BOSTON COP CALLS GATES BANANA EATING JUNGLE MONKEY Vol. I'm Not Racist

Originally Posted by cguy610

Originally Posted by Fede DPT

If you think the Black Panthers are comparable to the KKK, you obviously DO NOT read history.

Really? Just like the New Black Panthers stood outside a Philly voting booth this past election with NIGHT STICKS intimidating voters just like how the KKK did before the Voters Intimidation Act of 1965?

The New Black Panthers are NOT the Black Panthers. Good try though.

[h3]There Is No New Black Panther Party: An Open Letter From the Dr. Huey P. Newton Foundation[/h3]In response from numerous requests from individual's seeking information on the "New Black Panthers," the Dr. Huey P. Newton Foundation issues this public statement to correct the distorted record being made in the media by a small band of African Americans calling themselves the New Black Panthers. As guardian of the true history of the Black Panther Party, the Foundation, which includes former leading members of the Party, denounces this group's exploitation of the Party's name and history. Failing to find its own legitimacy in the black community, this band would graft the Party's name upon itself, which we condemn.

Firstly, the people in the New Black Panthers were never members of the Black Panther Party and have no legitimate claim on the Party's name. On the contrary, they would steal the names and pretend to walk in the footsteps of the Party's true heroes, such as Black Panther founder Huey P. Newton, George Jackson and Jonathan Jackson, Bunchy Carter, John Huggins, Fred Hampton, Mark Cark, and so many others who gave their very lives to the black liberation struggle under the Party's banner.

Secondly, they denigrate the Party's name by promoting concepts absolutely counter to the revolutionary principles on which the Party was founded. Their alleged media assault on the Ku Klux Klan serves to incite hatred rather than resolve it. The Party's fundamental principle, as best articulated by the great revolutionary Ernesto "Che" Guevara, was: "A true revolutionary is guided by great feelings of love." The Black Panthers were never a group of angry young militants full of fury toward the "white establishment." The Party operated on love for black people, not hatred of white people.

Furthermore, this group claims it would "teach" the black community about armed self-defense. The arrogance of this claim is overwhelmed by its reactionary nature. Blacks, especially in the South, have been armed in self-defense for a very long time; indeed, the spiritual parent of the Party itself was the Louisiana-based Deacons for Defense. However, the Party understood that the gun was not necessarily revolutionary, for the police and all other oppressive forces had guns. It was the ideology behind the gun that determined its nature.

Because the Party believed that only the masses of people would make the revolution, the Party never presumed itself to be above the people. The Party considered itself a servant of the people and taught by example.
Given massive black hunger, the Party provided free breakfast for children and other free food programs. In the absence of decent medical facilities in the black community, the Party operated free medical clinics. In the face of police brutality, the Party stood up and resisted. Considering the overwhelming number of blacks facing trials and long prison terms, the Party developed free legal aids and bussing-to-prison programs.

The question the Foundation raises, then, is who are these people laying claim to the Party's history and name? Are they reactionary provocateurs, who would instigate activities counterproductive to the people's interests, causing mayhem and death? Are they entertainers, who would posture themselves before the media, and, according to numerous sources, with empty guns, to spin gold for themselves? Are they, given the history of their late-leader Khalid Muhammad, a group of anti-Semites like the very Ku Klux Klan they allegedly oppose? What is their agenda?

Conditions for blacks in America today are worse than when the Black Panther Party was formed in 1966. Blacks in the main continue to live in poverty; disproportionate percentages of blacks die from AIDS and cancer, as the black infant mortality rate continues to be double that of whites. There is a desperate need for liberation agenda. The Black Panther Party unarguably set the example, espousing principles and a history that certainly should be embraced by all those still struggling for freedom. Rather than appropriating the Party's name, however, groups that purport to represent African Americans ought to follow the Party's true historical example. In the absence of such commitment, the Foundation denounces the usurpation of the Black Panther Party name by this questionable band of self-appointed leaders.

