Black Infrared VI's returning in 2014. NO GM TALK!

The pic from a couple pages back

View media item 1063454
2014 on the left, OG '90-'91 pair on the right.

They are the exact same color, granted the pair on the right is 23 years old and has yellowed and darkened a little....I wonder what color that OG pair was when it was brand new.............................................................
Repped for that pic shows what I was trying to say yesterday. Thanks b

Repped for that pic shows what I was trying to say yesterday. Thanks b
I seen all those pics when the whites came out on here and the dabate never got solved and people are still calling it pink. And i know theyre pink cause i have them sitting in my closet. Same goes for these blacks im not the only one by a LONG shot to call these infra pinks. Yall are just all defensive with how u defend a shoe with such passion and care what a nobody like me says about your shoes. Go after somebody complaining about the little $15 price hike on these which if they cant afford $185 they couldnt afford the $170 either. If i think the shoes are pink thats my prerogative, and stop trying to sell me on the pink being infrared cause im not buying it. But don't be surprised when someone says it cause its universally known that **** is pink this year.

Last edited:
I seen all those pics when the whites came out on here and the dabate never got solved and people are still calling it pink. And i know theyre pink cause i have them sitting in my closet. Same goes for these blacks im not the only one by a LONG shot to call these infra pinks. Yall are just all defensive with how u defend a shoe with such passion and care what a nobody like me says about your shoes. Go after somebody complaining about the little $15 price hike on these which if they cant afford $185 they couldnt afford the $170 either. If i think the shoes are pink thats my prerogative, and stop trying to sell me on the pink being infrared cause im not buying.

You're not a nobody, you're NT fam :wow:

...but I have to disagree with you as far as the color. The main gripe is that the color is a little feminine but I always remember 6's for being the air Jordan with the weird color of red. I would always ask myself, what would you wear with infrared? But in 2014 bright colors on sneakers are more welcomed. Especially on a solid black or solid white silhouette. I've grown to appreciate the 2014 white/infras because of the return to that bold shade of red...and pink. Just like how they always were.

I seen all those pics when the whites came out on here and the dabate never got solved and people are still calling it pink. And i know theyre pink cause i have them sitting in my closet. Same goes for these blacks im not the only one by a LONG shot to call these infra pinks. Yall are just all defensive with how u defend a shoe with such passion and care what a nobody like me says about your shoes. Go after somebody complaining about the little $15 price hike on these which if they cant afford $185 they couldnt afford the $170 either. If i think the shoes are pink thats my prerogative, and stop trying to sell me on the pink being infrared cause im not buying it. But don't be surprised when someone says it cause its universally known that **** is pink this year.
I'm not coming at you or anything an I don't think you a nobody. And fine keep your opinion I'm just saying that this year has been the closest to the OGs and there are tons of pics to prove it imo but if you want to these are pink go ahead

I'm not coming at you or anything an I don't think you a nobody. And fine keep your opinion I'm just saying that this year has been the closest to the OGs and there are tons of pics to prove it imo but if you want to these are pink go ahead
Hey theres nothing wrong with disagreements. I can respect that and your opinion. On color alone i believe the 2010s were closer.

Last edited:
Aight man cool I was really getting tired of talking about the shade tho :lol: didn't wanna keep bringing that up in the thread lord knows its gonna happen again anyways tho :smh: :lol:
Repped. Im sure it will along with folks complaining bout the nubuck, durabuck, shape, price, box, color, etc. lol prob everything u could name. But in all seriousness when my plug gets them in ill be able to see them in person and i hope it does look right and im wrong. I want to buy these, been wanting to buy them, but im personally not getting another pair of shoes with that particular "shade" of infrared cause it jus doesnt match anything red i own. Aside from the infrared color the shoe looks awesome and i still might cave in. Ive caved in on alot worse pairs lol.

Last edited:
was gonna planning to cop already but after seeing the latest pics
pimp.gif

can we get some low 6s JB?
wink.gif

The only lows acceptable to me are the black with silver those were tuffff

Last edited:
Chill out man. No one is trying to gang up or should be trying to gang up on you. NT should be a place for people to help each other out and get solid information.You're right that we care about the shoe. I agree that people are still calling it pink and that they are pinkish in color but thats what infrared looks like to ME. Call them infrapink. I'm a man that wears pink. I like the color. Who the hell cares!  Just because the word red is in infrared doesn't mean it's red.It's a mixture of red. Nike just happens to call this hot pinkish/red color infrared which so happens to be the og color. Infrared is a primary red mixed with almost a hot pink paint and depending on the  pigments you may need a little tint of light peach. I'm a painter, it's my forte. Go buy the varsity reds then or the 2010 pack. 

Chill out man. No one is trying to gang up or should be trying to gang up on you. NT should be a place for people to help each other out and get solid information.You're right that we care about the shoe. I agree that people are still calling it pink and that they are pinkish in color but thats what infrared looks like to ME. Call them infrapink. I'm a man that wears pink. I like the color. Who the hell cares!  Just because the word red is in infrared doesn't mean it's red.It's a mixture of red. Nike just happens to call this hot pinkish/red color infrared which so happens to be the og color. Infrared is a primary red mixed with almost a hot pink paint and depending on the  pigments you may need a little tint of light peach. I'm a painter, it's my forte. Go buy the varsity reds then or the 2010 pack. 
Its not that serious i dont want them that bad to buy a 4 year old pair. Which ive clearly already stated multiple times. And your gonna open up a whole other can of worms with your personal definition of what the "color" infrared looks like.

Last edited:
You also have to realize that there is flash in the pic also so it will make the infrared brighter anyways. As well as any filters (not saying there is) and angles that the shoes are in. Just wait it out till you see some pairs in hand

Last edited:
Its not that serious i dont want them that bad to buy a 4 year old pair. Which ive clearly already stated multiple times. And your gonna open up a whole other can of worms with your personal definition of what the "color" infrared looks like.
Well, theres a difference between fact and opinion. Do you own the original version? The can was already open years ago brother. Just trying to help out and get the facts straight. You should buy the 2014's & get them painted the way you want them. Heres a tutorial i just found that will help you get them the way you want them fam. 

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom