Black Infrared VI's returning in 2014. NO GM TALK!

stole this from the jordan 1 thread. anything with this kind of appearance is nubuck

View media item 1059413
wheat timberlands are suede

timberland-suede-3.jpg

You're backwards

Those Jordan 1s are suede, toro 5s are suede and Timberlands are nubuck

http://shop.timberland.com/product/index.jsp?productId=4064123

"Color: Wheat Nubuck"

"Details: Premium nubuck leather for comfort, durability and abrasion resistance"

See this is what I'm saying, **** is confusing bruh. The thread helped explain what the materials are but wasn't very good at definitively identifying the materials :lol:

People ***** about materials because they think it makes more knowledgable about the shoe. As of right none of us know if thats suede, durabuck, or nubuck. If you don't like the shoe, you don't like the shoe, stop making idiotic assumptions off of pics. I don't care either way. Mine mine mine.

OG Black cement 4 durabuck

OG Metallic 5 durabuck

OG Infrared 6 durabuck

OG Bordeaux 7 durabuck

OG Playoff and Aqua 8s durabuck

Durabuck is quality. You could wear a durabuck shoe in the rain and won't have to worry about the shoe fading :smokin

Last edited:
OK i like the 3M however it really boils down to the shape on these, the recent 6s have been real inconsistent on sizing and shape. So much dead space in those White/Infrareds that came out earlier this year.

:rofl: @ "Durabuck is good quality". Whoever believes this, just stop. You sound ******ed. I've had 2000 infrareds and the Durabuck used was not the "good quality" you guys are claiming. It would get ashy and dull looking just as much if not more than suede used on 2010s. Some of you guys are hilarious and don't even know what your talking about. 2 pairs please.

Last edited:
smh at everyone crying "MUH DURABUCK"

eat crap. these definitely look nearly identical to the 2000 version from pictures i've seen. worst case scenario, and i mean WORST case scenario is that they're nubuck, which is still miles ahead of that ashy suede bs they gave us in 2010.

"b-but muh infrapink!!!"

you're delusional and need to seek help if you think that the varsity red crap last year is more accurate.

8563ff31ed.png

dd980892b8.png

sure, it's a little pink, but it's damn close and it looks nice either way.

for the love of god you even got 3m holes from JB.

if the missing nike air really puts you in a position where you dislike these shoes, you're a clown. EVEN THEN you can just get it stitched in yourself.

Last edited:
5 more months of "pink" talk...oh boy.

Like others have stated the 2000 version was DEEP Infrared...not Infrared.  Yes...there's a difference.

Unless you hop in a Delorian w/ a DSLR and snap some HQ pics in the same lighting as we see sneakers taken in now-a-days, it's basically irrelevant to try to compare the shade of the 2014's to the OGs.  Even a pristine, DS pair from '91 is going to have oxidized/bled at this point, not giving you an accurate representation of the correct color.

This it the closest to date (2000 and 2010) that we have gotten to the Infrared used on the OGs.  Granted, it's been 20+ years, but I have owned a pair of the OGs (black and white), and the Infrared used on ALL models this year (White Infrared 6s, XI lows, Infrared 2s) is the closet I can remember it looking.  I also think it contrasts differently against the blue soles compared to the clear soles making it look even brighter (pinker).

OGs: True Infrared, 2000: Deep Infrared, 2010: VR had a baby with the Deep Infrared (and one of them must have been drunk during pregnancy).

Durabuck/nubuck/idontgiveabuck....whatever.  If it's long grained suede...then we have an issue.  Otherwise, MOST people aren't going to be able to tell, see, or feel the difference.  

3M is a nice touch, but really doesn't make the hugest deal to me.  I don't walk around with a flash photographer, so doesn't really matter.  It's nice to see them add it...but not a deal breaker either way.  Same with NA vs. Jumpman.  I'm in the minority I think (especially being an older head), but I like the Jumpman on the releases.  I'm a fan of Michael Jordan/JB...not necessarily Nike.  

I'm in...maybe even for 3 if I can pull it (I have enough problems getting 1 release on a Sat, or this case Fri AM).  Black Friday and XI releases are the only ones here done locally via raffle, so hopefully can secure a pair here in the sticks, then try for another (or 2) online in the AM.  

I think I much rather get 3lab5 infrared then this. Stl thjnking about it. Classic but Not sure.

:rofl: @ "Durabuck is good quality". Whoever believes this, just stop. You sound ******ed. I've had 2000 infrareds and the Durabuck used was not "good quality" you guys are claiming. It would get ashy and dull looking just as much if not more than suede used on 2010s. Some of you guys are hilarious and don't even know what your talking about. 2 pairs please.

Obviously any shoe worn long enough will dull out but who wants a shoe faded out the store??

Go wear a suede and a ashy nubuck shoe out in the rain and see how it permanently stains and leaks. Now go wear a durabuck shoe and see how well they hold up. I've had Nike Trainers, Barkleys , Pippens, Pennys, Jordans, Adidas, and Reeboks durabuck shoes and all have held up and been cleaned with a toothbrush multiple times without being scratched by it.

