Bruh, I dont think im ever getting married

I'm currently with a girl who doesn't believe in divorce (I'm sure she'd make an exception for insane circumstances) and I have zero worry of ever cheating on me. Women like that still do exist. Or at least the type that you don't have to worry about cheating.

The problem is, can you be in love with a person like that? Who tends to be a bit less exciting than the type of chick who you might have to worry a tiny bit about. Obviously I'm generalizing, but I'm currently in the process of finding out if I can.
How is that a problem? Why is a chick who may end up cheating on you exciting? How can you love someone who may cheat on you, but find it hard towards someone who won't? Those sounds like internal issues you need to work on.
You got my point wrong my man.

I don't mean a girl is more exciting because she might cheat. But just imo generally, the type of girl who is exciting and will keep you on your heels is also the one who might lack the morality of the good girl who'll be faithful to you through anything.

I'm currently with a girl who doesn't believe in divorce (I'm sure she'd make an exception for insane circumstances) and I have zero worry of ever cheating on me. Women like that still do exist. Or at least the type that you don't have to worry about cheating.

The problem is, can you be in love with a person like that? Who tends to be a bit less exciting than the type of chick who you might have to worry a tiny bit about. Obviously I'm generalizing, but I'm currently in the process of finding out if I can.
How is that a problem? Why is a chick who may end up cheating on you exciting? How can you love someone who may cheat on you, but find it hard towards someone who won't? Those sounds like internal issues you need to work on.

You got my point wrong my man.

I don't mean a girl is more exciting because she might cheat. But just imo generally, the type of girl who is exciting and will keep you on your heels is also the one who might lack the morality of the good girl who'll be faithful to you through anything.
With all due offense, that is the dumbest opinion I've heard.

So you're saying a chick who I enjoy spending time with, excites me, and keeps me motivated in life doesn't have good morals and lacks faithfulness? Not sure how that correlation occurs.

I really want to know what you're opinion is based on. What experiences did you have that shaped this opinion?

May or may not be related, but are you Muslim?

economic reasons point to getting my own **** together. hell i need to leech off a woman for when i can build my own wealth by learning from failure?
I am not sure if this is in reference to my post, but I didn't say leech off anyone. I have my **** together, but it is even better when 2 people do. It's simple math.
nah i feel you. i'm just not about to get married with someone to double my net worth. i rather just be single and struggle on my own to create even more wealth. if i ever do get married i really dont care how much she makes if anything at all, i'll care more about getting health insurance from her than anything else.

I am a Black man born in America born to poor Black parents

Statistically I'm supposed to be in prison at some point my life.

If me and my parents based our life decisions on what was going to happen to us statically we would still be broke in Michigan somewhere.

Like I said earlier, average people that put forth average effort get average results.

I ain't average and I hope my(and any people for that matter) people ascribe to being more than what the stats say they should be.
good point...

The only thing I would say is I'm not saying you should get married, just like I'm not saying you shouldn't remain in an impoverished situation.

But I'd look at a prenup like knowing as a black man, you're a target

Hedging your bet.

Yeah, you statistically weren't supposed yo make it.. But you hedged your self as a black man by KNOWING you had that stigma lurking.....

And you took every precaution to fight through it.

Same with marriage. You hedge your bet.

Also... The upside from being a broke black man are much greater than marriage from a TANGIBLE Perspective...

The easiest way to acquire wealth in this country is to get married to a woman that has a good job/head on her shoulders. I am with a girl right now that makes decent money as a nurse. However, coupled with my income and the tax breaks that would ensue we would have a very comfortable life even assuming we both don't climb in our respective professions.

I get that this is a male-dominated forum. But the economic reasons all point to getting married, not being single. The tricky part is knowing that it isn't all about love, in fact love has little to do with it at all.

Why do you say this? Love lost causes people to stray/cheat/get divorced.

Last edited:
Got kids?

Anyone cheated?

If anyone cheated would you work two it out?

How many times has divorce ever been a thought?

Do you feel like you are the same person you were when you met..?

Is she the same person?

