Originally Posted by dland24

Originally Posted by Savraj1

1. Rose

2. Paul

3. Jennings

4. Westbrook
eek.gif
sick.gif

This is the worst top 4 PG list I have ever seen in my life.  I wholeheartedly disagree with every single ranking.  You cant be serious right now.

the whole thread is pointless but i really like to see ur top 4 if you think Rose isn't #1.

There needs to be some sort of sports aptitude test people must take before being allowed to make threads.

1. CP3
2. Rose

3. Dwill
4. Westbrook
5. Nash
6. Rondo

7. Wall
8. Lawson
9. Irving
10. Jennings/Curry/Conley

so he's maybeeee top 10...

BJ is borderline top 10

off top i would take Rose, D-Will, CP3, Lowry, Wall, Nash, Westbrook, Lawson, Rondo over him

He's not top 3, but he has a lot of potential to be higher ranked then he is now. I don't see him being a top PG in the league (With CP, DWill, Rose, etc) but in some time once he gets some better talent around him he'll climb the ranks some more. Great scorer who can also make plays & has good speed & court vision... Those tools are lethal if he is able to improve them more & put them to use with some better players. He's on his way to improving even more since he's still so young.

Even if he's having a bad season...I doubt there is a SINGLE GM that would pick Jennings over Wall to run their team. And I'm a BJ fan.

Originally Posted by DIOR PAINT

Even if he's having a bad season...I doubt there is a SINGLE GM that would pick Jennings over Wall to run their team. And I'm a BJ fan.

I think quite a few would at this point and even if they didn't Wall is not better than Jennings by a mile.
Wall is athletic, thats about it at this point.

He can't shoot to save his life, he's injury prone, he makes some elementary school mistakes (running 100 mph into traffic, unforced TOs, unnecessarily tough attempts), lack of leadership/mental toughness (sulking to the media 2 seasons in)...he hasn't shown me anything that would make me pick him hands down over a winner like Jennings.

Wall is talented but he has a lot of things to work on to take advantage of those talents, theres no guarantee that he will ever live up to that.

Jennings already showed what he can do. 20 and 5 consistently with heart, always ready for the big game.

If I want to win now, I'm picking Jennings.

Is he Paul, Rose, Williams, or even Rondo(no shot aside)- absolutely not. He's probably in the next tier of guys 5-12 on any given night that if paired with the right guy(s) could be just outside that elite group...Everyone just needs to chill and realize BJ3 is up and coming.  Does that mean he is the next A.I.- doubtful.  Never will score and shouldn't need to score that much.  If the Bucks can somehow tank a little bit the rest of the season, avoid the playoffs, and magically land in the top 5 for the draft, maybe they can get someone to really compliment BJ3 and his game.

All that being said, with the current state of the Eastern Conference, and the way the Bucks seem to do best with an unimpressive and overachieving lineup, they probably make the playoffs as a 7/8 seed and get bounced first round only to find themselves picking 15th.
tired.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
eek.gif

Career shooting percentage is .388, has never won a playoff series, has never averaged > 5.7 assists, and is only 22 years old. Yup sounds about right for a current top-3 point guard
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by goldenchild9

I think quite a few would at this point and even if they didn't Wall is not better than Jennings by a mile.

He can't shoot to save his life, he's injury prone, he makes some elementary school mistakes (running 100 mph into traffic, unforced TOs, unnecessarily tough attempts), lack of leadership/mental toughness (sulking to the media 2 seasons in)...he hasn't shown me anything that would make me pick him hands down over a winner like Jennings.

Wall is talented but he has a lot of things to work on to take advantage of those talents, theres no guarantee that he will ever live up to that.

Jennings already showed what he can do. 20 and 5 consistently with heart, always ready for the big game.

I think you're living in the moment right now.
Wall is a pure point. His gift is to distribute the basketball. Jennings is the classic "make an assist only when it's a highlight" pg and he's always been that way since HS. Not a knock on him but Wall is the type of PG most players DESIRE to play with because he knows how to get them the ball. The only rookie in NBA history to put up more assists than Wall was Mark Jackson. He averaged more assists than Chris Paul, Deron Williams, Nash (I know he didn't play much), Jason Kidd, Derrick Rose, and damn near any other top flight point you can think of. 
Jennings is a winner now? One playoff berth with a first round exit in year one and missing the playoffs in year 2. Don't know a resume like that can qualify someone as a winner. 

