Brittany Maynard: My right to death with dignity at 29

She's stil able bodied. She doesn't need assistance. The whole point is that she's going out on her terms before she can't make decisions for herself.

I didn't say it was a cry for attention but again you just seem to be reaching and assuming things to be contrary to my posts.

If a person is planning to take their life for these reasons why even pretend like there's any authority that can tell them to do otherwise?
I'm sure you if educated yourself on this you wouldn't talk so flippantly about it like OD on some "stuff" and family seeing you foam at the mouth.

If you look it up, there's plenty ways to commit suicide if you're gonna go with medication.

Where is she going to get this medication?...how would she know what dosage to administer to guarantee she would just fade peacefully into sleep?....what Doctor is gonna prescribe her such drug?...assisted suicides are illegal and that's why she's broadcasting her situation, to spread awareness...yes she's able bodied to jump out of a skyscraper or slid her wrists and leave a note behind for her family, difference is with an assisted suicide she at least can plan it with them, give them time to accept her fate, hold her hand through it and not see her physically suffer....you can't see that?

I asked it in the other thread but this thread is more active.

If we call her a 'hero' and 'courageous' that is a total slap in the face to anyone who's had cancer or any other serious illness and fought it until the very end.

If we're calling his lady courageous, then by that same logic, the 9-11 hijackers were courageous because they were willing to die for a cause they believed in. You can't have it both ways with that courageous label.

Terminally ill cancer patients don't fight to the very end bro, the quality of the life goes out the window months before they actually die, if it's a brain tumor they lose most brain function weeks/months before they die...they die a painful death, they no longer understand what's going on and just feel pain, their families witness their love one fade away into a corpse, I wouldn't call her a hero, but def courageous to take the little bit of life she has left by the horns and doing it on her own terms.

Even dudes on death row go out with more dignity than some of these terminally ill patients I come to face to face at work...

She's stil able bodied. She doesn't need assistance. The whole point is that she's going out on her terms before she can't make decisions for herself.

I didn't say it was a cry for attention but again you just seem to be reaching and assuming things to be contrary to my posts.

If a person is planning to take their life for these reasons why even pretend like there's any authority that can tell them to do otherwise?
I'm sure you if educated yourself on this you wouldn't talk so flippantly about it like OD on some "stuff" and family seeing you foam at the mouth.

If you look it up, there's plenty ways to commit suicide if you're gonna go with medication.

Where is she going to get this medication?...how would she know what dosage to administer to guarantee she would just fade peacefully into sleep?....what Doctor is gonna prescribe her such drug?...assisted suicides are illegal and that's why she's broadcasting her situation, to spread awareness...yes she's able bodied to jump out of a skyscraper or slid her wrists and leave a note behind for her family, difference is with an assisted suicide she at least can plan it with them, give them time to accept her fate, hold her hand through it and not see her physically suffer....you can't see that?
Did you read the OP? She said she looked up all this stuff up and researched it before she did it.

Plenty other similar sites and books on ways to die if you ever researched suicide and those who have attempted it. Like serious google ways to commit suicide or easiest way to die. Plenty of literature not he subject.

Last edited:
She had to relocate to a different state where an assisted suicide is legal...are we talking about the same girl?

Yeah you just want to argue.

Argue what?...dawg you need to get if your defensive horse and have a simple discussion instead of crossing out my paragraphs.
Aint no defensiveness at all son. You're the one reaching and assuming things about my posts and getting emotional. From the start we're not having a discussion, telling me to read :smh:

I'll cross out what your posts again for better measure

Last edited:
Aint no defensiveness at all son. You're the one reaching and assuming things about my posts and getting emotional. From the start we're not having a discussion, telling me to read :smh:

Based on your post about her not having to broadcast this, is safe to say you didn't read.....only 5 states in the United states allow for an assisted suicide, why shouldn't she shed some light on this issue?

Based on your post about her not having to broadcast this, is safe to say you didn't read.....only 5 states in the United states allow for an assisted suicide, why shouldn't she shed some light on this issue?
NO it's not safe to say :lol:

This is why you're mistaken about this discussion you think is happening.

Maybe if you were reading my posts though, you'd understand my stance.

