Brah... She Just Don't Know....

Pissed off about it, but I'm not about to condemn every white person for one idiot's words.. **** her.

I haven't read too much into the thread, but ill place my two cents here.

I think that there are white americans that genuinely sympathize with black american race injustices. That being said, no one can fully grasp how much and how deep of an impact racism has unless it actively happens to you and it has become subjective ruling code that affects your way of life. It's not some trophy to win, if we could we'd give it to the next race.

When a white person says that they know what I go through then I often feel that they're incorrect, but because it's coming from a good place it never bothers me to the point of frustration or where I get up in arms. I do think it's key to know that sympathy does not quantify and equal an experience of racism. It's also important to realize fully that in the same respect, being overtly reactive to these slights can/will/have had negative impacts on how we progress forward as a race and how change is made.

*steps down and periodically checks thread*

meh.

you'd have to say some really ****** up **** for me to even get offended nowadays.
I mean, no ones going to say something in my physical area or to my face, that's flat out disrespect

But white people being racist is just lame now, the same way they say the race card is played out, these jokes are played, "monkeys everywhere" I get it it's supposed to be dark humor but it's just corny, like if someone wore a scream mask and hash tagged "I'm killin em lol"

it's whack

I haven't read too much into the thread, but ill place my two cents here.

I think that there are white americans that genuinely sympathize with black american race injustices. That being said, no one can fully grasp how much and how deep of an impact racism has unless it actively happens to you and it has become subjective ruling code that affects your way of life. It's not some trophy to win, if we could we'd give it to the next race.

When a white person says that they know what I go through then I often feel that they're incorrect, but because it's coming from a good place it never bothers me to the point of frustration or where I get up in arms. I do think it's key to know that sympathy does not quantify and equal an experience of racism. It's also important to realize fully that in the same respect, being overtly reactive to these slights can/will/have had negative impacts on how we progress forward as a race and how change is made.

*steps down and periodically checks thread*

Shhhhhh, they'll think your tryna "defend" the white man if you don't think all whites are evil.

Shhhhhh, they'll think your tryna "defend" the white man if you don't think all whites are evil.
lol, why act like we agree if you're gonna write something slick like this a few posts later? No one said all whites are evil, but historically the masters of oppression in this country have all been whites. that's just a fact and its strange to see someone non-white get bent out of shape over someone saying that.

No one said all whites are evil, but historically the masters of oppression in this country have all been whites.

Not that you're wrong, but I long for the days when we begin to realize it's about $ as opposed to black vs. white.

Last edited:
Not that you're wrong, but I long for the days when we begin to realize it's about $ as opposed to black vs. white.

Money is definitely a major cog in the engine, but there are many other moving parts. Since everything is interlinked, it's really a tough issue to discuss. :smh:

Racism sucks.

No one said all whites are evil, but historically the masters of oppression in this country have all been whites.
i mean, she said look at the monkeys

not look at these poor black people

it is black vs white

slavery initially started as pure $, but once there became a psychology to it, its been black/white

dont try to appeal to everyones ambitious nature to try and skim past racism

it is black vs white

slavery initially started as pure $, but once there became a psychology to it, its been black/white

No one's skimming past it. I'm addressing the root cause.

it is black vs white

No one's skimming past it. I'm addressing the root cause.
we're way past the root cause, racism is not about money right now so you addressing it is doing nothing but trying to take away from the fact that people are judged by the color of their skin 

ok, it started out as a means to make money, whose seein dollar signs in this girls post????

racism is not about money right
Hmm I'm not so sure about that. While I agree that there is a superiority behind it in many cases, money always plays a role. In everything.
you killed whatever credible point you had by chopping my statement and not addressing it fully

of course money plays a role, but when Oprah was denied entrance to Hermes in Paris, and denied the chance to look at a purse in an unnamed designer store in Switzerland, there is no money argument there, the Hermes store even said they had been having problems with African immigrants. . . 

again man, stop trying to deflect

Hmm I'm not so sure about that. While I agree that there is a superiority behind it in many cases, money always plays a role. In everything.
how are you going to literally cut out one part of his sentence when it doesn't even contain his complete thought :lol: c'mon son

You really do not know the definition of "understand" in it's most basic form. That's the problem. You're making it sound like to have a basic "understanding" of the issue, I would have had to be black at one point.

That's completely asinine.

Basically, I get it, but i don't feel it from your POV. How is that hard to understand get?
You still won't get it Mr.smartypants.

mean.gif
OD. i don't wanna turn it into that thread cuz there are some lowkey wifebeaters on NT...but cmon man, show some class.
what the hell are you talking about? this isn't about beating your significant other.

nobody expressed feelings about wanting to hurt the girl, forgot this section has gotten mad soft lately.

Back
Top Bottom