For further reading on the Black Panther Party, please visit our website at www.blackpanther.org. Books by and about the Black Panthers can also be purchased online through this site. Suggested reading includes Revolutionary Suicide, To Die for the People, War Against the Panthers, This Side of Glory, and A Taste of Power.

Originally Posted by J Burner

^^^what gave him the impression that he was being unfairly targeted, other than the fact that the officer was white. I will ask you AGAIN FOR THE 4TH TIME NOW to show me how Crowley's actions justified Gates calling him racist.
PS who here justified Gates calling Cowley a racist?

i think most people here, including myself have said that Gates comments were dumb and inaccurate.

Originally Posted by 718stylez

^^^what gave him the impression that he was being unfairly targeted, other than the fact that the officer was white. I will ask you AGAIN FOR THE 4TH TIME NOW to show me how Crowley's actions justified Gates calling him racist.
i've told you, you just don't seem to like the answer. i've given you an entire synopsis of police/african- american relations in the greater boston metro area so that you can understand where his actions come from, yet you ignore it and ask for an answer.

No, you have yet to answer how OFFICER CROWLEY'S SPECIFIC ACTIONS WARRANTED HIM BEING CALLED A RACIST. I didn't ask you to tell me why you feel Gatesis justified in being racist, I asked you to tell me how CROWLEY WAS RACIST. 5th time now, I figure if I put it in CAPS you might be able to read it easier,since you're having some trouble.

PS who here justified Gates calling Cowley a racist?

i think most people here, including myself have said that Gates comments were dumb and inaccurate.

^^^good, so we agree Gates was unjustified and racist in his actions.
laugh.gif
almost.

gates was unjustified in his actions yes

racist no.

accusing someone of racism doesn't necessarily mean that the accuser is racist. where did Gates ever call the officer any derogatory term used for whitepeople?

Originally Posted by 718stylez

we're just going to have to disagree on this. maybe i see things differently as a black man. i get that police profile based on crime etc, but boston has a history of straight up abuse. and based on that considerable history i can understand why he charged the cop with being racist.

to your second point about the police report, i didn't hear him call the cop a racist slur for white people. the guy works at harvard and lives in a predominantly white section of town. he doesn't espouse anti-white rhetoric. i think he was misguided to call the cop a racist, but saying someone is racist doesn't make you a racist. take it for what it is.

There goes a double standard. If a white person says he has Black friends people say "oh, that doesnt mean he isnt a racist."

Fede whenever a race topic comes up it's funny that everytime you try to demonize black people as much as possible. I find that curious and telling of the type of person you are.

An ignorant and hateful dbag.

I demonize Black people as much as possible? Please. I bet you are the type of person who tries SOOOOOO hard to prove to Black people that you aren't a racist because you are white. I'm not racist, I don't think anyone is inferior to anybody. I hate people who try to justify things for Black people because there were racial tensions in the past, like Blacks were the ONLY people discriminated against? I've been probably discriminated against more than anyone on here because I was Jewish. I've been called "honkie" and "hymie" from Blacks in my old neighborhood and a "****" by anglo saxons. Should I march around hating everybody? Should I run to Germany to ask for reparations because I had family in the Holocaust? Should I got to Washington and ask for "Fairness" because Jews make up a minute minority in the world?

But Yeah you got me picked out clean man. Because I haven't sat on a porch with my black friends and when the security system went off, and a cop came. Twopeople living there showed id's, they never said anything but "I live here" and "Yes officer" "No officer", the cop says"should I know you?" "calls in the id of the oldest kid living there." and says "I may need back up" when a bunch of teens aresitting on a porch when an alrm goes off.

I haven't been in a car with a black kid as a cop mocks him for going to college for music.

I haven't busted my +$! doing community service in urban areas, I haven't seen the judicial system right in front of me the time I spent there day in,day out where people are harrassed where as, you could walk the street normally.

I haven't been stared at and given dirty looks, and shouted at because I was holding hands with a latin girl or a black girl.

