BMW PICKUP THREAD

Originally Posted by eNPHAN

yes, 5% and 50 on the windshield...

laugh.gif
 who the hell did you buy that off of?

damn do you get harrassed by cops at all?

for those who dont understand 5% is limo tint..........he got that all around then he has the windshield tinted also which is illegal like everywhere on top of that.  not even windshiled brow (few inches up top, but whole windshield)

i copped off a kid in michigan.

i hate telling people like you, cause then i feel like im due to get stopped...the int. is black/black...

and i let my insurance lapse last month too

( ._.)

i asked cops when i first got it and most of em said "i dont really mind....so ive never stopped someone"

im just waiting on the day.....

(i actually like the windshield tint, tho, it keeps the sun from getting at me through my polo frames...lol)

it was also funny that you knew it was 5% off one pic....lol

and everyone who's hit me up about buying LIKES the tints, so....

eh

yea i know my tints/love cars blah blah

enphan what state are you in again?

if you rode around New Jersey youd be getting stopped every 2 minutes.

i just recently purchased an 07 750li

only issue i have is the navigation. it is so annoying to use.

nah, i know, bro

im actually surprised i havent been stopped

my roomate has like a 35 on his windows and gets stopped all the time..

my heart definitely stops (more than normal) when i see cops now...

i only drive when i HAVE to (work)

i wanna get em taken off, but at the same time imma sell it as soon as the weather breaks...so...i dunno

Originally Posted by eNPHAN

nah, i know, bro

im actually surprised i havent been stopped

my roomate has like a 35 on his windows and gets stopped all the time..

my heart definitely stops (more than normal) when i see cops now...

i only drive when i HAVE to (work)

i wanna get em taken off, but at the same time imma sell it as soon as the weather breaks...so...i dunno

ive heard stories of cops (maybe diff by state an if the cop wants to be an a-hole)

example........in my state cops dont really care for tint.....BUT if you so happen to run into that one cop who wants to ruin your day.........200+ dollar fine......for EACH window

yea do the math

each window? whaaaaaaa

well, dude at the BMW spot told me that they cant fit the gun inside the tiers or some %!%+...so they cant technically get my windshield, but the front two windows are definitely finable

the back three are fine, its not illegal...

i just plan on giving a sob story about how i copped it like that, didn't know it was illegal (i see people like this all the time) and im planning on selling it when the weather breaks...

and pray he gives me a pass

but i thought the tint fines were provisional, i.e. you get a ticket and once the tint is off, the ticket is dropped...

no?

ooooo so just the 2 sides are 5%, gotcha

i would just match the front 2 to the back 3......up to you though

an call it a day.

nah, the whole thing is 5%, but i guess out here you can get the back three windows whatever you want...its the front two that gotta be >35, and the windshield cant have ANY tint...

i forgot to say, driving it back from michigan, i was stopped

but it was cause i had no plates on whatsoever...

the cop approached from my back driver's side and yelled, with gun out "please roll down all your windows, sir"

lol

to the OP, i mean the 5 is nice but why only get the 530, to me if your gettin a 5 then a 4.0 is the least you can do, if not get the 3

lol you drove back with no plates lol.............

yea laws differ everywhere.

driving with no plates around my way would have got you towed.....was it even registered or anything or you had JUST bought it and you were transporting it back home correct?

if so they woulda arrested and towed round my way lol.  you gotta do all the DMV (&#$ first, def cant just pay somebody for a car here ya go and drive around no plates, no registration etc

nah, the only thing illegal about it was that i didn't have insurance at the time...

with the bill of sale and the title i was fine...

she was like "you still need insurance...even in ohio....so im going to be nice and tell you to get off at the next exit and get insurance...."

she was a nice lady.

when i got home, the DMV told me, since my volvo was totaled and i no longer have it, i can just use those plates for 30 days until i register the car...

which is what i did.

not a law breaker?

i don't know how to take that, but no, i don't break laws outside of controlled substances concerning marijuana...

why?

4 dr. M3 is nice- my girfriend has one. Rock solid, even with over 100K on it. Steering feels perfect as opposed to my E90 which feels a little over weighted.

Aside from the wheels (especially in white) I like the wagon a lot. Before buying my 335, I considered a 328 wagon (E91?) but the closest one with low miles and manual trans was halfway across the country.

Originally Posted by ratherunique1

to the OP, i mean the 5 is nice but why only get the 530, to me if your gettin a 5 then a 4.0 is the least you can do, if not get the 3

This makes no sense at all.

right, "if youre getting a 5, go ahead and burn twice the gas."

lol

only reason i wasnt even interested in the 4.0

id rather get a 3 body with the same engine as a 5 than a 5 body with the engine of a 7....

that's just me tho.

I cant even see out of 5's when i backup at night, i dont know how you dudes do it
laugh.gif

Sidenote, any experiences getting rear ended/pulled over with tail tints? How'd that turn out for you guys?

i have tail tints too....

and i cant see when im backing up at night either...

( ._.)

looking to get an 07 3 series...I'm new to the bmw world
what should I look for, look out for etc
price range? down paymentt?

i just recently purchased an 07 750li
u had a s550 right?

nah, the whole thing is 5%, but i guess out here you can get the back three windows whatever you want...its the front two that gotta be >35, and the windshield cant have ANY tint...
did you get an inspection yet? or are you even required to? 

i had windshield tints and a couple spots wanted to fail me for them...ended up finding a connect that didnt go through any of the procedures and just gave me the sticker

Prob a dumb question: but is it true maintenance for BMW are alot more expensive vs Hondas & Toyotas? Like how much would a oil&filter change go for?

Back
Top Bottom