Brandon Jennings is a top 3 point guard

Is he a top 3 point guard?

Naw, but in terms of players who play the point guard position, I think he is up there. Arguably he could be the best shooting pg from the Rose, Westbrook, Dwill, CP3 and Rondo crew. He doesnt have as good court vision or playmaking ability that Rondo has, but he can shoot tons better. I dont know whats been wrong with Dwill and his team lately. His buzz went away, no one really talks about him anymore, no that it takes away from his talent. Westbrook is better at taking it in, but is a streaky shooter. Rose hands down is a better pg and player. Cp3 is too, I just hate his whiny attitude.

I agree. Seriously.

Put him on a squad that has weapons like Rose, Westbrook has and it'll be over

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by bleach

Originally Posted by MonStar1

Originally Posted by bleach

what 5 do you put above him?  i really am curious
are you serious? go drink your screen name if you think he's top 5.

Derrick Rose
CP3
D-Will (nets are a bad team, he's a great player)
Rondo (dude is hurt, he's a winner, does EVERYTHING but shoot it well)
Westbrook

they bucks aren't exactly the greatest team either
either way, brandon has been playing better than a few guys on that list this season, time will tell if he can keep it up

Jennings isn't playing better than anybody on my list.  Also D-Will averages a whole 3 assist more.  Stop disrespecting guys who have put in work and have made all-star teams.  Dudes that have had amazing play-off games and been the face of franchises.  Dudes with Olympic gold medals.
laugh.gif

He's not on that level yet....

Originally Posted by Savraj1

Dwill has regressed though since coming to NJ and Nash is old.
Nash leads the league in assists. his 2nd best player is Marcin Gortat.

don't disrespect a legend

Originally Posted by itsaboutthattime

whoa whoa whoa whoa.. there are these guys playing (not saying ALL are better.. but there are ALOT of good PGs)

Derrick Rose
Chris Paul
Deron Williams
Rajon Rondo
Russell Westbrook
Stephen Curry
Tony Parker
Kyle Lowry
Steve Nash
Ty Lawson
Rubio
Irving
John Wall
Jrue Holiday
Mike Conley

hell you even have Jose Calderon, Ray Felton and Andre Miller
He is lightyears ahead of jennings at this point and he isnt cracking the top five. what was OP thinking?
laugh.gif

Rose and Dwill are the only point guards to have three over 30 points games and at least 10 assists this year.

Dwill plays on a bad team. But has been playing much better the past two weeks.

Rose, CP3, Dwill, etc etc etc etc..................Brandon Jennings. i say top 15 if you want to be fair. but nowhere near top 5 status.

Originally Posted by af1 1982

John Wall>>BJ by a mile.
laugh.gif
seriously.. That is false
 LOL.. No he is not top 3.. There are too many good point guards, things could interchange any day in that 4-15 range.  To me, he is on the outskirts of top 5 status.  Could change anytime though.

Originally Posted by Savraj1

1. Rose

2. Paul

3. Jennings

4. Westbrook
eek.gif
sick.gif

This is the worst top 4 PG list I have ever seen in my life.  I wholeheartedly disagree with every single ranking.  You cant be serious right now.

Jennings is not top 3. Probably wont ever be with Rose, CP3, and D-Will. Him hitting the 4-6 range isnt unrealistic though. Ive been telling everyone though that this is the year we see him actually break out. This is only his third year... only 22 years old. Tons of time and potential.

Jennings is a natural playmaker, he IS a good passer. As we know he can light it up too. If you look at his high school and all-american games you'll see it. Oak Hill who recruits more stars than anyone and broke scoring records. 60+ point games. I know its highschool not the NBA but this past summer in all those leagues he was doing the same stuff against guys like Durant. He was dropping 40, 50, points in those games too. His 55 point game as a rookie wasnt a fluke. I guarantee its not the only game he goes off like that in an NBA game.

He's got alot of flash to his game with a very diverse skill set. He needs players around him to fit his style of play. He's noted he prefers making a play passing over scoring. He needs someone....anyone to throw a friggin lob to. Once the Bucks get that player that can compliment him, some type of slasher or playmaker to take away some pressure, Brandons game will improve alot faster. We will see 40 point games, and we will see 10+ assist games.

He's got tons of potential in every aspect of play. Shooting, passing, dribbling, vision, defense, ect. Its all there. But unless he gets the correct sqaud around him his growth will be delayed or stunted. Not one person on the Bucks right now fits with him. Best case scenario given the Bucks estimated draft pick is we get Perry Jones. And call me crazy but I always thought if we stuck JR Smith in the backcourt with him alot of damage could be done. Is JR free to go anywhere after his China stint?

To say he's top 3 is absolutely ******ed. But I feel he's underrated. He drops 55 as a rookie and everyones mad cause he doesnt do it again. Ignores what he did in the playoffs as a rookie w/o Bogut. Gets bashed all of last year when he missed half the year. Havent seen anyone talk about his play since until now, and dudes are saying John Wall is better by a mile. Hell no. Unless you guys have league pass and watch the Bucks consistently which I highly doubt you will see the talent and amount of potential BJ possesses.

Originally Posted by kidoopz

Originally Posted by af1 1982

John Wall>>BJ by a mile.
laugh.gif
seriously.. That is false
 LOL.. No he is not top 3.. There are too many good point guards, things could interchange any day in that 4-15 range.  To me, he is on the outskirts of top 5 status.  Could change anytime though.
How is that false? John Wall is a stud and would be a Top 7 Point Guard on a decent team. Brandon Jennings? I just don't like his game. He's a chucker and he's not a true point guard. He's a shooting guard at the point guard position. John Wall has shown that he can be a point guard in this league. Shoot, BJ isn't even the best player on his team....

Back
Top Bottom