And lastly

Hows the bedroom life

View media item 1416753

I'm back. Let's see. Yes. I have two daughters. Love them to death. As far as the cheating thing goes, let's say we had a period where we were taking each other for granted (Cue the Forrest Gump that's all I'm going to say about that gif). We've worked through it. It was touch and go for a minute there but it's as good as it's ever been now. You know when you see on TV people talking about communication? That stuff works. Who knew:lol:

Am I the same person when we met? I'd better not be for her sake. When we met, I was 21 years old. I was all about taking care of what I needed to take care of to be what I wanted to be.
The same thing goes for her. Of course we're both different.

My bedroom life is great. I wouldn't BS you. I talk to people at work who have a designated sex night once a week. I look at them like they're crazy. I'm 41 but I'm a gym rat and I'm not suffering from low T:lol:. Once a week?! Momma knows that won't fly.

would be awesome to know your perspective and that of your divorced friends.

My friends run the gamut. I have divorced friends. I have remarried friends. I have friends who run around like they're not married. One of my aces is a guy who is 52, a doc, and has never been married. He has a 9 year old with a bird but he has never been hitched. He makes a lot of money. He takes trips all over the place. He usually takes females on these trips with him. His life is a series of BS relationships. Now, he tells me he wants to get married. I have a standing bet with him that he won't. Too set in his ways. One minute he will tell me his life is fantastic. The next minute he will tell me he's lonely.

Marriage is like everything else in this world. You get out of it what you put in it.

As far as the divorce thing goes, don't worry about it. If you're a money making dude, you're going to make money. That won't stop. Anything you acquire, you can reacquire. Don't let the fear of the unknown keep you from taking the ride of your life. Could be awesome. Could be terrible. You won't know unless you get on :smokin

I am a Black man born in America born to poor Black parents

Statistically I'm supposed to be in prison at some point my life.

If me and my parents based our life decisions on what was going to happen to us statically we would still be broke in Michigan somewhere.

Like I said earlier, average people that put forth average effort get average results.

I ain't average and I hope my(and any people for that matter) people ascribe to being more than what the stats say they should be.
good point...

The only thing I would say is I'm not saying you should get married, just like I'm not saying you shouldn't remain in an impoverished situation.

But I'd look at a prenup like knowing as a black man, you're a target

Hedging your bet.

Yeah, you statistically weren't supposed yo make it.. But you hedged your self as a black man by KNOWING you had that stigma lurking.....

And you took every precaution to fight through it.

Same with marriage. You hedge your bet.

Also... The upside from being a broke black man are much greater than marriage from a TANGIBLE Perspective...

My wifey has as much or more education and earning potential than I do.

Don't date or marry women that don't.

Yall worried about women taking your money then don't date broke *******.

Last edited:
plenty of women doing well that will try and take half of yours out of spite b.
The system isn't designed to punish men in divorce, it's to punish the money maker. Although that usually is the man 
laugh.gif

Last edited:
Can't speak for anyone else but, my marriage is :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp:

How long have you two been together? Pros, cons, advice?

I'm 29. Together for 7 --- Married for 5 ---- 3 kids, 1 pending
(Got hella hos in my day. Wasn't trying to settle, but I know a good thing when I see one)
Getting married younger is better than older cus you get to grow together vs. being set in your ways and dealing or not.

Honestly, there's nothing I can think of that actual marriage paper work, ceremony, and vows before God/Family, friends, witnesses brings that can't be had just by dating or shacking up. But to be married shows how serious you are. That you want your ultimate authority, God/government, to recognize that you merging your essence ( life and assets) with a counterpart to create a new being. (Like Power Ranger's zords when they make Megazord). It should make you better. As a man, you should become a stronger leader, even when you seek your wifes council. Marriage is really a refining process of both parties. That's why it gets tough for some couples.

You shouldn't get married because they make you feel good. Cus if that stops or changes, you wont last. You marry because you want them to feel good. You want their
well-being, no matter what. And you will know if you chose right, because they will want the same for you (One hand washes the other). Marraige is takes work. But the best things in life take the most work.

Pros:
I'll never date ****** by mistake
I have a hot best friend who lets me smash er' day
We share the same values and beliefs.
She's frugal. That turns me on. Anyone can spend alotta money. But it takes real effort to save money.
She down with gender roles like me. We around confound to them, its just a gage.

Cons:
I have to turn down ***** on the reg..... having the wife I do, its worth.

pretty bent hope this sounds like it does in my head......

Last edited:
I'll chime in.....

I got married back in 02' to my high school sweetheart (a gorgeous blonde hair blue eyed girl). I was in the Navy and really concentrated on my career and my marriage suffered fast. 6mo in, we both knew it was the wrong thing to do. We never even consummated our marriage, we actually never had sex ever. We had done everything but vaginal and penis penetration.

I was gone so much, we decided to get a divorce once I got back. In the mean time we agreed to do our thing. We were still cool and she told me about a guy she met, I was happy that she was happy. She then called to tell me she was preggers. I was like cool ,because she did have a medical scare and doctors said her chance of getting preggers was in jeopardy.

I get home and we start the divorce so she can go on with her sons father.

We had no mutual property or anything to divide but she had a child and in the eyes of the court, a child born of a marriage is automatically assumed to be the husband's. So, the judge would not divorce us and wanted to hit me with child support. My name wasn't even on the childs birth certificate and the judge wouldn't divorce us. I took a test to prove the child wasn't mine and the judge wouldn't divorce us. So my wife tod the judge that the father was locked up. Luckily he step up and claimed his son. Took the test to prove it was his and was hit with child support.

My wife was white, and the judge didn't want this black man off the hook. Both my wife and my white lawyer knew the deal.

My wife wasn't even trying to screw me over, but the system was designed to screw me over. A married woman can get preggers from another man and the husband has to jump through hoops to prove the child it not his.

I'm with the op, marriage is for the birds.

I'll chime in.....

I got married back in 02' to my high school sweetheart (a gorgeous blonde hair blue eyed girl). I was in the Navy and really concentrated on my career and my marriage suffered fast. 6mo in, we both knew it was the wrong thing to do. We never even consummated our marriage, we actually never had sex ever. We had done everything but vaginal and penis penetration.

I was gone so much, we decided to get a divorce once I got back. In the mean time we agreed to do our thing. We were still cool and she told me about a guy she met, I was happy that she was happy. She then called to tell me she was preggers. I was like cool ,because she did have a medical scare and doctors said her chance of getting preggers was in jeopardy.

We had no mutual property or anything to divide but she had a child and in the eyes of the court, a child born of a marriage is automatically assumed to be the husband's. So, the judge would not divorce us and wanted to hit me with child support. My name wasn't even on the childs birth certificate and the judge wouldn't divorce us. I took a test to prove the child wasn't mine and the judge wouldn't divorce us. So my wife tod the judge that the father was locked up. Luckily he step up and claimed his son. Took the test to prove it was his and was hit with child support.

My wife was white, and the judge didn't want this black man off the hook. Both my wife and my white lawyer knew the deal.

My wife wasn't even trying to screw me over, but the system was designed to screw me over. A married woman can get preggers from another man and the husband has to jump through hoops to prove the child it not his.

damn that's wild.......and white women love yall minority military mogs lol 

I'll chime in.....

Now this is a whole other argument I can get in to about the unjust legal system and the contrast between child support when the female has the child leading to the penalties of the father or assumed one and abortion where the man has absolutely no say so :smh:

**** is so foul it's horrific. No logic in lay whatsoever :x

Disgusting :stoneface:

Last edited:
Subscribed. Will post details later, just had a rather emotional discussion with my almost 5 year gf about this very subject a couple days ago.

I'll chime in.....

:x :x

What was the judges response when you were hitting him with the DNA tests and whatnot?

I'll chime in.....

That's some BS right there.....:smh:

cot damn @thenewjs23
reminds me of this:

foh!! better off taking my life before you think you see a cot damn dime from me :smh:

Last edited:
I can't even fathom how that's allowed. Judges need a governing body that questions decisions like this.

Back
Top Bottom