"Racial tensions" is this case here. Slavery, Jim Crow, lynchings, water hoses, billy clubs, and dogs is not racial tension that is racialoppression.

Blacks are not the only ones being discriminated against. But IN THIS COUNTRY, tell me one race even close to the discrimination level of blacks.Blacks,Muslims,Asains,Hispanics have been discriminated 1000000000000x more than any white person in this country.. Things I can do that a black personcan't.. I can be in any nice neighborhood in the country. Find a non famous black guy in a nice car and rich neighborhood and see if he gets stopped.

You have been discriminated not because you were Jewish but because you are an ahole who thinks you are better than everyone. YOU NEVER HUMBLE YOURSELF. Neverlisten to anyone, and never try to relate with anyone. Black people rarely call white people names because you are white, it is because you are a prick. And bsyou have been discriminated more than anyone here. I have been name called, laughed at, and ridiculed, called a "n-word lover" because "Idon't help my own kind" as much as I do any other race.

And stop with the all black people want repirations crap.. It is such a small % it is probably the same number as Jewish people who want repirations. And AREYOU TALKING ABOUT THE MLK MARCH on Wash. or MILLION MAN MARCH because either way, you are an idiot, to think this country has been fair to blacks as they havebeen to whites.

Once again you prove you are an ignorant, hateful racist dbag. And BTW there were reparations for the Holocaust MAYBE YOU SHOULD READ SOME HISTORY.

718stylez, so now you have to use derogatory words to be racist? And youre right, just because you accuse someone of being racist doesn't mean you'reracist. But when you accuse someone of being racist for ABSOLUTELY NO REASON other than the fact that the person is a different race than you IS RACIST. SoYes, the fact that Gates shouted racist at Crowly makes Gates racist, because Gates ONLY reason for calling Crowley racist is because Crowly was white. Youthink Gates would have called Crowley racist if the officer was black? You know damn well he would not...

When will you guys learn to stop arguing with morons over the internet ?

Originally Posted by EzFlash26

The after-I-got-caught "Im not a racist, I swear I have so many black friends" excuse is always the most disgusting part about these incidents. So cowardly & B' made....

I would respect these #!*@ more if they just stand by what they said so I know where they stand....

word to t-bone and some other NTers that have used the same excuse

I guess we are all a little racist in some way, because it all goes back to representing the team/group you come from.

718stylez, so now you have to use derogatory words to be racist? And youre right, just because you accuse someone of being racist doesn't mean you're racist. But when you accuse someone of being racist for ABSOLUTELY NO REASON other than the fact that the person is a different race than you IS RACIST. So Yes, the fact that Gates shouted racist at Crowly makes Gates racist, because Gates ONLY reason for calling Crowley racist is because Crowly was white. You think Gates would have called Crowley racist if the officer was black? You know damn well he would not...
yes, racism is a power thing. you have to put someone up or down based on their racial affiliation.

-noun[table][tr][td]1.[/td] [td]a belief or doctrine that inherent differences among the various human races determine cultural or individual achievement, usually involving the idea that one's own race is superior and has the right to rule others.[/td] [/tr][/table][table][tr][td]2.[/td] [td]a policy, system of government, etc., based upon or fostering such a doctrine; discrimination.[/td] [/tr][/table][table][tr][td]3.[/td] [td]hatred or intolerance of another race or other races.[/td] [/tr][/table]
what did anything that gates said that would fulfill any of this criteria? and i've said it before, it wasn't just about the guy just being white. itwas about the guy being a white cop dealing with a black man in an area of the country whose white police departments have historically treated blacks horribly. if you can't understand the nuance of this argument then igive up.

oddly enough Fede mentioned how police were justified in profiling various racial groups based on where theres been a proven history of various crimes. yetwhen a person of a certain group profiles cops based on a proven history of how police treat them its seen as racist and unacceptable?!?

