Black guy hair cuts

IMG_2264.jpg
Been wearing this lately instead of the temp fade. Thought about a part but my hairline starting to act rebellious. Can't flagrant out here with it

Anybody know what is Tristan Thompson cut is called? I wanna say it’s a mid fade. 1.5 on the top maybe? Am I right?

Would have told him to kick rocks. You grandfathered in a decade in.

Dudes are seeing all these "celeb" barbers on IG stunting and get inspired :lol:

You guys ought to curve these barbers and learn how to cut your hair yourselves. One of the best decisions I’ve made so far was learning how to do my own hair cuts. Been at it for the past 10 years. Got a pair of andis masters and t outliners from amazon, both for about $130 shipped. With a good amount of practice and patience, you guys will be realizing the benefits in no time. Plus there are TONS of YouTube tutorials for beginners. I wish I had that when I first started. :lol:

I wish my guy would. I only go to him maybe once a month when I have something big to to go.
Been cutting my hair since I was like 13 and I'm 28 now. Ain't no way he'd go up on me.
When I was in college he he charged me less.

Give him that dub ! That's his tip included . On the oTher hand . My barber left the shop . No warning nothing , I stopped by the other day . They told me dude doesn't work there anymore . Plus he is not replying back to my texts . Went on his IG , dude out there traveling the world . South Africa , Cuba . Guess i was tipping him good .

So I went back to my barber to get a cut on Thursday after he told me about that price increase last month. He opened up his own barbershop, so that's where the price increase came from. Dude is driving a 2016 Benz and has a lot of clientele so I don't think his pockets are hurting at all. I asked him for my usual number 3 with a blowout and trimmed facial hair with beard lineup, gave him a dub while I dapped him up and walked out of there. No ****s given :lol:

Gonna invest in a electric razor or somen so i can groom my face in between cuts. That way I won't be wolfin as hard
T Lo Sweater T Lo Sweater i need to do this as well, I go like 3-4 weeks in between cuts. Someone in here suggested the andis t-outliner to keep facial hair groomed

I go 3 weeks in between cuts as well and use a T-liner to keep my beard somewhat clean and the hairline sharp.

So I went back to my barber to get a cut on Thursday after he told me about that price increase last month. He opened up his own barbershop, so that's where the price increase came from. Dude is driving a 2016 Benz and has a lot of clientele so I don't think his pockets are hurting at all. I asked him for my usual number 3 with a blowout and trimmed facial hair with beard lineup, gave him a dub while I dapped him up and walked out of there. No ****s given :lol:

T Lo Sweater T Lo Sweater i need to do this as well, I go like 3-4 weeks in between cuts. Someone in here suggested the andis t-outliner to keep facial hair groomed
Think i may go to Walgreens or CVS and pick something up tomorrow

So as of June 17, 2017 I decided to cut my hair off and try to get waves. I don't really have a main barber I go to so I decided to do some research. I found this guy and I looked at his Instagram page @Rvzorr and his cuts looked pretty official so I decided to make a appointment with him. Ever since that day I regret going to him. He pushed my line back, I never had this problem before but it seems I can't get my hairline back to how it was. I waited until July 7 to get another line up but my corners wasn't really grown in but my sideburns were getting out of control and I was looking like a ape so I told this OTHER barber about my situation (mind you this is my friends barber) He was like he's gonna line the pull my baby hairs down and line them and he's not gonna really focus on the corners so I can give them time to grow in and he did ight I guess. On September 2nd I got another line up thinking my line is grown I went to the same barber as last time but I don't really like how he did my line. I also noticed something.. the left corner of my hairline is faint or light and it's only the left side which is weird to me my right side is all grown in and fine and theres my left side which is faint, I'll throw in a picture to show what I'm talking about.

IMG_3379.jpg

IMG_3381.jpg

IMG_3382.jpg

IMG_3383.jpg

I bought this product and ever since I bought it I would rub the oil on the faint part but I don't see progress.

70_CAECBD-0_A78-498_E-9_CF5-4265201_C0_B23.jpg

If ya wanna see how bad he did me heres a pic.
IMG_3380.jpg

Guys I need products, tips, or advice on how to grow back the faint part of my hair. I also feel if I try to cut my hair and try to get waves again that faint part is going to show, which is why I am frustrated right now.

Biotin and Jamaican black castor oil.......give it time to grow also learn to line yourself up since those barbers keep effing up.

Thanks bro I heard biotin got some side effects to it but **** it anything to get my **** back at this point

Thanks bro I heard biotin got some side effects to it but **** it anything to get my **** back at this point

What kinda side effects? I’ve never heard that other than folks say sometimes hair grows where you don’t want it to lol

Just ordered a pair of T Liners and Oster fast feed. Cuts going to be CRISPY this fall and winter.

I just tried putting the Jamaican black caster oil in my head after I got out the shower and it felt very sticky when I was rubbing it into my hair it's supposed to be like that? That's how you use it correct?

Any of y'all still and or got better with self cutting? :nerd:
I've gotten waaay better with my line ups. I'm not where my homie is yet.
Slowly but surely.

I cut my hair every week. I’ll post up a picture tomorrow after I’m through. I’ve been doing it on my own for roughly the past 10 years so I think I’m pretty straight with my methods.

Any of y'all still and or got better with self cutting? :nerd:
I've gotten waaay better with my line ups. I'm not where my homie is yet.
Slowly but surely.

It’s been a few years now for me but after the first year or so I feel like I’ve stagnated.

Dexterity and familiarity only go so far, feel like I’m missing on technique.

My cuts don’t look bad but I feet like a trained eye could obviously tell it’s a self cut.

Back
Top Bottom