BREAKING NEWS: Obama backs gay marriage.

Originally Posted by rashi

Originally Posted by Deuce King

Originally Posted by rashi

Ron Paul always had been a supporter of Gay marriage or voluntary association...

Ron Paul has ABSOLUTELY no chance of winning the election this year or any other year for that matter.  His presidential campaign once again is or about to come to an end.  Let's talk about people that actually have a chance and are worth mentioning.   

Why does he not have a chance? He has been winning more delegates than Romney in State conventions.

Mitt Romney:

siFYl.jpg

Ron Paul:

rp-uclac1.jpg

MSURally4kPeople_500x281_.jpg

Stop letting the media pick your candidate, its 2012

Those are the before pictures...........................this is current picture for Ron Paul and all his so called "supporters" that show up to see him...............

13PAUL1-articleLarge.jpg

Also, as far as the delegate count goes, just open up the link below and that will show you why Paul doesn't have a chance to win anything this year or any other year.  He along with the rest of his so called "supporters" are wasting their time.

http://elections.nytimes.com/2012/primaries/delegates  

Once again, let's talk about politicians that are actually worth mentioning from this point on out. 

* Goes to Google images to find pic of Obama alone in and claims he has no supporters.... be right back

Originally Posted by Rexanglorum

160jordansdeep wrote:

but what about another alternative lifestyle

like making pot legal ?
A year or so ago, I floated the notion that marijuana consumption constituted an alternative lifestyle and it was, according to left wing doctrine, something to not only be protected but that must be respected and embraced.

Naturally, many laughed at that notion. It is clear that plowing another man's butt and calling it marriage is a sacred and protected human right but burning a dried herb and inhaling its smoke is obviously a criminal act.

The hypocrisy does not stop there though. Many pot smokers, in desperate attempt to legalize and legitimize their herd of choice, advocate for the burning of and inhaling of the smoke from condensed poppy oil to remain a criminal act and one that warrants years of capture and torture in state sanctioned dungeons.

Of course, the folks who drink the rotten byproducts of grain and grapes want all herb and poppy oil smoke breathers in a dungeon.

We live in world of dumb and greedy and myopic people, who want their pleasures to be exalted and the pleasures of others to be met with confinement and torture.

Can't we all just be libertarian?

Very good rant is very good.

You can rest assured that what Soetoro means is that he wants to lock all gays up in his FEMA reeducation camps.

Are you all asleep or what? Everything this man says is EXACTLY the opposite of what he DOES!

Some of you still like this goon?
30t6p3b.gif
  Those of you who do don't even know his real name.

Originally Posted by DIOR PAINT

Are we really debating whether or not Ron Paul has a serious chance?

LOL

BREAKING NEWS!!!

Have you seen how many people show up to Ron Paul rallys?

Keep drinking your poison water

Originally Posted by Pig Love

You can rest assured that what Soetoro means is that he wants to lock all gays up in his FEMA reeducation camps.

Are you all asleep or what? Everything this man says is EXACTLY the opposite of what he DOES!

Some of you still like this goon?
30t6p3b.gif
  Those of you who do don't even know his real name.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Have you seen how many people show up to Ron Paul rallys?

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

I bet you wouldn't be laughing if you took ten minutes to go and read about this information.

eek.gif
 READ!!! Omg

I can provide links

Originally Posted by tee99

Originally Posted by SnapNPop

Glad he said that, it I'm Black and I don't care what other people do as long as it doesn't cause harm to others, and last I checked gay-marriage isn't a nuclear missile or bomb strapped to someone's chest or underwear in the name of their beliefs, there are worst things out there folks, for the night is dark and full of terrors:wink: and this ain't one of them, the universe (God) doesn't work the way we seem to mandate according to our thoughts and rules, it's far beyond we comprehend as we'll one day find out, the issues and stuff we worry about and cast judgement on are non-factors compared to what's really out there in the universe. and that one guys post about us as Black people is sort of true unfortunately...It is hypocritical, if it was on some racist *!$ I'd be the first to point it out, but how can we as Blacks judge and mistreat anyone who's different, when we've faced intolerance and injustice for "being or looking different" for the latter part of 500 years?

How did gay marriage turn into a Black issue? lulz. 
If you bothered to read the first few pages, a poster bought up the issue about how Black people act or feel about the issue of gays and gay marriage and I merely responded to what they were saying, they had a list of things we do that would make us hypocritical, and I was responding about that list

160jordansdeep wrote:

like making pot legal ?
A year or so ago, I floated the notion that marijuana consumption constituted an alternative lifestyle and it was, according to left wing doctrine, something to not only be protected but that must be respected and embraced.

Naturally, many laughed at that notion. It is clear that plowing another man's butt and calling it marriage is a sacred and protected human right but burning a dried herb and inhaling its smoke is obviously a criminal act.

The hypocrisy does not stop there though. Many pot smokers, in desperate attempt to legalize and legitimize their herd of choice, advocate for the burning of and inhaling of the smoke from condensed poppy oil to remain a criminal act and one that warrants years of capture and torture in state sanctioned dungeons.

