Boardwalk Empire Season 5 Thread - Series Finale - Eldorado

I agree that he's stupid but he's had a lot of time to backstab Chalky to take his place. At this point I don't think he ever will

Purnsley is somewhat of a loose cannon but you need one of those on your team who's down for whatever...I mess with him

Purnsley is a **** up, but honestly so was everybody when they started out before they got some guidance. I mean look at Capone in the first couple of seasons, you could almost lump him and Purnsley together. Before meeting Chalkey he was probably used to doing whatever, whenever to whomever he wanted to. He just hasn't been fully broken yet

Loved the first episode.

-Props to Purnsely for not going through with that :x :lol:

-Gillian going back to what she knows :lol:

-Hopefully we get to see more of Capone's rise. We already see him getting more cocky

I agree that he's stupid but he's had a lot of time to backstab Chalky to take his place. At this point I don't think he ever will

Nah. At this point it wouldn't make sense for Purnsely to go against Chalky. He's been 100% loyal to Chalky since their first run in. He's good in my book.

That's what I'm saying. I was just explaining that if he wanted revenge for that prison beatdown he had plenty of chances to do it, but he's been loyal the whole time

Man, the music on this show is so on point. I really liked the music the band played when introducing the Onyx Girls act. Classic jazz music, and then the shot of the girls down the line was very :pimp:

Can't believe my friends don't watch this show :smh:

Last edited:
Finally caught the premiere; solid as usual from this show.
pimp.gif

Purnsley not about that ****olding life.
laugh.gif
Can't say that I blame him.

Ol girl's breasts were looking nice.
devil.gif

That kill was vicious.
sick.gif

That agent played that naive role well. Looks like he's gonna be a problem for Nucky based on the season preview.

Kinda surprised there was no Margaret in the premiere. So I guess Nucky and Margaret are done for good. Wonder what role she'll play this season?

laugh.gif
@ ol' girl trying to get a come up of Nucky like Billy did. She should've kept here mouth shut though, because that's exactly what would've happen.

I have 2 questions about the premiere:

1. The wife and the husband set the whole thing up, right?
2. Knox is the "good" guy, in the sense that he's taking out corrupt officials and going after bootleggers?

I have 2 questions about the premiere:

1. The wife and the husband set the whole thing up, right?
2. Knox is the "good" guy, in the sense that he's taking out corrupt officials and going after bootleggers?
I think so, well at least it seems that way. I think it could be one of two things, they set that stuff up on the regular so it can go down just like that or sometimes they set it up and other times she goes to bang more dudes behind his back and this time he caught her. They could all just be in to some weird role playing though.

As for Knox that's yet to be seen. He could be out for himself or he could be on some vigilante steez.

Last edited:
^^^^^^^
They are into that stuff, for some reason guys get off on watching other men bang their wives. I don't get it but hey what do I know?

In this case he gets off on watching black men bang his wife. From the looks of it, it seems to be motivated through having power over them and humiliating them. Remember he told him to act like a ****** does. That is why Purnsley went off on him the way he did, that was pent up anger from all the disrespect he expeirenced. I laughed out loud when he called the wife the devil.

As for Knox, I think he is just a badass. He saw an opportunity to not only make a good bust {which is what he said in the car}, but also be the top man. He got that other agent taken out, so he can get his spot, and killed the man supposedly responsible for killing him. He is going to be in a good spot come next episode

Last edited:
Right, okay that's what I got from the whole thing.

As for Knox, I like his character a lot. I have a feeling I'm going to really like this season, especially since they're incorporating the whole "beginning of jazz" element. BE does such a great job of evoking the time period.

Some of you must not have seen the preview for the coming season. The Dr. runs Harlem and from what I saw, is gonna try to get Nucky to take Chalky out of the picture. He said something like "Mr. White's time has passed" or something like that to Nucky. I'm wondering if he's supposed to be a fictional version of Bumpy Johnson... :nerd:

I think it was foreshadowing when the ****hold wife asked Purnsley what's his boss like. Looks like he's getting fed up with taking orders from Chalky and might end up flipping on him when the Dr. gets involved. Guess we'll see though.

It also looks like Chalky and the Dr.'s daughter will get involved with each other from the previews but it's just speculation at this point...

Finally watched the episode. Great first episode. Usually things don't get interesting in this show till episode 4 or 5 imo

Yeah I caught the preview that's why I wanted to give a reason in my speculation instead of just saying what he said. I still think Chalky says or does something to get Narcisse to say that to Nucky.

He may have some characteristics based off Bumpy but to me has to be something somewhat new just cuz he's a doctor in 1924 Harlem and apparently at the same time a leader and the boss of crime for the black community in Harlem. Doesn't seem like much but being a doctor and addressed as such changes the approach to the character.

Yea, after I put more thought into it, Bumpy Johnson doesn't come into power until after Luchiano is running NY...

im starting to think nucky will just ally with capone, luciano, lansky and harrow to eventually help them take over from torrio, masseria and rothstein from behind the scenes

first of all it wasnt friction he stepped incorrectly, unfortunately for him, to the wrong man. i would have killed him then.

his next strike was pissing on al capones car, trying to start stuff with the chicago italians.

and finally last night, his stupidity and inability to play his role led to his third and hopefully final mistake.

just admit you got caught talkin slick trying to be funny, ill let it go. purnsley is a **** boy str8 up and it didnt start last night with his ****old lifestyle. and dont throw your insecurities onto me.
Whoa I aint get caught talking anything trying to be anything. With your bull **** reasoning it'd be much better if you were scorned by a ****old wife. Aint no way I or anybody else is suppose to know these ridiculous reasons you have for why Purnsley should be dead.

You obviously don't have the mentality of a boss if you'd kill him due to the conflict in his introduction, you're simplifying of that scene and the two characters in that altercation shows a complete misunderstanding of what was trying to be conveyed about Chalky more than anything and the second thing with Capone is complete bull ****. Disrespect will be met with disrespect. Simple as that. You talking like Chalky aint have a problem with Capone from the jump. I'm not even gonna get in to whatever you think his role is and you thinking he should be playing it when it's more than obvious he's made his way to being Chalky's right hand man.

So now that you've made it clear I'll just chalk this up to you having a clear bias against Purnsley.

As for insecurities, I don't know what the **** you're talking about but I'm sure you got some weak *** reasoning for that too.

Yea, after I put more thought into it, Bumpy Johnson doesn't come into power until after Luchiano is running NY...

True. When I saw "Harlem" in the preview I thought he was playing Bumpy Johnson but he looks too old to be playing Bumpy Johnson in 1924.

The writers of BE always find a way to exhibit bizarre sexual acts on scene... We've already seen it with Van Alden, Rosetti, and now that Dickey dude...

As for Purnsley, I don't think he should be offed, and I think he has been loyal to Chalky for a minute. More so because I think Chalky spared his life in the jail scene. But they could be setting something up for later events in the season...

As Chalky's power and responsibility grows, will he ever learn to read? I'm sure pride won't allow him to have his wife or kids teach him, but how much longer can he survive that way? He is dealing in different circles now, and eventually it will be exposed.

Back
Top Bottom