Last edited:

So your stance is "kill yourself and no need to try and use your situation to change laws, which affect the lives of many?" Please help me understand you...if that's yor stance then be it I guess.

Just hope you understand that suicide is illegal in most states and even if you find a way to get the meds, if there is an investigation and it comes to light that your family had any idea of your plans, they will be charged.

So your stance is "kill yourself and no need to try and use your situation to change laws, which affect the lives of many?" Please help me understand you...if that's yor stance then be it I guess.

Just hope you understand that suicide is illegal in most states and even if you find a way to get the meds, if there is an investigation and it comes to light that your family had any idea of your plans, they will be charged.
My stance is everyone in that situation that wants to kill themselves should do it if they want. Don't include family members or friends on how you plan to go about it. There isn't any authority that should tell them otherwise regardless of the laws of a particular state.

Very sad very unfortunate. I would just hopefully take pain killer and let me go naturally. Not timed by me.

My stance is everyone in that situation that wants to kill themselves should do it if they want. Don't include family members or friends on how you plan to go about it. There isn't any authority that should tell them otherwise regardless of the laws of a particular state.

Bro you think this woman actually wants to die or commit that?...Im pretty sure she touched on that topic..she wants to live, but has accepted that this is beyond her control, why shouldn't her husband be by her side?...you think is best she dies alone?

A difficult situation for everyone. But I personally believe suicide is the most selfish and cowardly thing a person can do. Depriving your loved ones and family of your life isn't alright. Obviously this isn't your average teen angst fueled suicide and its a whole lot more complicated,but I still think she should live out her life to its end.

Very sad very unfortunate. I would just hopefully take pain killer and let me go naturally. Not timed by me.

That's what hospice is supposed to be, unfortunately you just don't fade away pain free and quick, is actually a pretty slow and painful way to go, regardless of the morphine, it's crazy because since assisted suicide is illegal, a doctor can't prescribe a dose of morphine that would suppress you to the point that it will kill you, so they have to let you go NATURALLY...so the doses of morphine are monitored to try and prevent pain...but often times is just not enough.

Saw some of the story on the news this morning. I understand why she is doing it. I had to watch a family member battle cancer for the third time and they wasted away for months in a hospital bed. Told me she couldn't fight anymore and wanted to die 3 days before she eventually passed away. Cancer destroys you when it spreads and it takes away everything.

A difficult situation for everyone. But I personally believe suicide is the most selfish and cowardly thing a person can do. Depriving your loved ones and family of your life isn't alright. Obviously this isn't your average teen angst fueled suicide and its a whole lot more complicated,but I still think she should live out her life to its end.

If she does that, her last days will be her not able to move or know what's going on, her family will suffer seeing her rot away alive and at the end it will be the same outcome as it is now, her death.

She chose to do it with dignity...

Bro you think this woman actually wants to die or commit that?...Im pretty sure she touched on that topic..she wants to live, but has accepted that this is beyond her control, why shouldn't her husband be by her side?...you think is best she dies alone?
There's no cure. It's a terminal disease. Of course she doesn't want to die but since she's going to die I'm saying if she wants to die before it gets much worse for her that's entirely up to her and her alone. It's her prerogative because it's her life. That's why I said "everyone in that situation"

We all die alone for the most part (not counting when you die with a bunch of other ppl). So I don't think it's a question of is it best or not. The fact is she will die unless a cure or radical new surgical procedure shows up in the next 6 months.

Last edited:
There's no cure. It's a terminal disease. Of course she doesn't want to die but since she's going to die I'm saying if she wants to die before it gets much worse for her that's entirely up to her and her alone. It's her prerogative because it's her life. That's why I said "everyone in that situation"

We all die alone for the most part (not counting when you die with a bunch of other ppl). So I don't think it's a question of is it best or not. The fact is she will die unless a cure or radical new surgical procedure shows up in the next 6 months.

Ok is her move, I'm with you on that, still illegal for people to take their own life in 90% of the country, that's what she's trying to change, for terminally diagnosed patients.

