Bomb Patrol: Afghanistan

Anyone watch this show? It's basically Hurt Locker, but real life. It's crazy out there. Props to the military persons - it's a tough life.

One thing I caught in the episode I watched (it was on a Navy troop - unsure if it's always the same folks), is that there were multiple people who mentioned, "this was their job." It wasn't like they were proud to be fighting for their country or something like that. It's definitely different from what's fed in the news media and ads - "Be all you can be" or "Honor code" type stuff - it's more like I'm out here and I can't wait to go home.

I'd be guilty of a lot of military crimes if I was out there, man. Those IED's took out 10 trucks in a clearing mission, which wasn't even that long of area. That's 10 different IED's going off unexpectedly - not including the ones that were diffused. The holes that they were blowin up were reeeeeeediculous - super heavy armored trucks getting diced. I'd be super suspect of everyone out there not with me.

If you like Hurt Locker and into that stuff - DVR it.. I think you'll like it lots.

Originally Posted by 6dollaBURGER

there were multiple people who mentioned, "this was their job." It wasn't like they were proud to be fighting for their country or something like that. It's definitely different from what's fed in the news media and ads - "Be all you can be" or "Honor code" type stuff - it's more like I'm out here and I can't wait to go home.

I think a lot of people need to understand this right here.  I feel bad for so many of the people out there in the Middle East (citizens and soldiers alike).  If you want to see another good documentary about this I recommend watching "The Ground Truth."  It's put together by soldiers who are either in the war, or have made it back.  

my friend is using his GI bill right now and he said he wants to reenlist in the army and do EOD. I was like whaaaaaaa but more power to him if he wants to.

While the American news media completely ignores the reporting civilian casualties in the Af/Pak region, reality tv show crews are following around bomb squads.

Back
Top Bottom