You're right. Wall can't shoot. But Jennings shot 37% in year one. 39% in year two. Currently 44%. So can we say Jennings is a shooter? Or does he just shoot alot? And as "athletically" gifted as he was pegged coming into the league...it hasn't translated...as evident by his low # of FTA's. 

And I hate to make excuses for Wall...but anyone who's watched that team consistently this year consistently can see that he gets frustrated when the offense (or lack thereof) breaks down and he just ducks his head and goes full speed at the rim far too often. 

Wall is a pure point. His gift is to distribute the basketball. Jennings is the classic "make an assist only when it's a highlight" pg and he's always been that way since HS. Not a knock on him but Wall is the type of PG most players DESIRE to play with because he knows how to get them the ball. The only rookie in NBA history to put up more assists than Wall was Mark Jackson. He averaged more assists than Chris Paul, Deron Williams, Nash (I know he didn't play much), Jason Kidd, Derrick Rose, and damn near any other top flight point you can think of. 
Jennings is a winner now? One playoff berth with a first round exit in year one and missing the playoffs in year 2. Don't know a resume like that can qualify someone as a winner. 

You're right. Wall can't shoot. But Jennings shot 37% in year one. 39% in year two. Currently 44%. So can we say Jennings is a shooter? Or does he just shoot alot? And as "athletically" gifted as he was pegged coming into the league...it hasn't translated...as evident by his low # of FTA's. 

And I hate to make excuses for Wall...but anyone who's watched that team consistently this year consistently can see that he gets frustrated when the offense (or lack thereof) breaks down and he just ducks his head and goes full speed at the rim far too often. 

I cringed reading this post. Literally everything you said is wrong.
First off make an assist only when it's a highlight? What does that even mean? He passes up easy assists to those who are open because he doesnt have the opportunity to make the pass into a great highlight? You think Scott Skiles would be ok with that? No Like I said before Jennings has said he prefers to make the pass before shooting. If you watch him play he's the type that takes what you give him. Skiles has made it clear he wants to make Jennings become a smart player and you can see the progression. If anything Skiles is limiting Brandon his highlight plays. Given what the Bucks have surrounding BJ isnt helping him or Skiles. In time i think a balance will be found between flashy plays and smart plays. Currently the flashy plays are low. He's young and Skiles is emphasizing being smart, with more experience you'll then see the highlight plays increase.
Next, your argument for Wall is that he's a pure point gaurd while he's averaging 4 turnovers a game? Thats not very pure. My idea of a pure point gaurd is someone who can beat you in every way. That means shooting. You look at Paul and you know how he can disect defenses with his passing ability but what makes him pure is when you lay off to defend the passing lanes he'll knock down the jumper whether its a mid range shot or a three. Wall is shooting 9% from deep...srsly. Not pure. 

The desire to play with Jennings. What about Jennings would make someone not want to play with him? Has anyone come out and openly said this? Derrick Rose isnt a pure point gaurd, definitely more of a scoring point gaurd..are you saying no one would want to play with him? 

Jennings being a winner. Well, he got drafted and his rookie year he brought the Bucks back to the playoffs for the first time in around a decade. Got the 4th or 5th seed I believe. On the biggest run of the season Boguts elbow goes in 4 different directions right before the playoffs. Jennings was the only reason they somehow even made it to game 7. Showed he could step up in the bigger stage. Last year he breaks his foot, Bogut is still not anywhere near 100% and theres no other talent on the team to rely on. This year, surprise surprise Bogut done for the year again. Jennings do everything with nothing. So you see where im going with this. Jennings is by no mean solidified as a winner, but given what he's done with whas been provided to him thus far. No reason to think he cant be one.

Shooting. You just listed 3 percentages of improvement. Then implied he shoots too much when Wall averages the same amount of attempts as Jennings his first 2 years. This year Jennings attempts of jumped by 3 more per game, but notice its also his best year by percentage at 44% Soooo idk what you're getting at.

Wall gets frustrated but Jennings doesnt? 
laugh.gif

Your argument is as bad as the thread title. Everything about this thread is awful. Im not knocking Wall hes gonna be good and has alot of potential. He's got alot of room for improvement as does Jennings. Tut he has done nothing for anyone to say he's better than Jennings by a mile. It just shows me how little everyone actually watches Jennings play.

Top-3 really? Na, it goes: Rose, Paul & DWill.

Jennings is top-10. I would take a healthy Steph Curry over him any day of the week.