If you really had the 2000s like you say you did then you would be just as upset as everyone else praying for durabuck. More power to you if you prefer that ashy crap over durabuck but make sure you carry around a couple of bags just in case it starts raining :rofl:

900x900px-LL-3807c63c_sneaker-con-miami-on-feet-recap-950-900x712.jpeg

Obviously any shoe worn long enough will dull out but who wants a shoe faded out the store??

Go wear a suede and a ashy nubuck shoe out in the rain and see how it permanently stains and leaks. Now go wear a durabuck shoe and see how well they hold up. I've had Nike Trainers, Barkleys , Pippens, Pennys, Jordans, Adidas, and Reeboks durabuck shoes and all have held up and been cleaned with a toothbrush multiple times without being scratched by it.

If you really had the 2000s like you say you did then you would be just as upset as everyone else praying for durabuck. More power to you if you prefer that ashy crap over durabuck but make sure you carry around a couple of bags just in case it starts raining
roll.gif

durabuck is more durable than suede/nubuck but it's cheaper.

if i were to show you a pair of suede rick owens that retail for around 1,000, you'd say they were amazing quality, because they are.

of course you wouldn't wear the ricks in the rain though.

it's called durabuck for a reason, that's what it is. durable nubuck. not "great quality high end luxury material."

We're talking about basketball shoes.

Durabuck>>>>>suede and regular nubuck

jordans WERE basketball shoes.

playing in j's is suicide fam.

durabuck is a lot better for jordan brand to use, and i agree they should be using it because of the durability, after all jordan is not a luxury brand.

what i'm saying is durabuck is not a high end material, it's just durable.

Yea i may do that. I def wouldnt do it myself cause id likely mess something up but i just want the Infrared to look like it matches all my JB Red clothing. I want this red. View media item 1059032

You might have to get over that homie. Old heads back in 91' had this very same dilemma as you. They had gripes about the 6s because the "red" used on them did not match the bulls jerseys and bulls gear. That's because the color used is/was infrared. The complaint from '91 heads was "it looks to pinkish". Sound familiar? Same complaint about IR 6s then is the same complaints about IR 6s now. That should tell you just how close these 2014s actually are in comparison to the OGs. People calling these "pink" is nothing new if you know your history. I truly hope fools pass on these so all the us heads who know better can copp with ease. Oh yeah....2 pairs please.

Last edited:
You might have to get over that homie. Old heads back in 91' had this very same dilemma as you. They had gripes about the 6s because the "red" used on them did not match the bulls jerseys and bulls gear. That's because the color used is/was infrared. The complaint in '91 heads was "it looks to pinkish". Sound familiar? Same complaint about IR 6s then is the same complaints about IR 6s now. That should tell you just how close to the these 2014s actually are in comparison to the OGs. People calling these "pink" is nothing new if you know your history. I truly hope fools pass on these so all the us heads who know better can copp with ease. Oh yeah....2 pairs please.
Agreed. Not bad especially from the first few pics that were posted. I Agree with everyone on the Infrared color though. 
The pic u just reposted that i posted proves my case. The red in the picture matches with his Bulls uniform nearly perfectly and that aint the lighting. Ill jus leave it at that. I got the whites i know what this year "shade" of JB infrared looks like and it aint what MJ has on his feet in this picture.

Last edited:
You might have to get over that homie. Old heads back in 91' had this very same dilemma as you. They had gripes about the 6s because the "red" used on them did not match the bulls jerseys and bulls gear. That's because the color used is/was infrared. The complaint in '91 heads was "it looks to pinkish". Sound familiar? Same complaint about IR 6s then is the same complaints about IR 6s now. That should tell you just how close to the these 2014s actually are in comparison to the OGs. People calling these "pink" is nothing new if you know your history. I truly hope fools pass on these so all the us heads who know better can copp with ease. Oh yeah....2 pairs please.

i don't play the whole matchy matchy game like a whole lot of nt heads do. i could care less if the red matched bulls colors, not gonna wear these with elite socks and a snapback.

i personally like how bright the infrared is, pink or not it's nice because the rest of the shoe is primarily black.

if dudes are hating on the true infrared, go cop a pair of varsities and complain somewhere else.

The pic u just reposted that i posted proves my case. The red in the picture matches with his Bulls uniform nearly perfectly and that aint the lighting. Ill jus leave it at that. I got the whites i know what this year "shade" of JB infrared looks like and it aint what MJ has on his feet in this picture.

see my post above.

look at it side by side, it's damn near the same shade and the og's probably had some fading over the years.

Last edited:

see my post above.

look at it side by side, it's damn near the same shade and the og's probably had some fading over the years.
Damn near only counts in horse shoes and hand grenades.

Damn near only counts in horse shoes and hand grenades.

"and it's probably had some fading over the years"

i really feel bad for you if you're not gonna eat on this release because of a slight difference in red that to be honest is probably the product of age.

Back
Top Bottom