Ok is her move, I'm with you on that, still illegal for people to take their own life in 90% of the country, that's what she's trying to change, for terminally diagnosed patients.
I didn't get in to that cuz I think for obvious reasons it won't change. An appeal to mercy/emotions aint moving no congress.

Not to be callous but the fact that she will die soon makes it even less of a chance that'll she be able to make any lasting change for any other terminally ill ppl. To them it'll just be another name on a long list soon to be forgotten.

And also for the family being involved. It's simply time to start lying. Let the person get the drug on their own and all that but when it's time you can be with them until the end if they want that and then just call the police and say you found them like that. Exactly how many heartless stick to the letter of the law and not the spirit detectives are out there that are gonna arrest family members for letting a person take their life? Quite frankly, that's the only way I'd see a law change, if more family members got arrested for this and saw jail time. Then there'd be a bit more uproar on the level of those pull the plug coverages we see sensationalized on the news.

I didn't get in to that cuz I think for obvious reasons it won't change. An appeal to mercy/emotions aint moving no congress.

Not to be callous but the fact that she will die soon makes it even less of a chance that'll she be able to make any lasting change for any other terminally ill ppl. To them it'll just be another name on a long list soon to be forgotten.

And also for the family being involved. It's simply time to start lying. Let the person get the drug on their own and all that but when it's time you can be with them until the end if they want that and then just call the police and say you found them like that. Exactly how many heartless stick to the letter of the law and not the spirit detectives are out there that are gonna arrest family members for letting a person take their life? Quite frankly, that's the only way I'd see a law change, if more family members got arrested for this and saw jail time. Then there'd be a bit more uproar on the level of those pull the plug coverages we see sensationalized on the news.

Loved ones getting arrested because they were part of your assisted suicide which made all the sense in the world, simply because money hungry states refuse to change laws which aid them and the pharmaceutical industry to bank on the suffering of others...sad world we live in...hope her family continues the fight long after she's gone and others join with them.

Most people are scared of death because they dont know whats on the other side.
If you believe in Jesus you know our father is waiting for us on the other side.
You can say Christians are crazy or that the 11disciples (John never died) were insane or delusional for willingly preaching the gospel knowing that execution awaited them http://www.bibleprobe.com/apostles.htm
but the truth is we have peace knowing Jesus died for our eternal life and will unite us with him and reunite us with those that went before us.

Thief on the cross
Luke 23:36 The soldiers also came up and mocked him. They offered him wine vinegar 37 and said, “If you are the king of the Jews, save yourself.”38 There was a written notice above him, which read: this is the king of the jews.39 One of the criminals who hung there hurled insults at him: “Aren’t you the Messiah? Save yourself and us!”40 But the other criminal rebuked him. “Don’t you fear God,” he said, “since you are under the same sentence? 41 We are punished justly, for we are getting what our deeds deserve. But this man has done nothing wrong.”42 Then he said, “Jesus, remember me when you come into your kingdom.[d]”
43 Jesus answered him, “Truly I tell you, today you will be with me in paradise.”

Consoles Disciples before death
John14:1 “Do not let your hearts be troubled. You believe in God[a]; believe also in me. 2 My Father’s house has many rooms; if that were not so, would I have told you that I am going there to prepare a place for you? 3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am. 4 You know the way to the place where I am going.”
5 Thomas said to him, “Lord, we don’t know where you are going, so how can we know the way?”
6 Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

Resurrects Lazarus
John11:23 Jesus told her, “Your brother will rise again.”
24 “Yes,” Martha said, “he will rise when everyone else rises, at the last day.”
25 Jesus told her, “I am the resurrection and the life.[e] Anyone who believes in me will live, even after dying. 26 Everyone who lives in me and believes in me will never ever die. Do you believe this, Martha?”
27 “Yes, Lord,” she told him. “I have always believed you are the Messiah, the Son of God, the one who has come into the world from God....43 Then Jesus shouted, “Lazarus, come out!” 44 And the dead man came out, his hands and feet bound in graveclothes, his face wrapped in a headcloth. Jesus told them, “Unwrap him and let him go!”

Last chapter in the Bible
Revelations 21:12 “Look, I am coming soon! My reward is with me, and I will give to each person according to what they have done. 13 I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom