Bulls offseason Thread

Man jimmy mite b sumthin special my uncle was mad as he'll talking bout he'd never touch Butler for Melo even I was :smh: but he knows his ****..same guy called rookie tony parker being a HOF type pg after seeing I believe his first game playing in chicago.. Saw it in person..

I got alot of faith in Butler growing as a player I know alot say they don't see him surpassing where he's at now but I can see jimmy being an allstar in a season or 2, quote me on that..

Chi town NO LOVE CITY..:lol:

Last edited:
I'm pretty torn about the possible deal, and i dont like to do a whole lot of speculation because whatever happens is gonna happen and Im gonna support our Bullies regardless. I like the moves we made after losing on Melo. Howeva.....although , at first, I thought this renewed Love to Chicago talk was total BS and a ploy by Minnesota to get more out of a possible suitor, I am now starting to think that the speculation is serious. I am a big fan of Kevin Love. I have no doubt that dude would come over to the Chi and DO WORK, but having said that, you never wanna part with too much talent. I believe that Taj will take another step up this season. I've been a big fan of McDermott and I was super duper happy that we moved up to get him. I see Dougie being a 15 and 6 guy , or better, really really soon...and he can flat out shoot the rock. Then we have Nikola Mirotic, who could be outstanding, or could be a bust. I think Miritoc can eventually become a 20, 8, &4 guy. We pretty much know how good Taj is and will be...so the question becomes, how good will McDermott and Miritoc become??? Do you trade three really good players for one awesome player? Thats the loaded question.

Last edited:
I'm fine either way. I'd prefer to roll with this deep squad that we've got. However if cornered, I'd do this trade...only because this core has a 2 maybe 3 year window to win banner #7 and Love's existing body of work combined with the rest of the squad can increase the odds of winning #7.

You really can't worry about paying Jimmy or the others right now, especially if this org is all in for the short term. Besides, Jommy may get maxed out by some crazy GM. Oh and you keep Love off the CAVS....prevent your biggest Eastern rival from bolstering itself. Plus, if Jimmy and Snell are kept then our thinnest position is not weakened especially when the best player in the L is a SF.

If I'm Minny, I would prefer the CAVS package with Wiggins from a fan sales perspective even if it doesn't make short term basketball sense.

Last edited:
^You included
You don't see me talking like I know for a fact things will happen. I personally think that their is a possibility that Mirotic could turn into something special. I ain't making any guarantees that he will though like I know for a fact that he will be one thing.

Bunch of fortune tellers we got in here.

I predict Rose will win MVP.

The Bulls will win 82 games.

Chris Bosh will announce that he's gay.

LeBron Kobe Wade KD Love are going to announce their retirements at the beginning of the season. Their teams will trade all their second best players to us.

That is all.

I'm bored

Cleveland sucks

But seriously, no Love trades though, please

You don't see me talking like I know for a fact things will happen. I personally think that their is a possibility that Mirotic could turn into something special. I ain't making any guarantees that he will though like I know for a fact that he will be one thing.

Semantics. You're Ms. Cleo-ing like most of us in here.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Y'all my guys but I gotta stay away from this thread till the season starts.....some of y'all are already in mid season form.

Nobody's guaranteeing nothing bro relax it's just weighing what we have in taj and what can be in the rookie vs who love will be with talent around him

Good read on taj saying he don't wanna go
http://m.espn.go.com/general/story?storyId=11253489&city=chicago&src=desktop

Taj is hands down my favorite bull. Give him minutes and let him be great.

Noah is hands down my fav BUllie but Taj is a verrrrry close 2nd crazy #1 kinda got moved to #3

Question for the homies that favor the Love trade, how are we going to pay Love AND Butler at the end of the season? Do we just let Jimmy walk?

If I recall correctly you can go over the cap to resign your own players. Butler price tag won't be as high as people think. Anything over $8 per season is reaching considering his offense is inconsistent as this point. Last I heard, Jerry doesn't mind going over the cap as long as it makes sense.

Question for the homies that favor the Love trade, how are we going to pay Love AND Butler at the end of the season? Do we just let Jimmy walk?

If I recall correctly you can go over the cap to resign your own players. Butler price tag won't be as high as people think. Anything over $8 per season is reaching considering his offense is inconsistent as this point. Last I heard, Jerry doesn't mind going over the cap as long as it makes sense.

Larry Legend aka Bird Rights, I believe.

LMAO @ saying Mirotic will be better than an NBA superstar w/o a single game played.

Get K Love. I'd be very sad to see Taj go, but we get that offensive machine and a 2nd superstar.

Love hasn't proven anything to me, I'd rather keep Taj who isn't as good a scorer as Love but I know he will scrap and get in the trenches on D while providing a spark on O when needed....

Big question remains, who is our 2nd scorer? on a more consistent level? I could see Pau producing, especially with Noah down there as well. Hope we can get a great high/low post out of all 3 of our bigs.

Love hasn't proven anything to me, I'd rather keep Taj who isn't as good a scorer as Love but I know he will scrap and get in the trenches on D while providing a spark on O when needed....

Big question remains, who is our 2nd scorer? on a more consistent level? I could see Pau producing, especially with Noah down there as well. Hope we can get a great high/low post out of all 3 of our bigs.

When has taj provided a spark on offense when needed? We needed a spark ALL LAST YEAR and I don't recall him being that guy.

Secondly, you just asked where's the 2nd consistent scorer going to come from but balked at trading for a player who averaged 24 ppg while being the focal point of defenses every night. I am. Con. Fused.

When has taj provided a spark on offense when needed? We needed a spark ALL LAST YEAR and I don't recall him being that guy.

Secondly, you just asked where's the 2nd consistent scorer going to come from but balked at trading for a player who averaged 24 ppg while being the focal point of defenses every night. I am. Con. Fused.

How much would we have to sacrifice to get him, that's my main issue. Minnesota wants an arm and a leg for a guy who's going to leave next off-season anyway; that's the last thing we need at this point especially w/ Rose still questionable.

Taj came through sometimes, not all of the time from what I recall so that point is taken but he fits w/ our unit.

If we could get Love for Taj and a pick or two, coo, but not for anything more. Don't think they'll deal him anyway though

I'm saying what if this trade went thru?

Do numbers Even fit with having to pay jimmy soon.. Then rose contract jump kicks in...then resigning this guy?

Then we're left withjust Pau, Joakin and Love?
That doesn't sound good to me..
Loosing defense and depth with taj rookies and picks? Na.

I dont want the trade really at all but I wouldn't hate it too much reason being we can never aquire big talent..
I'm just unsure if love is even big talent..he's surrounded by nobody in minny so why wouldn't he put up those numbers..if you put me on a,middle school team I'm going to shine as well..
Question is can he shine with other talents around him which is still very much unknown

I like the thought that Love and Drose are both only 25.. That's about it..

Last edited:

How much would we have to sacrifice to get him, that's my main issue. Minnesota wants an arm and a leg for a guy who's going to leave next off-season anyway; that's the last thing we need at this point especially w/ Rose still questionable.

Taj came through sometimes, not all of the time from what I recall so that point is taken but he fits w/ our unit.

If we could get Love for Taj and a pick or two, coo, but not for anything more. Don't think they'll deal him anyway though

Waddle & Silvy made this point, That's essentially what you are offering for him for: Taj, Mirotic, the 16th & 19th pick. You're telling me that prior to the draft if I were to tell you you could get Love for that you would've said no?!?!

If yes, something's wrong with you.

If no, I don't understand why the fuss now bc you saw Doug play against some D League players and finally saw Niko on us soil. :smh:

Waddle & Silvy made this point, That's essentially what you are offering for him for: Taj, Mirotic, the 16th & 19th pick. You're telling me that prior to the draft if I were to tell you you could get Love for that you would've said no?!?!

If yes, something's wrong with you.

If no, I don't understand why the fuss now bc you saw Doug play against some D League players and finally saw Niko on us soil. :smh:

If it wouldn't hurt our cap for too long then I would definitely consider the trade. I feel where we hurt the most besides a second consistent scorer was in the paint w/ fresh bodies that could at least hold their own until Noah came back in. Boozer hurt us, just wouldn't want to make the same decision.......Though I'm not at all sayin Love and Boozer are the same caliber players.

I don't even expect McDermott to make that big of an impact this year being a rookie, Mirotic is a big body that could rotate w/ Pau and Joakim...and Nzar which would be great for the team..... At the end of the day, why can't we have what the spurs have :\

If Nikola pans out we have taj mirotic pau and joakim...

Compared to

Pau jo n Love

I think we're safer not doing the trade and if he's really needed we go after him in free agency...
Just my opinion

Yall swear this guys a superstar...
I just don't get it..

Last edited:
Btw, who cares how we'll pay Jimmy if we get Love!! Oh no...we may really pay the luxury tax for a legit reason, not because of Kirk Hinrich....

2 year window to win a chip..that's it...then everyone can go their merry ways.

Back
Top Bottom