Black Infrared VI's returning in 2014. NO GM TALK!

I hated those materials on the 2010 black/red and infrared 6's...granted it was "darker", but I feel like the 2014 is a better material look for the 6's...can anyone confirm if this material is closer to the OG?

Wore the infrared 6 today for 9 hours, all i can say is it gets ashy and scuff easily. Tried nubuck/suede brush and its still there. Good thing is there are no creases.
Durabuck doesn't crease easily, from my experience anyway. Unless you're going out of your way to crease them, you should be fine for the most part.

They should release these with the Varsity red color. 

Im talking about they should release them instead of the infrared color. Or did they release them yesterday or something on the sneak tip and I never heard of it.  
They were released in 2010. Half this thread has been about comparing these to the 2010s. There's a billion pictures of them in here. Hell, just scroll up.

They should release these with the Varsity red color. 

As others have said, it already happened in 2010. To me that'd be a waste of production time and a release, when people could just track down those pairs if they really want them. (Instead of clogging up this and the White Infrared thread about how much they want the Varsities.)

No Sh** they came out in 2010, I have a pair from 2010 but I wanted another pair with the Varsity red color... I mean damn am I wrong. I guess they should have made the Carmine Pink too and let people track down shoes with a yellow sole and pay $300 to $400. 
The OGs were INFRARED not varsity red. Why would they bring out the varsitys again when they haven't released an infrared pair since 2000?

Yea they may have called it "infrared", but it looked like the color "red". I remember this very vividly cause I had a pair of those too. Im just not with this new bright pinkish color. I think they are nice for girls tho
The shade on these vary by the lighting your in. I love the shade of red on these.

I wasn't around for the OGs but I've seen people describe them as being really bright back then too. It all comes down to preference.

Yea they may have called it "infrared", but it looked like the color "red". I remember this very vividly cause I had a pair of those too. Im just not with this new bright pinkish color. I think they are nice for girls tho
I guess u missed the white infrared 6s this year and every single other air jordan shoe the color infrared23 was on this year, which was the same color as what's on the black infrared23 6s. This new bright infrared has been around all year.

Last edited:
Back in early 2013 I posted in the jordan 6 black nubuck to leather conversion thread and I said I wish they would bring the The black infrared 6 s back with 3m instead of just holes on the side and all you can see is your socks and they brought it back close to original but not quite yet that back heel material on the og pair we not even going to get into that bur I'm happy for this version .

Wouldn't that be a large percent of the people?
laugh.gif
Yea lol

for what it's worth: 

received SNS package today, 1 week after ordering. Size 9, DS, good condition box. 

On the customs slips, they claimed that the package was valued at $100, so no customs fees I guess. 

I did like the infrared lows tho cause the infrared was not dominant in the shoe and it kind of looked like a low space jam or something. but no bueno on the other ones. 
it was on the white 6s, Toro 6s, cool grey/infrared23 10s, white/infrared23 3s, infrared23 11 lows, infrared23 2s, Air Jordan Future infrared23, black/infrared23 6s, and I'm sure there are others. It's the same color as Nike's laser/crimson.

Last edited:
THe Toro 6s were one of the only shoes that I liked with this color. 
Yea i wish I had copped those on release day myself. I hated the infrared23 color at first myself. Especially on the white 6s but it has grown on me. U just have to wear it with infrared/laser/crimson stuff instead of regular red. Pic showing 3 different shades of nike/jb red.

View media item 1310729

Last edited:
I ended up selling these once i compared the material to my cousins infrareds from a couple years ago
laugh.gif

True but overall I think its just a better shoe, But that does make it more exclusive since it was not a general release. 
Everyone has their own opinions. I liked these the most of any 6s this year followed by the Carmines but I really only buy OG colorways. And i just bought all 4 OG 6s this year.

Copped for a friend and he's coming with every excuse to flake :smh: I'm bout to return em and make somebody's holiday

Back
Top Bottom