Bruh, I dont think im ever getting married

40 plus....check
15 years in? I'm a little short. Will be 14 in June.

What you got?
Got kids?

Anyone cheated?

If anyone cheated would you work two it out?

How many times has divorce ever been a thought?

Do you feel like you are the same person you were when you met..?

Is she the same person?

And lastly

Hows the bedroom life

Used to want that, but couldn't want that any less at this point in my life. There's no reason for it IMO.

I would love to know how many dudes talmbout never getting married/marraige is a scheme for women to come up:

-have a pot to piss in
-have kids out of wedlock

No disrespect to single parents, but with children you're connected to that other person for at least 18 years.

Used to want that, but couldn't want that any less at this point in my life. There's no reason for it IMO.

To be completely honest I was like ya'll, didn't even think I was capable of that kind of love. I was jaded from my first heartbreak. Then I met a woman and we were so in tune I couldn't think of anything but a full life with her. Sadly we don't even speak anymore, but I thank her for opening my heart to the possibility of it. Now I welcome it if it pops up again. All it takes is that one.

How long did u date prior? How'd u meet? Were u a player before, etc...?

Met her my senior year. She was a sophomore. I went off to school, she finished school. So we had the long distance thing happening for a minute. This is before the age of everyone having cellphones so...I did what you would expect a man in his early 20s to do. By player do you mean *****? :lol: The answer to that question is yes. I moved to complete residency and she moved with me. We dated approximately 7 years before we got hitched. Basically it was time to squat or get off of the pot. I chose to squat.

Met her my senior year. She was a sophomore. I went off to school, she finished school. So we had the long distance thing happening for a minute. This is before the age of everyone having cellphones so...I did what you would expect a man in his early 20s to do. By player do you mean *****?
laugh.gif
The answer to that question is yes. I moved to complete residency and she moved with me. We dated approximately 7 years before we got hitched. Basically it was time to squat or get off of the pot. I chose to squat.
Even though i seem anti marriage, i just think it should make sense.

At that point (7 years-10 years) , I start making the switch from asking myself "why?" to "aww hell why not?"

thats a lot of damn time together especially already living together. dat comfort.

I'm about to run to the gym. I'll be back in a few to give y'all a perspective of dea..i mean.. marriage :lol:

It don't matter how solid you think your S/O is or if you been together 10, 20+ years they can still switch up on you. Even the ones that no one ever expected to go outside the marriage can play you. It's a calculated risk I suppose, but the proposition as a man in the country if you really got things going for you financially it just doesn't seem worth it. Cot damn :smh:
Tell your story b and be sure to be a true NTer and include pics of every female mentioned :smokin

I don't see myself getting married. I don't plan on getting married. Granted I've never fell deeply "head over heels" in love with a female to make me think differently. However, I could see myself married in the right situation for financial reasons; Like we cool, agree on how to raise kids, she's rich, and she needs to be married and wants me for w/e reason. It's unlikely though.

I'm a fan of marriage. I'm also a fan of prenups. Those ways of thinking don't have to be exclusive.

The old "you're just not mature enough" response...

Smh

anything Else in your life that had a 52% chance of failings....

You'd go into it with some kind of insurance or backup plan

But marriage is different because...

..?

Name one day thing that statistically fails more than it succeeds and your willing to put your wealth on it...

And I'm not even counting the people that are staying together just for the kids sake

I am a Black man born in America born to poor Black parents

Statistically I'm supposed to be in prison at some point my life.

If me and my parents based our life decisions on what was going to happen to us statically we would still be broke in Michigan somewhere.

Like I said earlier, average people that put forth average effort get average results.

I ain't average and I hope my(and any people for that matter) people ascribe to being more than what the stats say they should be.

Last edited:
marriage is an important economic step it can greatly increase financial status and prowess in professional situations...

the ideal marriage would be something akin to Bill and Hilary or maybe Will and Jada...

I'm currently with a girl who doesn't believe in divorce (I'm sure she'd make an exception for insane circumstances) and I have zero worry of ever cheating on me. Women like that still do exist. Or at least the type that you don't have to worry about cheating.

The problem is, can you be in love with a person like that? Who tends to be a bit less exciting than the type of chick who you might have to worry a tiny bit about. Obviously I'm generalizing, but I'm currently in the process of finding out if I can.

Last edited:
Bro that's cowardly thinking.

if you are pulling quality women now they ain't going to just up and vanish 4 years from now. You have to give yourself more credit than that.

Life your life and when you ready you ready.
Trust FAM, I'm far from cowardly, but the way things is moving these days it seems that when it comes time to settle down, all that's gonna be there is the "left overs". Where majority of the quality joints will be scooped up.

I'm currently with a girl who doesn't believe in divorce (I'm sure she'd make an exception for insane circumstances) and I have zero worry of ever cheating on me. Women like that still do exist. Or at least the type that you don't have to worry about cheating.

The problem is, can you be in love with a person like that? Who tends to be a bit less exciting than the type of chick who you might have to worry a tiny bit about. Obviously I'm generalizing, but I'm currently in the process of finding out if I can.

I think its worth finding out if you think there's a real shot.

How is that a problem? Why is a chick who may end up cheating on you exciting? How can you love someone who may cheat on you, but find it hard towards someone who won't? Those sounds like internal issues you need to work on.

marriage is an important economic step it can greatly increase financial status and prowess in professional situations...

the ideal marriage would be something akin to Bill and Hilary or maybe Will and Jada...

:smh:
One involved adultery at least one time and the other is a wildly rumored open marriage akin to Frank and Claire Underwood of House of Cards :smokin

I hope society keeps moving towards this sort of acceptance.

If it was always like that I'd probably grow up with a completely different view of marriage.

The easiest way to acquire wealth in this country is to get married to a woman that has a good job/head on her shoulders. I am with a girl right now that makes decent money as a nurse. However, coupled with my income and the tax breaks that would ensue we would have a very comfortable life even assuming we both don't climb in our respective professions.

I get that this is a male-dominated forum. But the economic reasons all point to getting married, not being single. The tricky part is knowing that it isn't all about love, in fact love has little to do with it at all.

Last edited:
economic reasons point to getting my own **** together. hell i need to leech off a woman for when i can build my own wealth by learning from failure?

economic reasons point to getting my own **** together. hell i need to leech off a woman for when i can build my own wealth by learning from failure?
I am not sure if this is in reference to my post, but I didn't say leech off anyone. I have my **** together, but it is even better when 2 people do. It's simple math.

Back
Top Bottom