Originally Posted by Jay02

I cringed reading this post. Literally everything you said is wrong.
First off make an assist only when it's a highlight? What does that even mean? He passes up easy assists to those who are open because he doesnt have the opportunity to make the pass into a great highlight? You think Scott Skiles would be ok with that? No Like I said before Jennings has said he prefers to make the pass before shooting. If you watch him play he's the type that takes what you give him. Skiles has made it clear he wants to make Jennings become a smart player and you can see the progression. If anything Skiles is limiting Brandon his highlight plays. Given what the Bucks have surrounding BJ isnt helping him or Skiles. In time i think a balance will be found between flashy plays and smart plays. Currently the flashy plays are low. He's young and Skiles is emphasizing being smart, with more experience you'll then see the highlight plays increase.
Next, your argument for Wall is that he's a pure point gaurd while he's averaging 4 turnovers a game? Thats not very pure. My idea of a pure point gaurd is someone who can beat you in every way. That means shooting. You look at Paul and you know how he can disect defenses with his passing ability but what makes him pure is when you lay off to defend the passing lanes he'll knock down the jumper whether its a mid range shot or a three. Wall is shooting 9% from deep...srsly. Not pure. 

The desire to play with Jennings. What about Jennings would make someone not want to play with him? Has anyone come out and openly said this? Derrick Rose isnt a pure point gaurd, definitely more of a scoring point gaurd..are you saying no one would want to play with him? 

Jennings being a winner. Well, he got drafted and his rookie year he brought the Bucks back to the playoffs for the first time in around a decade. Got the 4th or 5th seed I believe. On the biggest run of the season Boguts elbow goes in 4 different directions right before the playoffs. Jennings was the only reason they somehow even made it to game 7. Showed he could step up in the bigger stage. Last year he breaks his foot, Bogut is still not anywhere near 100% and theres no other talent on the team to rely on. This year, surprise surprise Bogut done for the year again. Jennings do everything with nothing. So you see where im going with this. Jennings is by no mean solidified as a winner, but given what he's done with whas been provided to him thus far. No reason to think he cant be one.

Shooting. You just listed 3 percentages of improvement. Then implied he shoots too much when Wall averages the same amount of attempts as Jennings his first 2 years. This year Jennings attempts of jumped by 3 more per game, but notice its also his best year by percentage at 44% Soooo idk what you're getting at.

Wall gets frustrated but Jennings doesnt? 
laugh.gif

Your argument is as bad as the thread title. Everything about this thread is awful. Im not knocking Wall hes gonna be good and has alot of potential. He's got alot of room for improvement as does Jennings. Tut he has done nothing for anyone to say he's better than Jennings by a mile. It just shows me how little everyone actually watches Jennings play.
You're argument would look better if you didn't expend so much effort trying to show me up. "Your argument is just as bad" "Made me cringe", etc.
!+@% outta here. Either talk hoops or shut the !+@% up. You sound like a girl arguing with her boyfriend.

And by your logic...Rondo and Jason Kidd aren't pure point guards because they can't shoot.

That make sense to you?

Originally Posted by JordanXI45

Top-3 really? Na, it goes: Rose, Paul & DWill.

Jennings is top-10. I would take a healthy Steph Curry over him any day of the week.

really? i would take jennings over curry (even if healthy). but that's just me. top 3? NO. but top ten

Westbrook gets no respect on NT..Brandon Jennings is better than Westbrook?! In what part of the game? Westbrook is more explosive, a better defender, a much better rebounder, their jump shooting ability is probably equal, and is still a star despite playing his entire career with one of the best players in the NBA. A lot of guys would be extremely overshadowed playing with Durant.

This season, Jennings is scoring 20.5 a game on 44% shooting..Westbrook is scoring 21.9 on 46% shooting.

I like BJ, especially because he is fearless and is a guy who can knock down those big shots but there are still a grip of people who run the position way more efficient than he does.
The PG position has just never been this stacked
sick.gif

Look, I've been watching the NBA since '83...Except for CP3, none of the PGs being mentioned (Jennings, Westrbrook, Wall, etc) are good PGs. None of them can successfully run a half court offense. None of them have a reliable mid range jump much less a 3. They all turn the ball over too much. Some of them even have trouble going to thier left or dribble with thier off hand well...The state of play in the NBA is as terrible as I've ever seen it. Very few players have any type of skill.

Back
Top Bottom