Of course, the folks who drink the rotten byproducts of grain and grapes want all herb and poppy oil smoke breathers in a dungeon.

We live in world of dumb and greedy and myopic people, who want their pleasures to be exalted and the pleasures of others to be met with confinement and torture.

1002d1321921390-vent-channels-applause.gif

President Obama has expressed a sentiment. He has expressed other sentiments before as well. He says that he wants Gitmo close, that the US must reduce its debt, that the stimulus would be crafted based on efficacy, that high gasoline prices are virtuous, that his cabinet will have no lobbyists and that medical marijuana dispensaries would no longer be raided.

If you are gay and want to get married or if you gay marriage is very important issue for you, do not count on the President's sentiment, especially in a quadrennial year, to turn into any sort of concrete policy change.

I hope your cynicism does not blind you to the importance of the president's "sentiment." This was not a policy-driven  pronouncement, but rather a symbolic act that reinforced many Americans' views on the president's perspective on gay rights. This "sentiment" is one that puts the president firmly on the "right side of history" on an issue that undoubtedly will be looked at in the (near) future as a large civil rights victory. 

The problem with this perspective is that the conversation regarding gay marriage largely revolves around civil rights as defined by a government, (state or federal) not individual liberty to partake in "pleasurable" activities. I completely agree that the laws we have in place and the "war on drugs" in regards to marijuana are misguided and deserve a major rethinking, but let's not throw gay marriage/rights in the same category.

For those criticizing the president for his remarks, casting them as a mostly political move, I fail to see how such an announcement could be viewed less political if delivered at any other time. If the president waited until after the election, he would have been criticized by the media for: 1. lacking the courage to come forward with this due to fearing losing the election, and 2. waiting for his re-election to unveil his "radical" agenda. It was announced today that the Obama campaign was going to make this announcement closer to the convention, even then, the president would have been criticized for making the election about social issues, rather than so-called more important issues. Lastly, we should not downplay the pressure put on the president by Biden's remarks on Meet the Press regarding his personal opinion on the question of gay marriage. In terms of leadership, it would have been worse for the president to sit back and continue to have Jay Carney give the press the usual answer of the president's "evolving" views. Obviously, there is always planning and strategy considerations when any politician, regarding of party, makes such significant pronouncements in an election year, but we should not let this truism overtake the importance of the president's remarks.

Originally Posted by Thizz Marley

how is this news or a political ploy? obama has been pro gay even before he was president.

laugh.gif
, o.k. if you say so.  His actual words say otherwise.

And now for the *... ... ...

President Obama declared his personal support for same-sex marriage yesterday, but the White House chose not to push for the repeal of the Defense of Marriage Act today.

"Well, party platform issues are for the party to decide," White House Press Secretary Jay Carney said when asked if Obama would call for the repeal of DOMA and endorsement of pro-gay marriage language in the party platform.  "That process is underway, and I refer you to the DNC on the question about the platform."

He added that "the President’s belief that DOMA ought to be repealed is well stated."

Carney refused to disclose when Obama actually completed the process of "evolving" towards support for gay marriage. "I don’t have a specific date for you," he said.

Get those 15 minutes of face time and when the happy-go-liberal crowd hears what they want... he goes back to being another corrupt politician.

Originally Posted by 8tothe24

how is this news or a political ploy? obama has been pro gay even before he was president.

laugh.gif

President Obama declared his personal support for same-sex marriage yesterday, but the White House chose not to push for the repeal of the Defense of Marriage Act today.

"Well, party platform issues are for the party to decide," White House Press Secretary Jay Carney said when asked if Obama would call for the repeal of DOMA and endorsement of pro-gay marriage language in the party platform.  "That process is underway, and I refer you to the DNC on the question about the platform."

He added that "the President’s belief that DOMA ought to be repealed is well stated."

Carney refused to disclose when Obama actually completed the process of "evolving" towards support for gay marriage. "I don’t have a specific date for you," he said.

Get those 15 minutes of face time and when the happy-go-liberal crowd hears what they want... he goes back to being another corrupt politician.

you do realize we are a democracy? you know, when no one person has complete control over the government?
i swear yall think obama is superman in a black mask. he simply stated his position, didnt promise that you and your man can get married tomorrow

Originally Posted by 8tothe24

laugh.gif

you do realize we are a democracy? you know, when no one person has complete control over the government?
i swear yall think obama is superman in a black mask. he simply stated his position, didnt promise that you and your man can get married tomorrow

laugh.gif
, it's not me that doesn't realize this- it is the homers that believe this man can do no wrong.  The media and the homers are acting as if a damn thing has changed.  Fact is he knows he isn't going to do a thing.  He just speaks out his %$#, the media slurps it up and the homers hear exactly what they want.  Everyone goes back to status quo.  Nothing more than political pandering.

Originally Posted by gambit215

160jordansdeep wrote:

like making pot legal ?

1002d1321921390-vent-channels-applause.gif

Back
Top Bottom