Black guy hair cuts

bottom line - dreads aren't good for your hair imo

Not sure if serious.

Jr Gong's dreads are ridiculously long (and heavy) and he has no hairline issues. I think since most brothers keep their hair twisted too tight and don't let they're new growth just chill, it puts a lot of pressure on their edges causing some recession.

Last edited:
bottom line - dreads aren't good for your hair imo
It's all about how you take care of your Hair. Good & well-maintained Locks can actually strengthen your hair. 

If you don't take care of your Locks... they soon become "DREAD-ful" to look at... hence: "Dreadlocks"

The key is to not let your Locks get to that point.

Not sure if serious.

Jr Gong's dreads are ridiculously long (and heavy) and he has no hairline issues. I think since most brothers keep their hair twisted too tight and don't let they're new growth just chill, it puts a lot of pressure on their edges causing some recession.

serious

and george burns smoked well into his 90's with no adverse health effects...there are always exceptions
even people w.o the genes show slight recession

but thanks for the outlier example!

Last edited:

Would you guys call this a low fade with a 1 with nothing done to the top half?
Now that hairstyle is tight. probably because of his hair texture tho. It looks like a fade on the sides and back with the top left alone
I have the same haircut as this dude, except my fade is a little higher than his. I do it myself, so the back isnt as clean as the sides, but its serviceable

I highly recommend shea's products it easily curls my hair after shampoo+conditioner and naturally my hair is dry and coarse 

that lil joint in the video is flames :smokin

my hair is coarse as well. I'll try the products in the video

Last edited:
I have the same haircut as the light skin dude with the tats posted above. You guys make it seem like some huge deal. Should be a very easy cut for a barber....it's like a blended mid cut fade......

I just showed dude a picture an he was like no problem.

Last edited:
I use curl enhancing smoothie. I'm full black light skin dude btw. People always think I'm mixed. My hair nappy......just take care of your hair an keep it healthy. Black hair is so versatile. I can be nappy or or I can be naturally curled up look.

How would you describe Tony Parker's cut? My barber never cuts my hair low enough, and he's not a basketball fan.

How would you describe Tony Parker's cut? My barber never cuts my hair low enough, and he's not a basketball fan.
we call that the "damn near bald" 

nah but tell your barber you want a bald fade..i mean it doesnt look like a difficult cut at all. 

"let me a get a slick, cuz" should suffice 
laugh.gif

man.. just went through this whole thread its crazy how much stuff black men can do with their hair.

anyone with long curl hair? or tell me how to get hair like besides just growing it out

no homo

Last edited:
we call that the "damn near bald" 

nah but tell your barber you want a bald fade..i mean it doesnt look like a difficult cut at all. 
"let me a get a slick, cuz" should suffice :lol:

Tony's cut isn't fade a though. Isn't it what you Northerners called a "caesar"?

Caesar just describes even all around. You still have to tell that what length or guard # you want i.e 1 all around.

Back
Top Bottom