Breaking News: Two Journalists Shot Dead on Live TV

Why are you guys talking about kids and video games when the killer was a 41 year old man?

Why are you guys talking about kids and video games when the killer was a 41 year old man?

Because the point was brought up about a kid walking by and seeing it and being traumatized for life when they see and play as characters who do worse **** when they get on XBox or Playstation.

Last edited:

Because the point was brought up about a kid walking by and seeing it and being traumatized for life when they see and play as characters who do worse **** when they get on XBox or Playstation.
I'm sure the people who saw saving private ryan were no where near as traumatized as the soldiers that actually invaded normandy on dday....

movies and video games =/= real life....

Ain't no kid gonna be traumatized by seeing that damn image, just stop. People brought up video games and other fake stuff because the child is seeing the same type of image, whether it's real or fake. I doubt a child will discern those images and instantaneously know that it's real/that person has an actual family and so on. Not an argument I would've brought up, but I see what they're saying. Kids likely don't know the back story so it has little to no meaning to them.

Ain't no kid gonna be traumatized by seeing that damn image, just stop. 
Agree. The issue is that it's classless to the family of the victims to put that image on the magazine. Also setting a bad example by giving the killer the publicity he wanted.

Last edited:
Exactly. Thirsty and greedy magazines do whatever it takes to get that bread. I swear, paparazzi and the media are straight up evil. Especially paparazzi.

I'm sure the people who saw saving private ryan were no where near as traumatized as the soldiers that actually invaded normandy on dday....

And I'm sure the kids/people who saw this cover were nowhere near as traumatized as the people who were actually at the shooting...

What are you talking about? 
laugh.gif

And I'm sure the kids/people who saw this cover were nowhere near as traumatized as the people who were actually at the shooting...

What are you talking about? 
laugh.gif

I was agreeing to this point even though the cover was done in bad taste

Last edited:
His video resume came out.

For what's it worth, he was probably fired for being a bad anchor man.

Last edited:
It's good to see the actual perpetrator being dragged through the mud, was starting to think that bringing up the victim's past and undermining their death was the new standard...

"The manager of a bar in Roanoke said Flanagan was so incensed when no one thanked him for his business as he left the tavern that he sent a nearly 20-page letter, lambasting employees' behavior."

Yeah that's what caught my attention too. Sounds like a very strange guy.

saw this morning and it really bummed me out how many "this is so true" replies this post got. no surprise here that the person that posted this on twitter had the confederate flag as her twitter background 
mean.gif

saw this morning and it really bummed me out how many "this is so true" replies this post got. no surprise here that the person that posted this on twitter had the confederate flag as her twitter background :smh:
View media item 1690563
I want to say that there is no way a person could be thus dense, but there have been so many examples of this kind of ignorance I have no choice but to believe that people really believe this stuff.

I want to say that there is no way a person could be thus dense, but there have been so many examples of this kind of ignorance I have no choice but to believe that people really believe this stuff.
im sure there are a few NTers that feel the same way. but i wont name names

Honestly it's a foregone conclusion which names they are.

And these ol "see see see look" *** losers are something else. The whole "white lives matter" **** is said in jest to make light of actual issues. These are the "I have black/gay friends, therefore I'm not racist" folks who are dense and hapless in their thinking. Unfortunately a lot of those same folks are in positions of power.

It's good to see the actual perpetrator being dragged through the mud, was starting to think that bringing up the victim's past and undermining their death was the new standard...

sarcasm right?

Actually, no. Black victims get their past brought to light and they become vilified to justify their death. I'm actually glad to see that the victims are given the respect of not having to go through that and that the actual person who killed them is getting it. I don't care what they did in 3rd grade to little Susie, I care about why somebody thought it was ok to take their life.

sarcasm right?

Actually, no. Black victims get their past brought to light and they become vilified to justify their death. I'm actually glad to see that the victims are given the respect of not having to go through that and that the actual person who killed them is getting it. I don't care what they did in 3rd grade to little Susie, I care about why somebody thought it was ok to take their life.

I think you are mixing two situations tho. Black victims get their past brought up in police related killings. I dont think that narrative is applicable here. There isnt a reason to bring up past negative behavior of the victims. Media does that with black victims at the hands of police for a reason. But if a black victim died at the hands of another civilian under non-shady circumstances I expect them to leave out past negative behavior.

Your notion is almost similar to that screenshot that was posted. That guy statement was "correct" but it overlooked all the differences in this event and the others that he was trying to reference.

Last edited:

sarcasm right?

I think you are mixing two situations tho. Black victims get their past brought up in police related killings. I dont think that narrative is applicable here. There isnt a reason to bring up past negative behavior of the victims. Media does that with black victims at the hands of police for a reason. But if a black victim died at the hands of another civilian under non-shady circumstances I expect them to leave out past negative behavior.

Your notion is almost similar to that screenshot that was posted. That guy statement was "correct" but it overlooked all the differences in this event and the others that he was trying to reference.

I guess it also has to be high profile and not necessarily because the person was killed by a cop e.g.Trayvon Martin.

I wonder if Trill would be singing the same tune if it was his loved one plastered on the cover of a national newspaper getting blasted..

Back
Top Bottom