718stylez, so now you have to use derogatory words to be racist? And youre right, just because you accuse someone of being racist doesn't mean you're racist. But when you accuse someone of being racist for ABSOLUTELY NO REASON other than the fact that the person is a different race than you IS RACIST. So Yes, the fact that Gates shouted racist at Crowly makes Gates racist, because Gates ONLY reason for calling Crowley racist is because Crowly was white. You think Gates would have called Crowley racist if the officer was black? You know damn well he would not...
Your trying so hard to make this argument.

You fail to see the real issue which is way bigger than what happened with the cop Crowly and Professor Gates.

How did this thread digress from "Boston cop calls Gates banana eating jungle monkey" to a debate about Gates being the racist? Wow... if you'rereally going out of your way to make a concrete statement about a victim of a racial slur being the true racist, something is a little off about your responseto this post and an introspection might reveal true feelings about your perspective.

Fede, discrimination is discrimination but understand this--the discrimination faced by jews CAN be avoided. The same cannot be said about the discriminationtargeted and encountered by peoples of color.

Originally Posted by AirPhilippines

If I'm a black man and some cop is arresting me for what I presume is being in my own house, I'm sure I would be angry and thinking the cop is racist too.
Amazing how many people think the guy was arrested for being in his own house, are you guys really that ignorant? The police didn't just show up at the guys house, and arrest him. He was arrested because he was acting like a damned fool, and being uncooperative with a police investigation that was prompted by a NEIGHBOR'S 911 CALL!

Due to his frustration which wasn't clearly explained to him by the officer, and as the officer was leaving, Gates was upset because he thought the officerwas a racist.You must live under a rock to think a black man wouldn't feel he was racially profiled.Connect the damn dots and step your comprehension up,that analogy is how GATES FELT which is why he called him a RACIST!!!

Gates was an a-hole in that situation.

The cop was an a-hole in that situation.

The thing is, the cop should have just kept walking, gotten into the car and drove away.

When he put Gates in cuffs for no reason other than being an a-hole he crossed the line. Neither guys wanted to humble themselves, but it's the cop'sJOB to be humbe in certain situations and de-escalate situations like this.

Gates didn't call the cop a racist because he was White. He called the cop a racist because he was a COP. It's that simple. There are Black cops thattarget Blacks, Hispanic cops that target Hispanics, etc. and everyone has run into them.

I don't know what pro-KKK literature you guys have been reading, but the KKK started out as just one of many groups of well-off whites that would start asocial club and convince poorer whites to terrorize Black people i.e. burning down houses, raping black women, killing prominent black men, burning down blackchurches, etc. The KKK just happened to be the most financially backed and therefore was able to open branches and chapters around the country. The beginningshad no intentions of "social justice" but of keeping Blacks from adapting to free life during Reconstruction, as during this time many Blacks werebeginning to follow the leadership of literate Blacks who had fought in the Civil War and learned from their time in the war about politics and the strength ofa voting block. It wasn't a fear that Blacks would infringe on Whites, but an anger towards the fact that Blacks thought they could possibly be on the samelevel intellectually or even morally as Whites, who at that time felt they were the obvious genetic superiors.

When he put Gates in cuffs for no reason other than being an a-hole he crossed the line. Neither guys wanted to humble themselves, but it's the cop's JOB to be humbe in certain situations and de-escalate situations like this.
De-escalation through cuffing.

According to a statement from Boston police, Commissioner Edward Davis took action immediately on learning of Barrett's remarks, stripping the officer of his gun and badge.

Barrett is "on administrative leave, pending the outcome of a termination hearing."

See this is the problem, people claim that police are "racially profiling", but it isnt race they are profiling. Police profile the patterns, if you have X amount of robberies in your neighbothood and most of the people are arrested happen to be Black are you going to look at Blacks more, whites more, or hispanics more?
laugh.gif
roll.gif

This guy actually believes (based on arrest numbers) that if you are black, that you are more likely to rob people.

KKK=Black Panthers
roll.gif

Back
Top Bottom