole interaction was very awkward....

LL

Bruh, don't disrespect my weight class like that :lol:

I've been looking at cuts like these and I have no idea what they are called or how to achieve them. I showed my barber the following pics and he still got it wrong.

Just tell your barber to round out your fro and taper the edges and follow your natural hair line in the front (sides optional). Pick it out for the cut and then when you wash and condition it, let it air dry so it curls and don't mess with it after that because it'll just frizz it up.

Pretty much what I do.

Picked out...

After washing...

Last edited:
Just tell your barber to round out your fro and taper the edges and follow your natural hair line in the front (sides optional). Pick it out for the cut and then when you wash and condition it, let it air dry so it curls and don't mess with it after that because it'll just frizz it up.

Pretty much what I do.

Picked out...

After washing...
Good looks

Update:I figured out how to completely get the look above with texturizing with hair products.

Anyone ever wonder why we tend to stick to Caesars, low cuts, and fades? Seems like we're constricted to only a few hair styles. Anyone ever try something new like side swiping your hair? Maybe I'm rambling. Maybe I should've posted this in the thread about nothing. Oh well. Care to discuss?
I'm Black & I Can't Relate to this Point of View AT ALL. 
grin.gif

I've grown up w/ various hairstyles & have seen Many Different Hairstyles on Black Guys throughout my lifetime... more variety than any ethnic group I've encountered!

It might just be where you live, bruh. Lol
Because white people become terrified if we don't have our @!%% basic.
There are definitely some who feel they have to keep it Safe for The Man.

I never really felt that way personally, but the older I get, the Less I Give a EFF what the Bigots think anyway.

Btw, I've rocked a Curly Box (Hi-Top) Fade ALL Last Year, but last weekend, just got the Box lowered & Rounded Out on Top. Not sure what you'd call it, but I'm diggin it. 

Planning on getting the very top edges Tinted Light Brown for a nice change of pace. Never colored my hair in anyway, but I think it'll be dope for Summer. 
nthat.gif

Last edited:
Yeah, I don't know about being restricted to a few hair styles either. I've personally had a high top fade, a Webbie fro, a knotty fro, waves, a rounded box and curls in my lifetime. Add to that dreads, twists, braids, fades, perms and twists and black men can do a lot with their hair. Who cares about what the next man thinks as long as you carry yourself with respect?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom